[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel I'm using the google adsense widget, and has in its settings "hide from selected user groups: Donators". So my donators user group don't have to see ads. However, they still see the ad widget. What am I doing wrong?

Also, has anyone made a Resource Manager widget for XenPorta 2 yet?

Last edited:
@Jaxel I'm using the google adsense widget, and has in its settings "hide from selected user groups: Donators". So my donators user group don't have to see ads. However, they still see the ad widget. What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure it's set to hidden and not show?

@Jaxel How can I disable the Tags system? Thanks
You cant completely disable it... What you can do however is simply dont give anyone permission to tag; then use CSS to hide the tag block.

As you using a custom option set? They all have different settings...

Its a bit more involved then I would like to explain to an end user.

No custom options sets either. This is weird. But yes, seems like that "hide from" is totally broken.

Its a bit more involved then I would like to explain to an end user.

There's a couple of things I need to do in order to complete my XP2 look and install so I can launch with it. I sent you a PM. Have you had a chance to have a look?

i´d like to change the look on one exact option set of RAW html, i´m gonna embed a forecast on my forum - however it will be black on black (text on background) any suggestion on how to edit and change the excact layout of ONE block?

Hello,

Maybe I missed some posts about this issue; But the widgets ajaxchat and taigachat do not work!

Unable to install TaigaChat widget; prerequisite Addon is out of date.
and
The provided file is not a widget XML file. for ajaxchat.

Main reason to buy xenporta is these widgets....

Use xenforo 1.4.5

No custom options sets either. This is weird. But yes, seems like that "hide from" is totally broken.
Thats odd, because I use "hide" for my adsense block on my forums and it works perfectly fine... Have you tried changing the setting to something else and then changing it back?

There's a couple of things I need to do in order to complete my XP2 look and install so I can launch with it. I sent you a PM. Have you had a chance to have a look?
Not yet...

i´d like to change the look on one exact option set of RAW html, i´m gonna embed a forecast on my forum - however it will be black on black (text on background) any suggestion on how to edit and change the excact layout of ONE block?
Each block gets it's own unique CSS id... you can tie CSS to that single block.

Hello,

Maybe I missed some posts about this issue; But the widgets ajaxchat and taigachat do not work!

Unable to install TaigaChat widget; prerequisite Addon is out of date.
and
The provided file is not a widget XML file. for ajaxchat.

Main reason to buy xenporta is these widgets....

Use xenforo 1.4.5
The TaigaChat widget requires you have TaigaChat version 35 or higher.

Thats odd, because I use "hide" for my adsense block on my forums and it works perfectly fine... Have you tried changing the setting to something else and then changing it back?

Yes I tried to use "show for usergroups:" and then select all except the Donator groups. But still the same problem :\

Think I'm gonna try and remove and re-install the adsense block. See if that helps.

I tried to re-install the widget, but no luck. Still visible to the two Donator groups by using the Show/Hide to usergroup setting.

Be patient, I have 6 other addons here and I have to make choices on what gets updated and when. XP2 took 4 months away from all other addons, so I am catching a lot of the others up. At the moment, XP2 works extremely well, so the next update is more of a evolutionary step, rather than a revolutionary step.

Currently I'm waiting for basic CMS functionality on XP2. We have an Author Name feature which is currently absolutely pointless.

I cant add an Author name to article previews, I cant replace the Poster name in an article with the Author Name. This is a fundamental flaw in the design of this 'Portal' and one which you say is a quick fix.

I appreciate you have other addons to update but if it is such a quick fix. IE a couple of lines in a couple of files then why not release that quick fix?

I've been a big supporter of XP2 since it's inception and have put the update on my site on hold for what seems like forever. Can you give us a date or time scale in which you can expose the Author Name in the article and the article previews which is a fundamental part of using this portal/CMS?

Or should I be looking at other solutions for my site instead?

I am not asking for a new feature, I'm not asking for a massive change. I'm just asking for a fix to what is the equivalent of a manufacturing flaw. An article system without the ability to display the article author in the article or the article preview is not fit for purpose.

I have bought this mod, but have not set it up yet. I cam reviewing the setup of several sites including 8wayrun. I see the two column option and will likely use that. However is there a way to set the blocks to a fixed height so that they are even side by side as you scroll down?

Currently I'm waiting for basic CMS functionality on XP2. We have an Author Name feature which is currently absolutely pointless.

I cant add an Author name to article previews, I cant replace the Poster name in an article with the Author Name. This is a fundamental flaw in the design of this 'Portal' and one which you say is a quick fix.

I appreciate you have other addons to update but if it is such a quick fix. IE a couple of lines in a couple of files then why not release that quick fix?

I've been a big supporter of XP2 since it's inception and have put the update on my site on hold for what seems like forever. Can you give us a date or time scale in which you can expose the Author Name in the article and the article previews which is a fundamental part of using this portal/CMS?

Or should I be looking at other solutions for my site instead?

I am not asking for a new feature, I'm not asking for a massive change. I'm just asking for a fix to what is the equivalent of a manufacturing flaw. An article system without the ability to display the article author in the article or the article preview is not fit for purpose.
Good Luck with this one. I have been waiting since February for Jaxel to update XenPorta2 so I can use a new block. I haven't been able to go Live because of it. Hope you have better luck than I did....lol

Top Bottom