[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
* Go to ACP --> XenPorta --> Categories ---> Click on Create New Categories

* Create the Categories you want (ie, news, articles, etc)

* Go to your layout and put the block NewsCategories where you want in the layout (sidebar recommended)

* To add a thread to a category, click on the bottom of the first post where there is a button that says Edit (not the edit button for the post) and select which category you want the thread to be in.

* Now any categories containing threads should show up on your portal page

man, i'm not able to find this edit link anywhere. is it on the portal page? or the thread listing? or on the thread itself? i've tried them all and i'm not seeing any categories to choose from.

I have my home page set to use XenPorta portal. The Index Page Route is set to portal/. In the XenPorta options, I have Forum (forum-# > forum) ticked. When I create a custom layout, it doesn't apply to the home portal page. How do I use a different layout for the portal page? Thanks.

@Jaxel,

I would recommend putting a conditional in your actionIndex function of EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread that will back out sooner and return the parent if the $response object is not an instance of _View.

At the moment your code sets the format key of the thread array, regardless of the controller response. I have seen this interfere with other add-ons where a check for the thread param would not normally be expected.

I can't see a particular reason why you might need that code to run during redirects/reroutes and it would save you from checking the $response object twice later on in the code.

I'd really love to see some tweaks to this mod to make it more responsive. The accordion is the culprit mainly.

Hello everybody. Iam a new xenporta user. Iam using the original xenforo template and all are updated.
The problem is that ia trying to put threads on the portal page, by promoting them but i get a server error and nothting shows up.
The second problem is that i cannot find anywhere the edit button to assign a post to a category

Please help.

How do I change the color of the footer?

sSX0e2J.png

Hello everybody. Iam a new xenporta user. Iam using the original xenforo template and all are updated.
The problem is that ia trying to put threads on the portal page, by promoting them but i get a server error and nothting shows up.
The second problem is that i cannot find anywhere the edit button to assign a post to a category

Please help.
  1. Are you running the latest versions of both XenForo and XenPorta?
  2. Can you post the server error?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered repeatedly - if so, a link would be great - does this have a feature to automatically promote the most liked threads in certain categories to certain blocks in the portal? A bit like reddit... Thanks :)

Hi guys! How do you change the name of the navigation tab for the portal? I don't have it set to index because I want it as a separate news page.
How do I change the name of the tab from 'Home' to 'News'?
I looked back about 10 pages in this thread, but couldn't find an answer. Thanks for any insight! :)

Top Bottom