[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Sorry if this has been asked and answered repeatedly - if so, a link would be great - does this have a feature to automatically promote the most liked threads in certain categories to certain blocks in the portal? A bit like reddit... Thanks :)

No , this doesn't exist, but I'd love to have it customized - maybe we can team up and get someone to implement it for us?

Does anyone know how I can edit the article layout for XenPorta?

Basically I would like to restyle the first post and default the comments to look like regular posts in a thread and not like comments on an article.

Hello to everybody.
By installing Xenporta, signatures do not show in threads that are selected in recentnews !!!
Did you checked it??
Any body can help.??

@Jaxel

I cloned your Countdown block and created a second countdown called countdown2 and it displays fine but the countdown doesn't start. The original countdown works fine and counts down but the clone I made doesn't start to countdown. Any idea why? I set the time but nothing

double_countdown.webp

@Jaxel

I cloned your Countdown block and created a second countdown called countdown2 and it displays fine but the countdown doesn't start. The original countdown works fine and counts down but the clone I made doesn't start to countdown. Any idea why? I set the time but nothing

It's actually Brogan's countdown timer from CTA... it looks like you didn't define the countdown ID correct in your template.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) with a new update entry:

XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Widget Framework Crowd-Fund!

The original version of XenPorta 1.0 was released a short four days after the open beta of the XenForo platform. It was created in order to fill the needs that people had with the platform and the lack of a front-page for their forums. XenPorta was released for free, because I was new to the platform and didn't feel comfortable charging for an under-produced and impossible to support piece of software. Some time later, I released XenPorta 1.5, which tacked a rudimentary widget framework onto...

Read the rest of this update entry...

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY xf_attachment.attach_date DESC LIMIT ?, ?' at line 8 in C:\xampp\htdocs\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 77

Any idea why I am getting this when I try and use the recent attachments block? I also love this addon and will be donating to you guys as soon as I can. Thanks for all your hard work.

Do we know for sure that XenForo is not working on a portal or CMS behind the scenes? It would be a lot easier for me to contribute towards xenporta 2.0 if I knew the answer to that question.

Ok guys, I have been struggling with this issue for some time. Just trying to configure my portal page and /forums correctly. Initially, I had Xenforo located in the /forums directory. Since I wanted to transition to having a portal, I made some changes and found out that I needed to have Xenforo in the root for this to occur.

I moved Xenforo to the root folder and kept the files in the forum folder. Everything worked out except, clicking on "Forums" took me to the portal instead of my forums. My root did take me to the portal so that was working correctly. The "Forums" took me to the portal so when I went to the actual forums my urls looked like /forums/forums. Obviously this is not something I want.

I thought that by deleting the files in the forum folder would solve the issue, but I just ran into 500 errors all over the place.

This is a screenshot of my basic board information setup page:

bandicam 2014-01-26 21-44-28-249.webp

So in summary:

How do I get rid of the /forums/forums in my url? Deleting that directory gave me errors and all I was left with was my portal page.

EDIT: I just remembered I never set the proper permissions on my root folder. So that could be the cause of the issue.

Still getting errors though. Not sure how to fix honestly.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I have been struggling with this issue for some time. Just trying to configure my portal page and /forums correctly. Initially, I had Xenforo located in the /forums directory. Since I wanted to transition to having a portal, I made some changes and found out that I needed to have Xenforo in the root for this to occur.

I moved Xenforo to the root folder and kept the files in the forum folder. Everything worked out except, clicking on "Forums" took me to the portal instead of my forums. My root did take me to the portal so that was working correctly. The "Forums" took me to the portal so when I went to the actual forums my urls looked like /forums/forums. Obviously this is not something I want.

I thought that by deleting the files in the forum folder would solve the issue, but I just ran into 500 errors all over the place.

This is a screenshot of my basic board information setup page:

View attachment 65791

So in summary:

How do I get rid of the /forums/forums in my url? Deleting that directory gave me errors and all I was left with was my portal page.

EDIT: I just remembered I never set the proper permissions on my root folder. So that could be the cause of the issue.

Still getting errors though. Not sure how to fix honestly.
Check your htaccess, and also try to rename /forums directory into something else.

You can try to see your error log for more information.

Top Bottom