[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Are these 2 queries run on manually promoted (or non-promoted) threads?

Or is this only tied to auto-promotions?

Are these 2 queries run on manually promoted (or non-promoted) threads?

Or is this only tied to auto-promotions?
The reason for their removal was that these two queries fired on every thread view, regardless of promotion status. :)

XenPorta has its own Recent Threads block at:

library/EWRporta/XML/RecentThreads.xml

It can be installed if you don't have it already:

Admin CP -> Home -> Blocks

I have never tried adding blocks from the Widget Framework to XenPorta.

Are there two threads supposed to display in the widget but not accessible to guests? That could be why they're not appearing.

Yeah, but shouldn't it just skip over those threads and show others that are accessible the the general public?
At least that's how things worked with vBAdvanced...

The reason for their removal was that these two queries fired on every thread view, regardless of promotion status. :)

Well I'm a little confused...

This update changes the way the "RecentNews" block works. In order to improve performance across your entire forum, the "auto-promote" feature from defined forums has been removed... instead, only manually promoted threads will appear in the article lists. Getting rid of this feature may add a small amount of work (2 clicks) to promote a thread to an article, but it also saves TWO queries for EVERY thread view.

This led me to believe that if you only manually promoted threads that the 2 queries would not be run on that version. Since we don't use auto-promote (or do we?), I'd like to save these 2 queries if they can be saved on non-promoted threads AND manually-approved threads?

I have 3 forums I pull news from, was this what he was referring to with auto-promote? In which case I guess we do auto-promote? I know there are a few things that happen on the site that are NOT in those 3 news forums shown on our portal that we manually promote, I guess I'm misunderstanding a bit.

I see now that he said "from defined forums", I guess we do specify 3 forums to pull from. Are only those 3 forums having 2 additional queries, or is this site wide? There must be a better way to handle that.

Had a rough night sleep, sorry if I'm not translating this very well...

Yes I was wondering which add on in xenporta the updates like thing was on like it is here http://medievalpvp.net/community like how they make updates or whatever and it post to the home page and can anyone link me to a updated version of Flexile cause it seems to be out dated and can't find a updated version thank you.

When attempting to ugrade XenPorta from 1.5.6, I keep getting "The provided file is not a block XML file."
Unsure what is causing it. I tried 1.5.8a, 1.5.8 and 1.5.7 all giving me the same error.

When attempting to ugrade XenPorta from 1.5.6, I keep getting "The provided file is not a block XML file."
Unsure what is causing it. I tried 1.5.8a, 1.5.8 and 1.5.7 all giving me the same error.
Do you mean upgrade the whole of XenPorta or upgrade one of the XenPorta blocks?

If upgrading XenPorta then you should be upgrading it using the addon-EWRporta.xml file in library > EWRporta.
If upgrading a block then you should be using the .xml files found in library > EWRporta > XML (for the standard blocks) or library > EWRporta > block > XML (for the additional blocks.

Do you mean upgrade the whole of XenPorta or upgrade one of the XenPorta blocks?

If upgrading XenPorta then you should be upgrading it using the addon-EWRporta.xml file in library > EWRporta.
If upgrading a block then you should be using the .xml files found in library > EWRporta > XML (for the standard blocks) or library > EWRporta > block > XML (for the additional blocks.

I am attempting to upgrade entire XenPorta using addon-EWRporta.xml located in library/EWRporta.
The error I posted is what I get after attempting to upgrade.

I am attempting to upgrade entire XenPorta using addon-EWRporta.xml located in library/EWRporta.
The error I posted is what I get after attempting to upgrade.
Are you currently using any of the blocks that have been removed in the current update? See this for details.

How can I change the title/headline of a block in xenporta? For example, "Forum Statistics" to "DiscussHockey statistics"?

Thanks!
Aboujouj

No matter how hard I try, I can't get the RecentAccordion to work. The posts with image attachment named slide.jpg appear fine in RecentFeatures block. But nothing really appears inside the RecentAccordion. I've disabled caching & trying to get it to work.

Would appreciate pointers.

PS: Please quote this post when you reply; thanks :)

Top Bottom