[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel I've got a couple of problems and I dont know what I'm doing wrong...

1) Users Active Block - Whatever I do, this block doesn't show any usernames. Only the commas between the names. I've installed, uninstalled, re-installed the widget and XP@ but nothing works. I even used option sets but still nothing. (dont worry about the time. this is an inactive demo board so I had to enter a large number of hours to show usernames. Even with 24 hours I get the same issue).

usersactive.webp

2) Facebook Like Box - Again I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I put the URL of my facebook like page into the box and then place the widget but the widget never appears. I've used your soulcalibur page as an example. Ami Doing it right?

fblikebox.webp

The user activity block fetches right from the xf_users table... so its impossible for them not to have usernames.

As for the facebook feed, do you have facebook integration enabled?

@Jaxel I've got a couple of problems and I dont know what I'm doing wrong...

1) Users Active Block - Whatever I do, this block doesn't show any usernames. Only the commas between the names. I've installed, uninstalled, re-installed the widget and XP@ but nothing works. I even used option sets but still nothing. (dont worry about the time. this is an inactive demo board so I had to enter a large number of hours to show usernames. Even with 24 hours I get the same issue).

View attachment 92490

This block wasn't working for me at first but the day after i installed XP2, it worked :/

Is there any way to add an option to the today's top posters widget so it filters the posts posted in a specific forum? So for example...

The Main Forums Top Posters
The Off Topic Forums Top Posters

...I think this could help to really customise each big forum on the side via a layout page for each forum view.

Hi Jaxel.... the CDN serves images. The issue comes because every promotion for the same post uses exactly the same image filename. If you could somehow make the filename unique each time a promotion image changes then this will solve the issue. For those using a CDN (which is an awful lot of users) this is extremely important because otherwise a cached copy of the image is served from the CDN.

So basically, if the filename changes each time an image is uploaded to a feature then there will no longer be an issue. Is this possible?

1) Users Active Block - Whatever I do, this block doesn't show any usernames.

The user activity block fetches right from the xf_users table... so its impossible for them not to have usernames.

My users active today widget does not list any usernames

So, is this a user error? The developer has stated it isn't possible for it to happen, yet two screenshots show just that. I don't want to install this if an error such as this isn't addressed.

If that doesnt work, can you guys open the EWRwidget_UsersActive template, and just click the "SAVE" button; tell me if that fixes it.

Hi Jaxel.... the CDN serves images. The issue comes because every promotion for the same post uses exactly the same image filename. If you could somehow make the filename unique each time a promotion image changes then this will solve the issue. For those using a CDN (which is an awful lot of users) this is extremely important because otherwise a cached copy of the image is served from the CDN.

So basically, if the filename changes each time an image is uploaded to a feature then there will no longer be an issue. Is this possible?
I assume you can force your CDN to fetch a new image by appending a ?######### timestamp to the URL? Would that be good?

What I mean is, if your feature was this:
http://cdn.8wayrun.com/data/features/17967.jpg

Could you force your cdn to fetch a new image with:
http://cdn.8wayrun.com/data/features/17967.jpg?1399561500

Top Bottom