[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Your index page is blank. Add some blocks to your portal layout.

Oops. It wasn't that, but seems to be a caching issue as it shows up fine on my other computer. On my main computer the portal doesn't even show up, but I'll clear the cache and imagine that will fix it. Thanks.

The Portal seems to be working fine on the front end but it is periodically throwing up an error in the server logs – always the same page. Does anyone have any clues what it might be? I have the Portal setup as the Index Controller in Options, and I have defined custom layouts for article, articles, index, forum and portal.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:14

I've been searching for over an hour, but I can't seem to find out how to have the news block span the left and right blocks? I can't seem to find out how to edit the portal layout? Basically, I just want a main section and a sidebar, not three columns (the default portal layout). Hope you can help. Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out. Just put the content in the right and leave the left blank. This isn't self-explanatory and should be mentioned in the guide. If it is, I didn't see it.

If you mean the Recent_News block then just ensure it is placed in any of the Right positions on the portal layout. Mine for example is place in the Mid-Right position and it automatically spans both left and right positions leaving you the standard sidebar position free for further blocks.

In order to edit the portal layout go into ACP > Home > XenPorta >Layouts > Portal

Just wondering if the sticky function works ? Do i need to setup something different. i tried to promote a post on the portal to sticky yet it did not stay sticky. I just wondering if this feature works correctly or was it just me.
Ok here goes ;)
A stickied thread won't stick in the Recent Threads portal block.
It will stick in the default XenForo fashion, at the top of that forum's thread list.

I got the idea from thread below and my forum kinda wanted this and not a slideshow with more than one post in it.

hahhah Well i have modified the two modules to now work. I have recent news 1 and 2 . Module 1 pulls all threads except sticky and module 2 pulls only sticky. Now Module two when you click sticky it stays at the top and only accepts one sticky post on the homepage. All i had to do was adjust the sql queries. Also this is for 1.5.2 version of xenporta. I can post the modules if someone needs them.

Now the sticky option behaves on the portal too. I just have one post being able to stick on the portal. Also duplicate post will not show up in the other module.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sticky-portal-feature.20243/

So, about an hour or so ago, when I went to access my home page, I received the following error:

An exception occurred: Undefined index: limit in /home/*username*/public_html/library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php on line 7
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 7
  2. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews2->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 112
  3. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 67
  4. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  5. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  7. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*username*/public_html/index.php at line 13
The only thing that had been done prior to this error was that I posted a blog post to Twitter.

I cannot use the RecentNews block on my XenPorta main page without the home page producing only the above error (with nothing else on it).

Can anyone help me out with what happened?

Just wondering if the sticky function works ? Do i need to setup something different. i tried to promote a post on the portal to sticky yet it did not stay sticky. I just wondering if this feature works correctly or was it just me.
Option for the sticky function has been added in the next version... coming soon.

Im playing around with the framework. I use the recentmedia block to show recent media added to XenMedio. It looks really nice and can be seen up the top @ mmazone.com.au

I want to add the same for my forum index but the thumbnails are huge. I countered this problem with the following code for the portal. I was hoping someone knew what code I can use to do the same on the XenPorta framework enabled forum index? Cheers

Code:
.EWRporta_Portal .mediaSmall li { width: 20% !important; }

Top Bottom