[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hey guys I was rearranging the 'EWRblock_RecentNews' block when I encountered a slight problem. The slide.jpg image is cropped to a tiny size when displayed on the portal page. I am desperately trying to figure out a way to display the attached slider.jpg image in full size (670x100). Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd realy appreciate it 'n thx.

RecentNews Block caching.

Ok, from what I understand, if a news post is created, the cache is rebuilt to force the showing of the news item as soon as it is posted.

If a news post is deleted, the cache is rebuilt and the news item disappears.

Frustratingly, if a news post is edited the cache is not rebuilt. This leaves us with no option but to decrease the cache time, or to turn the cache off and back on again before the cache is rebuilt and the edits are seen on the Portal page.

Any way to fix this?

Hey guys I was rearranging the 'EWRblock_RecentNews' block when I encountered a slight problem. The slide.jpg image is cropped to a tiny size when displayed on the portal page. I am desperately trying to figure out a way to display the attached slider.jpg image in full size (670x100). Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd realy appreciate it 'n thx.

If you mean in the recentnews block, it's cropped to your thumbnail size. I increased mine slightly to make it bigger but I don't think that'll work for you and you might need to delve into the code to get what you want.

RecentNews Block caching.

Ok, from what I understand, if a news post is created, the cache is rebuilt to force the showing of the news item as soon as it is posted.

If a news post is deleted, the cache is rebuilt and the news item disappears.

Frustratingly, if a news post is edited the cache is not rebuilt. This leaves us with no option but to decrease the cache time, or to turn the cache off and back on again before the cache is rebuilt and the edits are seen on the Portal page.

Any way to fix this?
Because POSTS != THREADS. When you edit a post, you are not actually editing the THREAD, however, when you create a new first post, or delete the first post of a thread, you are editing the THREAD, which is why the cache is rebuilt. There are several quick fixes to force a refresh cache on the recent news block...

1 - you can simply click SAVE on the RecentNews block settings (you don't have to actually turn the cache on/off; just saving the settings forces a refresh

2 - even easier... you can simply edit the thread TITLE, and it will force a cache refresh.

Is it possible to designate different route name for the forum part instead of /forum?
I'm sure some people prefer to use /community instead. Has this been done before?

Many thanks for the great addon.

How do I make it pull from a forum and have a normal sidebar?

I haven't found the settings to do this.

Is it possible to designate different route name for the forum part instead of /forum?
I'm sure some people prefer to use /community instead. Has this been done before?

Many thanks for the great addon.
You will want to download @Jake Bunce's Route Changer. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/route-changer.447/

This can initially cause problems with XenPorta because XenPorta has some options for changing routes. All you do in that case though is disable any Route Changing through XenPorta and do it all through the Route Changer instead.

But putting all that aside for a second, in theory doing what you've said is as easy as typing "forum" for the old route and "community" for the new route. Works perfectly.

Send me a message if you need any help setting it up.

What about custom portal pages based on layout ?

I had a custom additional portal page at /portal/custom/index and since upgrading I can't find them. Any idea ? Is this fonctionality removed ?

I came in here to ask the same thing. It seems something's changed with additional portal pages as I when I try to add a new one it no longer displays at index.php?portal/custom/ like it used to.

Jaxel?

This too.

Jaxel, could you please look into a possible issue with the global RSS feed.

This has been reported earlier as well, here and here.

I have tested this on my site and indeed, upon unchecking "Forum (forum-# > forum)" in the add-on options, the RSS feed displays correctly.

Otherwise, it shows the following:

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <errors><error>The requested page is unrepresentable as RSS.</error></errors>

Checking the XenForo Error Log shows:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php:14
Generated By: Saeed, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'D:\webspace\res...', 14, Array)
#1 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#2 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 D:\webspace\resadmin\site.name\www\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://site.name/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Yep that works, thanks :-)

I'm not sure what "articles" is meant to be or how it's different to "article" but it works for adding a second portal page which is what we needed.

alright guys, i've been pouring over hours of documentation and google searches and I can't figure out these two items:

a) Thread Promotion - Where's that button?
b) How do you edit categories? I keep getting a permissions error and I can not find permission settings for it.

Edit: nm. found both -.-

a) Thread Promotion - Where's that button?

That's in the Thread view.. The Button exist where you find "Post New Thread" button in forum view

Top Bottom