[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Is it possible to change the default location of the forum to 'forums' instead of 'forum', or is this not possible due to the xenforo url structure.

Is it possible to change the default location of the forum to 'forums' instead of 'forum', or is this not possible due to the xenforo url structure.
No, its not possible. Forums is already taken by... FORUMS. What you want to do is change INDEX to forums.... but that would put two items at the same route... which doesn't work. This mod creates a PORTAL route, and if you enable the option for it, it changes INDEX to FORUM, and PORTAL to INDEX... it does not affect FORUMS.

No, its not possible. Forums is already taken by... FORUMS. What you want to do is change INDEX to forums.... but that would put two items at the same route... which doesn't work. This mod creates a PORTAL route, and if you enable the option for it, it changes INDEX to FORUM, and PORTAL to INDEX... it does not affect FORUMS.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought that was the reason but wasn't 100% sure :)

Request for Assistance...

I have been with Porta since it's inception and I am struggling to figure out one of the newer features. I have read the various tips and guides and I think I am still missing something.

The customized Category/Articles/Forums...

Here is the senario. I have created a "master" Xenforo Category Node called "Tools".
Within Tools I have several other sub-categories (i.e. Maps).
Within these sub-categories I have various pages...

TOOLS > MAPS > DISTANCE
The Page ID for Distance is 134.
The Node ID for Maps is 133
The Node ID for Tools is 130
The URL is http://website/pages/distance

What would be the proper configuration within Porta Options to enable customized layouts?
I have tried every combination available to no avail....

Second Question...

In terms of the section label "Articles/Categories"...
Exactly how does one configure an "Article" Forum? Is that by creating a Porta Category call "Articles"?

thank you all for any assistance you can provide.

Jaxel, could you please look into a possible issue with the global RSS feed.

This has been reported earlier as well, here and here.

I have tested this on my site and indeed, upon unchecking "Forum (forum-# > forum)" in the add-on options, the RSS feed displays correctly.

Otherwise, it shows the following:

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <errors><error>The requested page is unrepresentable as RSS.</error></errors>

Checking the XenForo Error Log shows:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php:14
Generated By: Saeed, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'D:\webspace\res...', 14, Array)
#1 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#2 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://site.name/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

There is some serious lack of documentation when it comes to categories and how to implement them. I say that because many people in this thread are confused about them, including myself and I also gave up. Does anyone who really understands them and their use want to explain them a little?

There is some serious lack of documentation when it comes to categories and how to implement them. I say that because many people in this thread are confused about them, including myself and I also gave up. Does anyone who really understands them and their use want to explain them a little?
I agree... Based on my reading the "categories" as discussed here refer to Portal's Categories... I don't think this mod support's Xenforo Categories nor Pages - I could be wrong however.
So reverting to Portal Categories, I read something that if you implement them, a menu will become available users could "categorize" threads and/or posts.

I haven't tried using the Portal Categorizes yet some I'm not exactly certain.

This doesn't make sense to me:
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

Where does Article come from?
Does "Categories" have anything to do with Xenforo Categories?

Is this mod compatible with Xenforo "Pages" Nodes or "Categories" Nodes?

I'm using recent slider. I have promoted a thread, but when I delete the promotion, it still displays on the recent slider list? Is there a bug or something?

Quoting this post:

After upgrading / installing XenPorta 1.5.2, you have a new submenu-item in the ACP -> Home (menu XenPorta) called 'categories'. There you should create first a test category.
Once created, go to the ACP -> Home -> XenPorta -> Options menu and check the option (Globalized Custom Layouts):
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

After that, go to the Portal Index and click on a recent news item. you should notice, that the view of the thread / article has changed. Go to the bottom of the message.
There you should see: "Categories: Uncategorized".
To the right, you have the option "edit". There you can assign the categories that you predefined in the ACP.

Should we release custom XenPorta Blocks as own resources or here?

Follow the steps as outlined...
Few missing pieces however are:
After the above, also create a new layout called Article - Not Articles - Article. Leave the ID blank.
(This will become the format of your "articles" pages later)

Now...
You must enable the RecentNews Block by placing it on the site and then selecting a Forum as an (Articles) forum.
(It think you could also achieve this by leaving it unspecified - but promoting a post or two)

Once that is done, posts inside the set forum or promoted will show in the "Article" format on the page you placed the RecentNews block.
Clicking on one of those "Articles" will now show them in the layout you setup earlier...

At the bottom of this page is the Edit Category as describe above.

I have unchecked the cache option from recentnews and recentsliders
Empty the cache by clicking on the red cross on the right side of the block (under Blocks in the Admin Control Panel). That would instantaneously empty the cache.

Unchecking the cache option would only prevent future caching.

Is Xenporta supposed to be using the board description for our meta description? Mine isn't, but when I look at the EWRporta_Portal template, i see this:

<meta name="description" content="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}" />

I have filled out the board description in my Xenforo basic settings. However, when I view the source of my xenporta homepage I do not see any meta description.

Top Bottom