[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Having a slight issue. This weekend I did a upgrade of 1.2.0, I upgraded all my addons aswell.

My landing is back to the way it was, the main index is Porta. But when you click fourms, its also showing the portal page ontop before the Forum List. Before the upgrade this wasn't occurring. Take a look at my site to see what I am talking about, would appreciate the fix.

www.lomgaming.com

Thank you

I figured it out, I had Index (index > portal) checked.

I unchecked that, and went into Xenforo options and set the landing for portal/

@madogdan : Did you mean resize the block by putting it in the left column instead of the right?

I think we'd rather wait for the final version to go out. xenPorta is the only addon that we need to be finally able to move to 1.2. Can't wait for an update! :)

I am trying to use [prbreak][/prbreak] to split text for two parts. First Part before [prbreak][/prbreak] should only display on Portal Page, the second part after [prbreak][/prbreak] should only display in thread. I never got this damn thing working. It was somehow working for one of my site moderators.

Can someone please enlighten me, what I am doing wrong? I even checked my moderators thread, copied everything, pasted the content, but it is not working for me. This is driving me crazy!

Any news yet as to when we can expect the updated version of XenPorta since everybody is eagerly waiting on it and using it? We are using it on our test site and it is still breaking stuff. Any words from @Jaxel would be great.

This is how XenPorta looks like at the moment on our test site:

This is XenPorta when you are not logged in:

screen1.png

This is XenPorta when you are logged in:

screen2.png

We are using the Fusion Gamer Template by PixelEdit

Last edited:
Just checking, you know it's prebreak not prbreak, right?
prebreak never worked for me, somehow I managed to get it work with prbreak, but all I did was edit, save changes, edit, save changes and I did not really do any changes. This is definitely not working for me as it should :confused:

Randomly just got this error when I refreshed.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home3/vicron/public_html/minecraftian.net/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/vicron/public_html/minecraftian.net/index.php at line 13

Just checking, you know it's prebreak not prbreak, right?
prebreak never worked for me, somehow I managed to get it work with prbreak, but all I did was edit, save changes, edit, save changes and I did not really do any changes. This is definitely not working for me as it should :confused:
Both prbreak and prebreak will work, you can use either (just tested this).

The guide uses prebreak in the title about these tags and uses prbreak in the examples.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.28303/#post-351367

Do you use it? Is it working for you without any issues?
No I don't use it but I tested it and it does work.

For what you are wanting, which is to have the first part of an article on the portal and the rest not showing there, you should have something like this:

Code:
Article text that will show on the portal goes here.
[prbreak][/prbreak]
The rest of the article text that won't show on the portal goes here.

No I don't use it but I tested it and it does work.

For what you are wanting, which is to have the first part of an article on the portal and the rest not showing there, you should have something like this:

Code:
Article text that will show on the portal goes here.
[prbreak][/prbreak]
The rest of the article text that won't show on the portal goes here.
That is how I try to use it, unfortunately with very little luck. It works very randomly, actually it only works for me like once from ten attempts and I don't know why is that.

A few questions:
  • I can't seem to find the XML block for RecentSlider in the newest version, could someone post it/link it to me?
  • I can't for the life of me get a layout to work on the forums node list page. I seem to only be able to get custom layouts to work on individual forums.

Top Bottom