[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Again you've been tremendously helpful. Two more questions: Is there a way to make the RecentNews block static ? Basically, I want it to always point to my welcome message in the forum, currently if I make another thread in the forum it shows the new thread as the most recent news. My other question is, is there a way to get the RecentNews block to show the full image, as opposed to just the thumbnail?
You can sticky a thread within your news forum and configure your Recent News block to keep stickies on top. However, if you want a static block, you could always create a Raw HTML block.

I'm sure you could adjust the thumbnail to position at a different width/height. If you link to your site I can have a look.

Last edited:
You can sticky a thread within your news forum and configure your Recent News block to keep stickies on top. However, if you want a static block, you could always create a Raw HTML block.

I'm sure you could adjust the thumbnail to position at a different width/height. If you link to your site I can have a look.

That keeps the Sticky post on top, but it then creates new "pages" for each subsequent thread. I just want the one static post, no other pages.

Just change the number of threads that block shows to 1 or create a static HTML block with your welcome message.

You could follow Dakis's suggestion, or don't set your Recent News block to feed from any forums. Promote the one thread and no others. Still, the Raw HTML block would be the most flexible, but maybe not as convenient.

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue here.
Invalid model 'EWRporta_Model_Blocks' specified

1. XenForo_Model::create() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 50
  2. EWRporta_Install::installCode()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/18/12061118/html/forums/admin.php at line 13
Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Just change the number of threads that block shows to 1 or create a static HTML block with your welcome message.

It doesn't have an option for nuber of pages, only number of threads per page. So if I set it for one thread per page it will create a new page for every thread.

I used the code Jaxel provide somewhere in an old thread to remove the avatar from the recent news. Worked fine. However , it then still removes the first picture it would usually use to display there. What would I have to do change that?

I used the code Jaxel provide somewhere in an old thread to remove the avatar from the recent news. Worked fine. However , it then still removes the first picture it would usually use to display there. What would I have to do change that?
There should be no need to use additional code to remove the avatar from recent news posts. When promoting a thread, simply choose the option Disable Promotion Icon.

I see. We are using a specific "news forum" to automatically add them to XenPorta but that's a small downside to it to have a few clicks more

Thanks for awesome Add-on, but I want to change the Home menu to Portal or News menu, anyone has some suggestions for this?

Thanks for awesome Add-on, but I want to change the Home menu to Portal or News menu, anyone has some suggestions for this?

Go to Appearance > Styles > YourStyle > Templates

Search for "navigation" (Without quotes)

Find
Code:
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>

Change the {$extraTab.title} to whatever you want it to be (i.e. News or Portal)

Hope that worked

Is it possible to have the home button to be a different domain with XenPorta and community a different domain?

1. Home button would go to www.portal.com
2. Community/forums button would go to www.forums.com (a different domain)

It would just show the article list/content on the www.portal.com domain, but the thread on the forums.com domain.

I can not get in the block RecentFeature see all the photos of attachments that I gradually put in the various notifications, I still see only the first one I named slide.jpg, how can I do to make her see all the images, or at least the first image in each News I've created ?
Thanks

Is it possible to have the home button to be a different domain with XenPorta and community a different domain?

1. Home button would go to www.portal.com
2. Community/forums button would go to www.forums.com (a different domain)

It would just show the article list/content on the www.portal.com domain, but the thread on the forums.com domain.

Yes, it is. The easiest way to do that is to change your navigation file kinda like before.

So find this in your navigation template:
HTML:
<!-- home -->
        <xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
            <li class="navTab home PopupClosed"><a href="{$homeLink}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li>
        </xen:if>

After you find it, all you need to do is change the {$homeLink} part. So, it'll look something like this:
HTML:
        <xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
            <li class="navTab home PopupClosed"><a href="http://yoursite.com" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li>
        </xen:if>

Hope that helped :)

Top Bottom