[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.9a

No permission to download
Thanks for the latest update Jaxel.

I seem to have found a limit for the amount of processing that can be done my the templating system in a wiki article. I've got quite a few google tables in one article and when I attempt to load it after 30 seconds the error is

Any suggestions? I'm considering moving the google tables from wiki tables and into KK's BBCODE modification to see if this improves it.
If anyone else encounters this, I found it to be an issue with PHP scripts that take too long to complete. To work around this, I increased the max timeout setting in Apache - it still takes time to build the big pages but once they complete they're cached and load quickly.

Is "Wiki" stored in a language variable somewhere? I'd like to change all instances of the word Wiki to ZephyrStrats, as the wiki will only be used for strategies for our website. If not, any chance I could get the locations of where I need to change it? Nice modification, thanks for the hard work. :)

Utterly lost here - hopefully someone can give me a little basic guidance. Please? :) Briefly looked through the 43 pg archive thread, but couldn't find the answer. Suppose I might have missed it, though.

1) Using XenPorta 1.5.2. Also have WikiNav: XenCarta Wiki Navigation (v 1.0.0) - eg, the wikinav.xml file that came with 1.5.2 was installed. What's confusing me is I'm not sure what that block alone does. Played around with it a bit and couldn't get it to do anything.

Saw an earlier post by someone that suggested if you want to use the wiki you also need to have XenCarta installed, which is how I found this thread. To clarify, I do leave the WikiNav installed and then add XenCarta 1.5.2 - both?

2) Also, once I get whatever is needed to start a Wiki in place, is it editable by Admins only or can other usergroups (mainly concerned about the Moderating usergroup) also be given perms to create new entries and edit?

Thanks for any advice.

I guess I also need to install this XenCarta (Wiki) 1.3.6 if I want to do a Wiki? I need both of them?
You definitely need XenCarta.

2) Also, once I get whatever is needed to start a Wiki installed, is it editable by Admins only or can other usergroups (mainly concerned about the Moderating usergroup) also be given perms to create new entries and edit?
You can definitely enable other people to edit the wiki.
XenCarta's permissions are relatively simple. You either have full permission to do everything in the wiki ... or View only permission.

It might be a bug?

Page title that begins with a lowercase letter will be listed in XenCarta "Page List" at the end of uppercase page list under a list indexed by lower case.

I am not sure if it is the correct way but edit EWRcarta_Model_Lists.php

PHP:
 $tempLetter = $letter ? $letter : substr($page['page_name'], 0, 1);

to

PHP:
 $tempLetter = $letter ? $letter : strtoupper(substr($page['page_name'], 0, 1));

seems to fix the problem.

Attachments

• lowercase.webp
    lowercase.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 19
Hi Jaxel,

I am considering using XenCarta Wiki, but I really need the ability to have wiki terms that show up in the forums be auto-linked to the terms' wiki entry. I, along with XF member, Moses, have offered $100 each to add this feature. I'm posting this here in hopes that you will consider adding this feature to, what is otherwise, for me, a complete wiki.

Is it possible to load a section already "hidden?"
This way, a user would have to "unhide" the section to view it, saving space on long pages.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.7 CHANGELOG

• Added an admin option to "restrict family trees". If enabled, on the family tree panel for a specific page, instead of showing the entire family tree, it will only show the immidiate parent, siblings and children.
  • Added a new usergroup permission for "managing" pages. A user with the ability to both edit and manage an unlocked page can change the specific options for pages. Only an administrator with the ability to edit locked pages can mark pages as protected.
  • Added the ability...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom