[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Wonderful, I see it now but the recentFeatures are showing from 10+ months ago... not sure how to force that to update, any thoughts anyone?
Have you attached a slide.jpg file to threads showing in RecentNews?

Edit: Just checked your site and it seems to be working fine.

Hey XenForo Community ;-),

i got a little problem configuring this. I've installed XenPorta and it works pretty well. But if i want to set the portal as the default page so that you get to the portal when you enter "example.com" in your browser i check the "Set as Index Controler" option.

If i do this and click on the Forum after this, i get an "Error - Page does not exist". Also the URL changes to "example.com/index.php?" when i click on the Forum button. If i try "example.com/index.php?forum/" it also gives the error.

So: I can't get to my Forum when i wan't XenPorta to be the Homepage.

What to do and how to fix this?

Thank you!

Vasaken

i got a little problem configuring this. I've installed XenPorta and it works pretty well. But if i want to set the portal as the default page so that you get to the portal when you enter "example.com" in your browser i check the "Set as Index Controler" option.

If i do this and click on the Forum after this, i get an "Error - Page does not exist". Also the URL changes to "example.com/index.php?" when i click on the Forum button. If i try "example.com/index.php?forum/" it also gives the error.

So: I can't get to my Forum when i wan't XenPorta to be the Homepage.

What to do and how to fix this?

Thank you!

Vasaken
See http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-81#post-486173

Salud2

check "Set as Index Controller" and put Forum Index Route = forum ... then you should have your forum at example.com/forum/

Is anyone having issues with their layouts, mine just wont seem to take any affect?

I have simply selected my layout type as forum-## and leave the ID blank so that it would take affect across the entire forums. Well, I set up my blocks and hit save changes and nothing happens. I have been checking options and the web for answers as to why nothing seems to be working, but have yet to find anything related. It seems that only making changes to the -portal layout has any affect on anything.

Is there any way to create a new position for portal layouts that spans the entire width of the page (preferably at the top?). I used Jaxel's site as an example diagram, just because I can't find a way to explain this in words that makes sense. :)

View attachment 40633

This way, something like a slider could go across the entire page, while still having sub-columns. Kind of like the colspan attribute in tables.
Any help on this?

Hi all, I am trying to set up a seperate layout for a "news" page. I've done some reading and it seems you can do this by leaving the layout type set to nothing, and then just input "news" into the ID box. However in doing this, I cannot actually access the page. I have tried both www.hackslashrepeat.com/index.php?portal/news/ and www.hackslashrepeat.com/portal/news/index. Neither work!

Any suggestions?

Also, a stupid question but what exactly is an "article"? What are "articles"?
Third bump, please help :(

Quick Question: The breadcrumbs don't work when we're browsing categories, right? I've created a category called 'TestCategory' and when I'm browsing articles that are labeled 'TestCategory', the breadcrumb continues to show 'Home', It should be : Home -> Articles -> TestCategory ->

Article is your individual thread modified to look as article (first post) with comments (replies). While 'articles' is for the articles for any specific category. It's bit confusing in the beginning.

1. ACP >Home> Blocks >Installed Blocks
Make sure you have installed RecentNews block

2. ACP >Home> Blocks > RecentNews
Select the News Source Forum(s) and configure the block

3. ACP Home > Options > [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Globalized Custom Layouts
Tick Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

4. ACP Home > Layouts >Layout: PORTAL

Drop RecentNews block in "Position: Mid-Right"

Go to your Home page and make sure that RecentNews block working as you want. Your articles has now an article layout.

5. ACP Home > Categories + Create New Category

Create New Category sport and news (this is an example only)

6. Go back to your article and at the bottom of the article is "Categories: Uncategorized" Click "Edit" and add articles to one of just created category "news" or "sport".

Go to yourdomain.com/articles/sport/ or yourdomain.com/articles/news/ to access the pages.

7. ACP Home > Layouts + Install Layout
Customized Layouts

Select Layout "articles" and id news.
Save it and you will be redirected to ACP Home> Layouts> Layout: ARTICLES-NEWS

Customize the layout whatever you like for news.

Access link: yourdomain.com/articles/news/

8. Same as 7 just use the id "sport".

Customize the layout whatever you like for sport.

Access link: yourdomain.com/articles/sport/

Greetings,

Regarding RecentFeature block, what is the maximum Slide which can be displayed
I used to have 5 slides with deprecated RecentSlide
After setting up RecentFeatured, i only have 3 left despite the presence of Slide.jpg in the two missing thread...
I thought about a cache issue.

Thank you

Greetings,

Regarding RecentFeature block, what is the maximum Slide which can be displayed
I used to have 5 slides with deprecated RecentSlide
After setting up RecentFeatured, i only have 3 left despite the presence of Slide.jpg in the two missing thread...
I thought about a cache issue.

Thank you
ACP > XenPorta > Blocks > RecentFeatures

Change Slide Limit to 5 (or whatever you'd like to be). I don't know if there's a maximum but if you look at Jaxel's site he's rocking 7.

Thank you Mistypants.
This was a cache issue :)

Another board effect:
I lost Animated Cloud Tag in XenMedio.
Despite "Enable Animation Cloud" is ticked, system displays a static tag cloud.

The breadcrumbs don't work when we're browsing categories, right?

The breadcrumbs does work (as designed)

Home > Forums > Your forum

Create a new forum "TestCategory" and use it as a news source forum for articles category "TestCategory" only.

Breadcrumbs: Home > Forums > TestCategory

Create another new forum "TestCategoryTwo" and use it as a news source forum for articles category "TestCategoryTwo" only.

Breadcrumbs: Home > Forums > TestCategoryTwo

http://8wayrun.com/calibur/forums/news-announcements.78/

The breadcrumbs does work (as designed)

Home > Forums > Your forum

Create a new forum "TestCategory" and use it as a news source forum for articles category "TestCategory" only.

Breadcrumbs: Home > Forums > TestCategory

Create another new forum "TestCategoryTwo" and use it as a news source forum for articles category "TestCategoryTwo" only.

Breadcrumbs: Home > Forums > TestCategoryTwo

http://8wayrun.com/calibur/forums/news-announcements.78/
Hi,

If I'm on 'forum' then the breadcrumbs do work. However if I'm browsing articles in a category, the breadcrumb doesn't.

Create a 'category' in 'Xenporta' and assign a few articles to it from the destination forum. Now browse the category: domain.com/articles/TestCategory/ -> The breadcrumb still stays on 'Home'.

Yes, that is correct. In that situation you are still at "Home" or "Portal" page.

Articles are just displayed on the Portal or Home page, depending on the recent block settings and you can't browse the category unless you navigate to the articles locations in the forum. Pagination link doesn't work for /articles/ or /articles/category/, pagination pass a page number only variable so next click you are at Home, not in the home/articles/category/?page=x

Of course, I could be completely wrong and might be overseeing something important.

Top Bottom