[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Anybody that uses the Recent Features knows how to remove that BBCODE tags from the slideshow description? The main demo site of xenporta seems to did this, i wonder if some code for this is hidden in this huge thread.

How can I get my Recent News block to cover the full width of the page not just the top left like this?

cb9344af6f53db31c7c7742ec07cde5e.png

e32a73f7de006d80c58fb13cb30d34c5.png

top-right, don't add nothing to the left to get it full sized.

Thanks for the fast reply, fixed my problem :) However I know have another problem, when I add post in a section that is set to show up in recent news the whole recent news disappears and takes a few minutes to reappear.

Edit: I have to go into the Recent News block settings press save changes and they all reappear

526e26cb3a52840726e1b2e1c72039f5.png

1cf22ff28e6d513e9ff95676ea23d7b8.png

Heya. I know this is possible but i can't find what code to change.

How to force it by default, show the User AVATAR in the Article list, instead of one post image? There must be there some code that defines this that can be changed to let it grab avatar.

Anyone know or did this already? Any help or hint where to look would be awesome. ^^

Hi guys, I have a weird problem with this amazing addon, whenever I try to ,delete promoation, of a certain thread I get this error message and the topic is still promoted on the portal...Any ideas what may be causing this... :(

Server Error
Cannot delete data without a condition

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_delete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1737
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php at line 94
  3. EWRporta_Model_Promotes->updatePromotion() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 96
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionPromote() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home4/anytopix/public_html/index.php at line 13

For me one add-on creator is free to support it or not if it states that we agree with the modder terms when using the mod. Xenforo must just implement something to let us know when mods are non-working, abandoned, incompatible with X version, etc...

The modders can't simply do what already happened in this forum, some buyed one add-on, installed it, didn't work in the newest version of Xenforo when there wasn't any info about version support in the pages, that same person asked for SUPPORT, the modder REFUSED, the same person asked for REFUND, the modder REFUSED. For me modders be allowed to do that, is allow a scam.
(non-referring to this mod or something of this author, what makes us off-topic in here)

If it is a mod that was released before 1.2 and it sold at least a few copies it won't be hard to go to the thread and ask if it works. If the dev doesn't answer I'm sure one of the members that is using the mod will be in there saying something about it.

I think that is a lot of extra work for the xenForo team. Best bet is to not buy any mods close to the release of 1.2 and wait to see if it is still working after the release. If it is free you can disable it before upgrading and wait for it to be updated.

If someone refuses to update a mod and also refuses to put in a note saying that it doesn't work then something being done about that would be nice.

Always do research before buying. I have do some research on free ones and didn't end up using them because of the reviews and/or issues some admins had.

James

@Flexin the only thing needed for 1.2 update in resources is simply that, implement something to inform users that X mod is non-compatible, some of the most downloaded mods around are from authors already gone away and won't update them. Some scripts as Wordpress did implement votes, people who download vote if it is compatible with the most recent version. It can be something tricky to add but with the ton of ad-dons already around that's needed.

All of a sudden, without modifying anything the Facebook Block for my forums is not obeying the iframe settings of 240px width but yet is expanding to the 292px plugin width. Here is a screen shot. Does anyone know how to fix this or what would cause this?

facebookblock.webp

**EDIT**
I have attached where the issue resides. I do not know, however, where to find this coding to change it.
iframespan.webp

Last edited:
I would like to show an Adsense Advertise after the First Xenporta "Recent News" Block.
But i cant get it working. Maybe anybody has an Idea how this could work?!

XenPorta actually has an Adsense block you can install:

library/EWRporta/XML_Addons/AdSense.xml

The general process with XenPorta is to make sure the block is installed and configured:

Admin CP -> Home -> Blocks

And then make sure it's placed in your layout:

Admin CP -> Home -> Layouts

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 8 in /home/hittingsmoke/webapps/sin/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentFeatures.php at line 22
EWRporta_Block_RecentFeatures->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 536
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hittingsmoke/webapps/sin/index.php at line 13

I'm getting this error whenever I have the RecentFeatures block showing. Isn't RecentFeatures supposed to be the block working in the new version?

EDIT: This happens with RecentNews as well:

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/hittingsmoke/webapps/sin/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 536
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hittingsmoke/webapps/sin/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Guys, does anybody have the slightest idea what may be the problem because I cannot delete the promotion of any thread, once it's there, it's stuck and I get this error mssg that I wrote few posts above...:(:( I can't use this addon that way :(

Guys, does anybody have the slightest idea what may be the problem because I cannot delete the promotion of any thread, once it's there, it's stuck and I get this error mssg that I wrote few posts above...:(:( I can't use this addon that way :(

The problem seems to be the $db->query line of code listed below:

PHP:
        if ($input['delete'])
        {
            $dw->delete();
            $db->query("DELETE FROM EWRporta_catlinks WHERE thread_id = ?", $input['thread_id']);

$this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta_Model_Caches')->emptyBlockCache(array('block_id'=>'RecentFeatures'));
            $this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta_Model_Caches')->emptyBlockCache(array('block_id'=>'RecentNews'));
        }

This is from /library/EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php

Not being a coder, I don't know what the problem with the $db->query line is. Anyone got any ideas?

The previous version of XenPorta didn't have this line of code in. What it had was simply:

PHP:
if ($input['delete'])
        {
            $dw->delete();

}

Anyone with idea on how to replace the Xenporta Index controller with the new option in XF 1.2.0?
I have the site on root and use Xenporta to set the forum part at /forum

After updating to 1.2.0, clicking on the /forum/ tab will just go to portal home

Anyone with idea on how to replace the Xenporta Index controller with the new option in XF 1.2.0?
I have the site on root and use Xenporta to set the forum part at /forum

After updating to 1.2.0, clicking on the /forum/ tab will just go to portal home
Turn off the Index Controller option, then go to Options > Basic Board Information and change Index Page Route to portal/ :)

Also, I have a bug to report: when creating a new thread anywhere, this error is produced:

Code:
Declaration of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion::_discussionPostSave()
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 897
XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 421
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2007
XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 572
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/------/public_html/beta/index.php at line 13

Thank you.
Did that and the forum tab goes to /forums/ instead of /forum/
Where do I set it?
The route prefix for the forum is forums/ by default - it just gets reassigned with the option you changed by default.. You can probably use a route filter to change forums/ to forum/, but I don't know if that'd conflict with any existing prefixes - you'll have to try it.

Top Bottom