[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
wa0vg3.png

Check it out! XenPorta User Guide and FAQs by Saeed.

XenPorta is simply the best and most popular Xenforo Addon available today.
Where would Xenforo be without it ! I shudder to think.
Great work Jaxel.

I've managed to get the recent news to display on the portal page, but I would like it on my XF forum home page to display above the list of forums. It seems to display partly using "index", in that I can get the history navigation numbers to show but nothing else.

I've emptied the cache. Any pointers please? Its something that is currently very high on my priority list to get fixed.

I imagine I need to globalise a hook in a similar way to

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
<xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

But I need to know which hook and which template I need to edit.

Hi Jaxel,

Possible bug? I created a category 'Australian MMA' with link 'australian-mma' when I got taken back to categories it wasnt there so I tried to created it again and got the duplication error below.

Also the category does show and work from the Portal, I just cant see it in the Admin section, so I cant edit or remove it.

Created another category Strikeforce and it worked fine, maybe doesnt like spaces in the category name???

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'australian-mma' for key 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRporta/Model/Categories.php at line 94
EWRporta_Model_Categories->updateCategory() in EWRporta/ControllerAdmin/Categories.php at line 54
EWRporta_ControllerAdmin_Categories->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Possible bug within EWR_ArticleView.html

Checked $thread.first_post_id via {xen:helper dump, $thread.first_post_id} and it returned 0 which means the first post will be displayed. Should it be getting passed in?

Jaxel can you explain how to use the new Category function. I see no documentation in the mod itself.

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Jaxel can you explain how to use the new Category function. I see no documentation in the mod itself.

Thanks,
Itworx4me
After upgrading / installing XenPorta 1.5.2, you have a new submenu-item in the ACP -> Home (menu XenPorta) called 'categories'. There you should create first a test category.
Once created, go to the ACP -> Home -> XenPorta -> Options menu and check the option (Globalized Custom Layouts):
Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

After that, go to the Portal Index and click on a recent news item. you should notice, that the view of the thread / article has changed. Go to the bottom of the message.
There you should see: "Categories: Uncategorized".
To the right, you have the option "edit". There you can assign the categories that you predefined in the ACP.

Should we release custom XenPorta Blocks as own resources or here?

Thanks,
Itworx4me
Its quite easy, in your admin CP go to categories, create them. Then when you add a post to the portal at the bottom there is an edit button to add them to the categories. Then you can link to them whichever way you want so people only see the categories they choose. I believe this can be developed greatly and im sure Jaxel will do that in the upcoming releases

@Jaxel
After installing the new version i have got an old error, that was fixed by me with a Patch posted some days ago.

Why do you have not integrate this patch?

See here:
To work around the problem open @xenforoinstallpath/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php
search:
Code:
$response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$response->params['forum']['node_id'];
replace with:
Code:
$node_id = (!empty($response->params['forum']['node_id'])) ? $response->params['forum']['node_id'] : 0;
$response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$node_id;

@Jaxel
After installing the new version i have got an old error, that was fixed by me with a Patch posted some days ago.

Why do you have not integrate this patch?

See here:
To work around the problem open @xenforoinstallpath/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php
search:
Code:
$response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$response->params['forum']['node_id'];
replace with:
Code:
$node_id = (!empty($response->params['forum']['node_id'])) ? $response->params['forum']['node_id'] : 0;
$response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$node_id;
I agree... the global rss gives me an error without that fix...
as stated here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-200#post-314957

Since is the new Xenporta Blocks thread, have any of you managed to get a second slider working for a separate forum?

Okay I have been going over this for hours. I am unsure why I setup a layout for the portal and then setup a layout for forum ; the forum does not show what I changed. I added a layout called forum-## and I did not give it ID and still same situation.

Nevermind i figured out that the forum is called index not forum

Is there a way to have it where I have a sidebar on one side and then content and then sidebar on other side ? I just want to change it a tad and maybe have layout in bottom that is split ?

I appreciate your hard work and effort to present to us one of the most useble and likble coding mod. thank you
I would like to know more about the widgets that are available with mod and if there is the latest threads widget?

When I upgraded to 1.5.2 it reverted all my custom setting for the modules back to default. Bummer...... Looks to be a Bug....Anyone else get this?

What about custom portal pages based on layout ?

I had a custom additional portal page at /portal/custom/index and since upgrading I can't find them. Any idea ? Is this fonctionality removed ?

Top Bottom