[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hi guys,

Quick question I have installed xenporto got it up and running and everything is great. However I would like to list all my forums on the front left next to recent threads. I have googled and googled and can't seem to find anything anyone got any suggestions? :)
I don't think this exists but it should be easy to code. I would start by checking out the public controller for the forum index. The native code for quick navigation would also give some pointers. ;)

I ran the vb4 upgrader (unofficial one), and after setting an imported CMS forum as the "News" forum, and trying to go back to the forum home page, I get this error;

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 582
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/index.php at line 13

Any ideas?

EDIT: It looks unchecking "Index" from the Globalized Custom layouts area in options made it go away - still not sure what caused it though.

Last edited:
And just got it again when I tried to make a new post in that imported forum that is set as the News Source;

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 582
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/index.php at line 13

EDIT: Also getting this when trying to promote an existing thread in the forum that had the imported articles - any ideas? Sort of renders having the articles imported useless at this point

Last edited:
Another thing I would mention is that you don't actually have to display news articles on your portal to get the slider to work. You can just use the settings on recentnews and not have to display recentnews block, if you don't want to.

I have it done here.
www.unitedreds.net

Yeah thats what I'm doing. Hey Terence, looks like you're missing the controller buttons. Its cuz they were missing from the install file for some crazy reason. Here they are, just put them in the styles/8wayrun directory and you should be good to go

EWRporta_slider.webp

@TheSalt this probably applies to you too.

Also @Terence Donnelly and @TheSalt I had an issue with images not centering and filling u the slider properly. Terence, looks like you have the slider set to fluid width so I dont know if that would effect you but if you guys want to make your slider look like mine heres my recentfeatures.css

I highlighted the bit that fixes the image centering properly...

#recentFeatures .recentFeatures
{
position: relative;
border: 0px solid #333;
background-color: #000;
overflow: hidden;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
height: 400px;
top: -4px;
}

HIGHLIGHT------->#recentFeatures ul li { background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; background-size: cover; height: 400px; }<------ HIGHLIGHT
#recentFeatures ul li a { text-decoration: none !important; color: #EEE; }
#recentFeatures ul li .summary { position: absolute; bottom: 0px; width: 100%; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); }
#recentFeatures ul li .summary .title { padding: 15px 15px 0px; font-size: 18px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; }
#recentFeatures ul li .summary .excerpt { padding: 0px 15px 15px; font-size: 11px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; }

/*---------------------------------------*/
/* BXSLIDER LAYOUT */

/* ITEM CONTROLS */

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager { position: absolute; top: 10px; z-index: 9999; width: 100%; text-align: center; }
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager .bx-pager-item,
.bx-wrapper .bx-controls-auto .bx-controls-auto-item { display: inline-block; }

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a
{
width: 10px;
height: 10px;
margin: 3px;
display: block;
text-indent: -9999px;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFF inset;
}
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a { background-color: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.7); }
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a:hover { background-color: rgba(64, 64, 64, 0.7); }
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a.active { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 1); }

/* DIRECTION CONTROLS */

.bx-wrapper .bx-prev { left: 10px; background: url('styles/8wayrun/EWRporta_slider.png') no-repeat 0 -32px; }
.bx-wrapper .bx-next { right: 10px; background: url('styles/8wayrun/EWRporta_slider.png') no-repeat -43px -32px; }
.bx-wrapper .bx-prev:hover { background-position: 0 0; }
.bx-wrapper .bx-next:hover { background-position: -43px 0; }

.bx-wrapper .bx-controls-direction a
{
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
width: 32px;
height: 32px;
margin-top: -16px;
text-indent: -9999px;
z-index: 100;
}
.bx-wrapper .bx-controls-direction a.disabled { display: none; }

/* DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE */

#recentFeatures .heightFix { height: 500px; } /*HEIGHT*/

Last edited:
I'm curious, Can the Blocks for xenporta handle Xenforo Database commands(ie: php?) I want a block that queries a couple of custom fields and lists users on my front page.

I was just curious if anyone ever tried getting waindigo's last post avatar to work on the recent news block on the portal page?

I'm struggling with setting up a new custom index layout. I do not have "set as index controller" as an option. What am I doing wrong?

For the life of me, I cannot figure out the URL to get to my custom page.

My application is simple: I want a blog with a custom style containing promoted articles/threads, but I do not want the page to be the main portal for the site. This seems incredibly difficult to figure out.

Last edited:
Can I run this if I have forum installed in root directory ? Maybe I can have portal setup on domain/portal. Is it possible ?

Top Bottom