[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I think I've found a small bug in the latest status updates block. It doesn't respect the word censor.

If someone uses a banned word in their status, it's ****'d or whatever on their profile page, etc but the xenporta block shows the word in full.

Edit Template: EWRblock_StatusUpdates

Find:

Code:
<span class="userTitle">{$update.message} (<xen:datetime time="$update.post_date" />)</span>

and replace with:

Code:
<span class="userTitle">{xen:string censor,$update.message} (<xen:datetime time="$update.post_date" />)</span>

Hey guys,

We'd really like to be able to list the categories of a news post within the Recent News block.

We tried adding the code from the ArticleView template into the Recent News template, and for every news post it lists the category as Uncategorized. Any suggestions on how to implement this?

What this kind of extends to is being able to have a drop down list or something similar which will allow a visitor to filter the news down to a certain category.

I have read the guide and did a search, but cannot find the answer. How do I make a forum post look like an article?

Is there any Customized layouts already in place that we can download? Or community ones?

Same with any extra Community Blocks?

I want the prefix to be displayed in the recent news block. i have seen it done here http://miuiandroid.com/community/

Does anyone know how they did it.?

I found this in the thread_list template if thats any help.

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$forum.prefixCache}">

<div class="controlGroup">

<label for="ctrl_prefix_id">{xen:phrase prefix}:</label>

<select name="prefix_id" id="ctrl_prefix_id" class="textCtrl">

<option value="0" {xen:selected '!{$displayConditions.prefix_id}'}>({xen:phrase any})</option>

<xen:foreach loop="$forum.prefixCache" key="$prefixGroupId" value="$prefixes">

<xen:if is="{$prefixGroupId}">

<optgroup label="{xen:helper threadPrefixGroup, $prefixGroupId}">

<xen:foreach loop="$prefixes" value="$prefixId">

<option value="{$prefixId}" {xen:selected '{$displayConditions.prefix_id} == {$prefixId}'}>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefixId, escaped, ''}</option>

</xen:foreach>

</optgroup>

<xen:else />

<xen:foreach loop="$prefixes" value="$prefixId">

<option value="{$prefixId}" {xen:selected '{$displayConditions.prefix_id} == {$prefixId}'}>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefixId, escaped, ''}</option>

</xen:if>

</select>

</div>

</xen:if>

I dont know php coding so i cant implement this myself into the RecentNews.php file found in this directory /public_html/library/EWRporta/Block i can toy with the files and make minor changes but not that clued up to make additions like this.
So if someone knows can you please make this happen.

Thanks in advanced

Can someone please let me know if anything needs to be done specifically with XenPorta for Google Analytics to work as it should? I have set my Google Analytics Web Property ID under the Statistics and Metrics options section however I am not sure if any modifications need to be done to the portal itself?

EDIT: Also, the "Latest Member" block does not actually show the latest member. Can anyone tell me why? I think it may have something to do with my phpBB conversion...

I can't seem to find which variable controls the title. Any chance you could tell me? Thanks.

Go to your templates, then recentNews.css. You need to know basic CSS to understand how to do it, but it isn't hard. Look for title, then font-size. Experiment until you get the results you want.

I made it that far and I was looking for something relating to the title, I even tried changing a few of the size controls. They changed everything but the title font size. There is no 'title' in there.

I made it that far and I was looking for something relating to the title, I even tried changing a few of the size controls. They changed everything but the title font size. There is no 'title' in there.
I haven't looked, but if I remember correctly, it's "newsTitle".

If your using Chrome browser, mouse over the title and select "inspect element", then you'll see what class is used.

In addition to the donation issue .

I attempted installing the HTMLBlock.xml add-on. I get the following error.
"The provided file is not an add-on XML file."

Unmodified XML from that module

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block block_id="HtmlBlock" title="Html Block" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_HtmlBlock"><![CDATA[<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="HtmlBlock">
        <h3>Homer Simpson Quotes</h3>
        <div>
          <p>Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!<br /> Homer</p>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

In addition to the donation issue .

I attempted installing the HTMLBlock.xml add-on. I get the following error.
"The provided file is not an add-on XML file."

Unmodified XML from that module

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block block_id="HtmlBlock" title="Html Block" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_HtmlBlock"><![CDATA[<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="HtmlBlock">
        <h3>Homer Simpson Quotes</h3>
        <div>
          <p>Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!<br /> Homer</p>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>
That .xml is not meant to be installed as an add-on.

It is to be imported as a XenPorta block.

Actually i just figure it out and modify it to what i wanted for the donation issue. Paypal now does not redirect but has to return to forum name here click the button. It is not ideal but does not produce 404 error. I rather have them click a button and goes to my forum homepage.

I went into the ewrblock_donations and found this line

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}{xen:link portal/thanks}" />

I changed it to below.

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />

Actually i just figure it out and modify it to what i wanted for the donation issue. Paypal now does not redirect but has to return to forum name here click the button. It is not ideal but does not produce 404 error. I rather have them click a button and goes to my forum homepage.

I went into the ewrblock_donations and found this line

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}{xen:link portal/thanks}" />

I changed it to below.

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />

EDIT : This actually did work for me.

Thanks mmoore5553

odd as that does not happen for me. you can just have <input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}{xen:link portal}" /> that should work also .

Top Bottom