[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I'm in need of some assistance. I just purchased this today and I'm a bit confused as to how to get the articles to be my default page when browsing my site. Instead, when users go to my site they are instantly directed to the forums, and not the 'home' page.

I would like my home page to point here: http://rc-uo.com/index.php?articles/

Not here: http://rc-uo.com/index.php

How do i make my articles page be the default when browsing to index.php?

Thanks so much for your patience..

Hey..i create an raw html widget, but when add the code i get this error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'option_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1654
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1623
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRporta2/Model/Options.php at line 127
  8. EWRporta2_Model_Options->updateOptions() in EWRporta2/ControllerAdmin/Widgets.php at line 55
  9. EWRporta2_ControllerAdmin_Widgets->actionOptions() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mercadsfes/public_html/admin.php at line 13

How fix that ?...

Last edited:
Hey..i create an raw html widget, but when add the code i get this error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'option_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1654
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1623
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRporta2/Model/Options.php at line 127
  8. EWRporta2_Model_Options->updateOptions() in EWRporta2/ControllerAdmin/Widgets.php at line 55
  9. EWRporta2_ControllerAdmin_Widgets->actionOptions() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mercadsfes/public_html/admin.php at line 13

How fix that ?...

Fixed :: Change column type to LONGTEXT

Thought I would re-ask since my question seemed to got skipped over, would be appreciated if I could get some info on if its possible to add HTML (like custom buttons, headers, etc in the summary) and PNG's to the feature slider instead of just converted jpg's. @Jaxel

Thought I would re-ask since my question seemed to got skipped over, would be appreciated if I could get some info on if its possible to add HTML (like custom buttons, headers, etc in the summary) and PNG's to the feature slider instead of just converted jpg's. @Jaxel
Not with the included slider... but you could make your own if you wanted to.

How did you manage to run Xenporta on 8wayrun.com without having /articles/? Is it possible to not specify anything and just run Xenporta on the homepage? (www.domain.com)

I was under the impression that articles/ was mandatory and you could just use Route Filters to change it.

Go to your admin cp -> options -> basic board options and set "Index Page Route" to articles/
That will just redirect the users to domain.com/articles/ when they type domain.com.

Thats not why I want. If you go to 8wayrun.com you are not being redirected to any page. It remains 8wayrun.com, not 8wayrun.com/articles/

That will just redirect the users to domain.com/articles/ when they type domain.com.

Thats not why I want. If you go to 8wayrun.com you are not being redirected to any page. It remains 8wayrun.com, not 8wayrun.com/articles/
That's how it worked for me.

A question,.. i want use twitter widget, it ask me the id, but when i create widget it show me embeded link options.... and no more ids

Well, I think that I must be missing something here. First time XF admin, and bought this addin. Extracted the zip--the folder under this is named "[8wayRun.com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) v1.2.2b". Under that are the styles, library, and js folders. Uploaded the very long titled folder to the XF root. Below is the full path to the XML file:

/public_html/artistscom/forum/[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) v1.2.2b/library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml

NO changes in this path (full, shortening, etcetera) makes a difference. When I hit the install button the message is returned "Error. Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read."

Nuts! How in the devil do I install this thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom