[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
That looks amazing - i just installed xenporta2, but reverted back to xenporta 1.6 for now, but what you are showing is what i wanted. However - dont see the "index" page with 2.0 right now
I don't know a lot about this stuff, but this is what I did as in the FAQ:

How do I make the articles index page my portal home page?
In your XenForo Admin Control Panel, under the options menu for "Basic Board Information", there is an option for "Index Page Route". By default, this setting is set to "forums/". If you wanted to make the articles index your portal home page, just change this setting to "articles/".

Is this what you mean?

Also, thanks for the nice comment on my forum. :)

Besides the portal things (which I don't need), does this add-on have a calendar/events function?

Does my waffle maker also make me pizza?
If your waffle maker is also a pizza maker, then yes.
I just read about a XenAtendo widget in your add-on description, and wanted to ask, maybe this new XenPorta includes XenAtendo.
But it seems not. Thank you for your "kind" reply.

I've got a question -- what's the template conditional that we can use to identify if a page is being rendered by XP2's EWRporta2_ArticleView vs. the usual XF message_view? They share some common templates (post, message. etc.) and I need to make some changes to my page based on whether it is being called by one or the other thanks!

Anyone? Just wondering -- is there a conditional that I can use to at least determine what URL is calling the template (sort of a back-handed way of determining if the template has been called by XP2 vs. the regular thread generator)

Are there any plans to resurrect XenAtendo? If it came with support and an agenda view then I'd love to add it to my XP2.
I've stated many times that I don't like XenAtendo. XenAtendo was never meant to be a calendar; it was a simple RSVP system at the start; and for that, it works well. But I was pressured into adding a calendar to it, and I've never liked the calendar system in it. There are many other calendar systems now available for XF and I recommend them over XenAtendo.

Anyone? Just wondering -- is there a conditional that I can use to at least determine what URL is calling the template (sort of a back-handed way of determining if the template has been called by XP2 vs. the regular thread generator)
What are you trying to do? You can try using {$article.article_options.article}, as it will result to false if the thread does not have an article entry, or if the article has elected to not use the article format.

I've stated many times that I don't like XenAtendo. XenAtendo was never meant to be a calendar; it was a simple RSVP system at the start; and for that, it works well. But I was pressured into adding a calendar to it, and I've never liked the calendar system in it. There are many other calendar systems now available for XF and I recommend them over XenAtendo.
Yeah, I went through your old postings in that thread to see why it is unmaintained and you basically say every time that you don't like your own add-on.
But you misjudge in my opinion your own add-on. Yes, Andy and Jon have Calendar add-ons, but they have a long way ahead of them.
Yours is matured and it has excellent advanced settings. Xenforo lacks of a calendar and there is a huge need for this. You filled that hole but sadly you gave it up. Wished you could go on with that (payable). You already made the whole work, you could tweak it here and there, cure existing problems, and you could sell it. But you have much to do with your XenPorta stuff I assume. Just wanted to say that your add-on has great features and you misjudge it.

What are you trying to do? You can try using {$article.article_options.article}, as it will result to false if the thread does not have an article entry, or if the article has elected to not use the article format.

I just need to change a margin in the thread view if the thread is being viewed using XP2 -- my template CSS has it pushed too far over to the right on my default view.

If I can determine that the thread view template was called as part of an article, I can just insert some in-line css in the template to put the margins back to the left...

I just need to change a margin in the thread view if the thread is being viewed using XP2 -- my template CSS has it pushed too far over to the right on my default view.

If I can determine that the thread view template was called as part of an article, I can just insert some in-line css in the template to put the margins back to the left...
Why cant you just use .EWRporta2_ArticleView?

@Jaxel

Is it possible to add an option to disable the addthis social bar? I know I asked for it but I'm considering having it enabled in all threads so I dont want to have two enabled in an article thread.

Top Bottom