[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
For those experiencing the

provided_file_is_not_a_block_xml_file

error, it most likely is due to files from an older installation being left on your server. Simply delete the old XenPorta folder iun /library, and then extract the new one from the current zip-file.

I would like to change the page title of the xenporta page to something different than the boardTitle.. been looking around but can't find where its calling it.

Hello would anyone mind helping me setup my RecentSlider? For some reason with slide.jpg attached and in post, with permissions set and cache refreshed... all I see are black fields...

Take a look:
Slider.webp

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT:
Didn't realize the addon had a guide and that the slider only grabs from selected forums that were selected for RecentNews module.

If someone could tell me where/how I need to place my AdSense codes on my portal so that they appear exactly the same as the header/footer ads at 8WayRun.com (centered - top and bottom), I'd really appreciate it.

I had it set up fine before however an upgrade to 1.1.3 has caused me to lose a lot of what I had done. From memory the codes need to go into the PAGE_CONTAINER template and also, from memory, the footer AdSense code needed some additional code to make it look right (margin or padding, I think).

The site is www.HackSlashRepeat.com if you need it :)

Tried searching for but couldn't find the answer, how do I change the size of the topic titles on the portal page?

Edit: Figured it out.

If someone could tell me where/how I need to place my AdSense codes on my portal so that they appear exactly the same as the header/footer ads at 8WayRun.com (centered - top and bottom), I'd really appreciate it.

I had it set up fine before however an upgrade to 1.1.3 has caused me to lose a lot of what I had done. From memory the codes need to go into the PAGE_CONTAINER template and also, from memory, the footer AdSense code needed some additional code to make it look right (margin or padding, I think).

The site is www.HackSlashRepeat.com if you need it :)

Greg, For webmaster.cm I added the adsense code here:
header area: ad_above_top_breadcrumb
footer area: ad_below_content

Thanks, but it's pushing everything out of whack. Last time I added both to PAGE_CONTAINER.

If you're trying to squeeze a 728x90 in there.. you can change:
Appearance > Styles > 'Style name' > Style Property Groups > General > Page Width Controller
to something wider.. (mine is at 1100)

Then you can also change sidebar width:
Appearance > Styles > 'style name' > Style Property Groups > Sidebar > Sidebar (width is towards bottom).
(mine is at 300)

I have mine set up to show 728x90 at top and bottom, next to sidebar.. and to show 300x250 banner within the sidebar (seem to get better ads than the 250x banners).

If you're trying to squeeze a 728x90 in there.. you can change:
Appearance > Styles > 'Style name' > Style Property Groups > General > Page Width Controller
to something wider.. (mine is at 1100)

Then you can also change sidebar width:
Appearance > Styles > 'style name' > Style Property Groups > Sidebar > Sidebar (width is towards bottom).
(mine is at 300)

I have mine set up to show 728x90 at top and bottom, next to sidebar.. and to show 300x250 banner within the sidebar (seem to get better ads than the 250x banners).
I don't really want to increase the width of the page at all.

Quick question, how do I change the number of new "recent news" articles displayed on the portal? the current limit is 5.

After doing the above, I get the following errors. (edit: this only seems to be coming from the "recent news" block, once this is disabled, no errors are displayed)

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = 'v' at line 11 in /home/*******/public_html/***************/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 32
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/****************/index.php at line 13

Okay, this seems to be a problem between this mod and Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo.

After doing the above, I get the following errors. (edit: this only seems to be coming from the "recent news" block, once this is disabled, no errors are displayed)

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = 'v' at line 11 in /home/*******/public_html/***************/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 32
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/****************/index.php at line 13

Okay, this seems to be a problem between this mod and Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo.

I wouldn't be so sure about that being connected to the Thread Thumbnails addon. I'm getting exactly the same error on a new site I'm working on, and don't have the Thread Thumbnails installed. The error does go away when I disable the recent news block, though, same as you're reporting.

Top Bottom