[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.9a

No permission to download
Go to update from 1.3.6 to latest and got this error
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/andy/public_html/site/forum/library/EWRcarta/Install.php on line 124
Tell me if the attached Install.php file works.

Attachments

Fatal error: Call to undefined function addColumnIfNotExist() in /home/andy/public_html/quantnet.com/forum/library/EWRcarta/Install.php on line 119
Okay... try this

I always have issues with the Install file... its something that I can't readily test.

Attachments

I also notice that the new xml is called addon-EWRcarta.xml and there was an older file called addon_EWRcarta.xml

I've never updated an addon with xen before. I have v1.3.6 installed and I was wondering if there is a special process involved or can I just copy the new files over and import the XML file?

How do I go about adding/editing wiki content? I have granted my own usergroup all of the xencarta permissions yet I see no links in the menu to manage it?

EDIT: Even as super admin, with 100% allowed permissions, on this page: /wiki/special/create-page

I get:
Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Need new feature:

Page Flags or Page Status.
- This would list the whole wiki site pages and their statuses.
- Each page would have a Marked as "(ComboBox)".

Example page status (as a combo-box):
- Under construction
- Send to QA --> a person marked as QA gets notified of changes.
- OK --> Publish --> goes to publish and view-able.
- Flagged with mistakes by (Person).
- Flagged as bad content by (external readers).

So the workflow is:
- The writer comes in and write down the content via wiki.
Sits there all day long writing content.

- The QA guy comes a week later and proof-read the whole site and starts marking each page for publishing/needs more work/needs corrections/etc.
- The QA guy pulls up the list of pages marked "send to QA".
- The QA guy flags certain pages which needs correction or further work.
- The QA guy marks all pages OK as "locked". IF any page is changed, it will revert back to "Send to QA" again.

- The writer comes in and fixes those pages with spelling mistakes, grammar or incomplete content.
(and so on...)
- Anything the writer does, the status is set to "Send to QA" or "Under Construction".
- Pages are locked if OK. If unlocked or edited, it will be set back to "Send to QA" or "Under construction".

- The QA guy comes next week and proof-reads the whole site.
- Reviews all changed contents and pages marked "Send to QA"
- Locks those files which are proof-read and marks "OK".

- The writer comes in and fixes those pages with spelling mistakes, grammar or incomplete content.
(and so on...)
- The website guy comes every now and then updates XenForo and makes sure site is working good.

We've got over 250 pages and 1,000 edits so far on Wiki.
Need this feature. Willing to pay for this enhancement.

I am trying with this; I really am!

Could someone please take a look at this page and let me know the obvious step I've missed? Moses has been kind enough to tip me off to some of his templates, but in trying to imitate them, I've left something out.

In short: the column that should appear down the side appears at the bottom.

Here:

http://www.fightclubber.com/xenforo/index.php?wiki/testy/

Can anybody help?!

Thanks for your time.

Thanks - I was hoping the same, but I've played with the width and it seems to make no difference.

I see some guidance scattered around the XF forums but nothing I can put into any sort of order. It's a shame because there's obviously a huge amount of effort that's gone into this add-on!

One for experienced users only, I'd say. And I lack the intelligence!

Thanks - I was hoping the same, but I've played with the width and it seems to make no difference.

I see some guidance scattered around the XF forums but nothing I can put into any sort of order. It's a shame because there's obviously a huge amount of effort that's gone into this add-on!

One for experienced users only, I'd say. And I lack the intelligence!
Your issues with formatting really have nothing to do with XenCarta... they have to do with basic CSS rules.
The templates use basic HTML, and with understanding of HTML, you can make it do anything you want.

That being said... add to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.wikiContent table.player-table
{
    width: 300px !important;
    float: right;
}

I mean, you added all these classes to your table, but didn't apply any rules to them.

Thanks Jaxel. I did say I lacked the basic intelligence!

Apologies if I came over as moaning, but as mentioned in the thread (I'm 21 pages through reading it!), you'd maybe find even more users if you had some centralised guidance. The ironic thing is that it would be ideal subject matter for a wiki! :)

You've obviously put forth a Herculean effort to manage this add-on, and people have put it to great use. I'll keep plugging away at it, but it's like inheriting somebody else's code and figuring out what it does. :)

Thanks for hearing me out.

Getting an error with the latest version when trying to edit any existing pages.
This page has been modified by another user since you initially opened it. Your changes have not been saved. Please reload the page and try again.

Top Bottom