[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Jaxel, surely developing a follow up add-on (namely xenatendo 2 pro) is going to perpetuate your hatred. If you hated the first version, why should we believe you'll love the second version? My concern is, that unless this is done with enthusiasm and some love for version 2, you'll just hate it all over again and everyone then ends up in a dead end thread, seeking support for a dead end product that is ultimately marked as "unmaintained". I think there needs to be some reality check here.

Did I miss something? Is there another Events addon in the works to replace XenAtendo? Or another dev working on a different one?

Jaxel, surely developing a follow up add-on (namely xenatendo 2 pro) is going to perpetuate your hatred. If you hated the first version, why should we believe you'll love the second version? My concern is, that unless this is done with enthusiasm and some love for version 2, you'll just hate it all over again and everyone then ends up in a dead end thread, seeking support for a dead end product that is ultimately marked as "unmaintained". I think there needs to be some reality check here.
I hate this addon because of how it's programmed, not because of it's function. This was not designed to be a calendar addon; this was an event management and RSVP system... that suffered from feature creep.
The below add on work great...
Calendar
Thats not an event management addon, thats a calendar.

Thats not an event management addon, thats a calendar.
It is a bit more than just a calendar - it does interact with threads and there is a sidebar. It doesn't have the RSVP feature, etc but these can be worked in as well. Essentially it could be made to work very similarly.

To be brutally honest, whilst there are other add-ons out there with some similar functions, I am still unable to replicate the full functionality of xenatendo - I still have xenatendo as the live solution. Until that changes, I have no choice but to use the addon - I'd be very interested in seeing version 2. :)

maybe a fund raiser for [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0 PRO :)
I will not do a fundraiser again... at least not until I have a substantial product to show off. The XenPorta fundraiser was a massive failure because I did it before work had begun, and I ended up procrastinating. Because of that it created ill-will and doubt.

I'd sooner just pay for a quality product when it's done. No point in extra pressure on development.

Please keep "upcoming events" as the core focus - the calendar is extremely helpful but upcoming events page and widgets are critical :)

Please keep "upcoming events" as the core focus - the calendar is extremely helpful but upcoming events page and widgets are critical :)
It will be... when it comes down to it, this will still be an event planning addon. However, unlike before, the calendar systems will be more elegant, instead of tacked on feature bloat.

It will be... when it comes down to it, this will still be an event planning addon. However, unlike before, the calendar systems will be more elegant, instead of tacked on feature bloat.
Man, I can't thank you enough. Just make this work; I had this addon for a while but then had to uninstall for the same reason you hate it. :D

Totally excited to see this back in action.

Top Bottom