[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Make sure you have the permissions set to add an event first.

You can then add one by going into the Events calendar and clicking on the Post New Event button there. If you've got a forum(s) set up for threads created by events to go it, you can add an event there too.

This destroyed my 1.1.5 site, do not upgrade to this version if you are not on xf 1.2

I have to do a system restore now. Ugh.

Anyone know where I can get the "Upcoming Events" for Xenporta. I have 1.59 and installed XenAtendo. The plugin is working great but I have no block for events or Xenmedio for that matter. Thanks!

Anyone know where I can get the "Upcoming Events" for Xenporta. I have 1.59 and installed XenAtendo. The plugin is working great but I have no block for events or Xenmedio for that matter. Thanks!

xenMedio blocks are in the download; ..\8wayRun.Com-XenMedio-Media-v1.5.7\[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.5.7\library\EWRporta\Block\XML

I don't know where xenAttendo blocks are though; I didn't know there were any.

The blocks were removed in 1.5.8 of XenPorta. You can therefore get them from the 1.5.7 version, just download it from the Version History tab of the XenPorta in Resources. The file is in \library\EWRporta\Block\ and the XML file is in \library\EWRporta\Block\XML\

The blocks were removed in 1.5.8 of XenPorta. You can therefore get them from the 1.5.7 version, just download it from the Version History tab of the XenPorta in Resources. The file is in \library\EWRporta\Block\ and the XML file is in \library\EWRporta\Block\XML\
Why were they removed?

backup still hasnt fixed it yet. Jaxel next time can you please be a little more specific with what versions of xf your updates are compatible with?

@Jaxel I am not sure if already someone asked you this, but would you consider to change this add-on (make a new version) to accomodate those users who want to use this for Upcoming Releases? So basically it would be a calendar with Upcoming Releases, where you will have weekly and monthly view and all you will need to do is to enter the game (movie, album, ...) name and the release date of the game (movie, ...). I guess it wouldn't need that much work to do and at the same time I am sure it will be very popular between users as I guess gaming sites are the most popular use of XenForo :)

Last edited:
This destroyed my 1.1.5 site, do not upgrade to this version if you are not on xf 1.2

I have to do a system restore now. Ugh.
this mod did not destroy your forum. the only difference is two lines of code, that simply remove an array from a function parameter; there is nothing destructive in the changes.

@Jaxel - was the bug with the 24 hour clock mode mentioned in this post fixed with the latest version?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.26852/page-20#post-539057

Also, I mentioned previously that with the increasing prevalence in Tablet use, one thing that I think needs changing in future versions of XenAtendo is the RSVP comments. Currently these are displayed when you hover over the name of someone who has made an RSVP. This is fine on a PC but you can't hover on a Tablet.

After some advice I did edit EWRatendo_Bit_RSVP and EWRatendo_Bit_RSVPShort and tweaked EWRatendo.css so that I have tooltip text displaying on the page and avatars for Maybe/No as well as Yes. What would be good though is this option built into a future version of XenAtendo for those who don't feel confident to edit the code themselves.

this mod did not destroy your forum. the only difference is two lines of code, that simply remove an array from a function parameter; there is nothing destructive in the changes.
The only change I made to my forum was uploading your new files (without updating in the ACP as per your instructions) and I had to have my site restored to fix it. After the restore, everything is working normally again. Sorry but I don't see what else it could be.

Greetings does the new edition of this plugin feature the ability to make private events yet? I am waiting for that feature as my community is very private.

Can I give some feedback on this addon please?
I wanted to enter an event coming in September - IFA in Berlin. It runs from 10am to 6pmon from the 4th to 11th. For an event like this, people might want to RSVP on individual days.

What I expected to be able to do was enter the start date as the 4th and the end date as the 11th. But I couldn't enter an end date. So I got out the calculator and did some maths and worked out the duration of the event in hours, entered it, realised I'd got it wrong, edited it, entered again and this time got it right at 176 hours. The event appeared on the correct days in the calendar. I think it would be much easier to enter the start and end dates of an event if we had separate date and time fields rather than a duration in hours.
There's the ability to RSVP but only to the whole event.

I did also try entering the event start date for 10AM on the 4th with a duration of 8 hours, and then make it a recurring event every 1 day, ending after 11th. This, actually seems a better way to do this because if it goes into the system as 8 separate events all with the same name and location, I hoped anyone could then RSVP on any of the separate days.
But it only appeared in the calendar for the 4th. There were no other entries, so this functionality appeared not to work at all.

The other thing I wanted to do was use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out of the map, but this functionality was not available. Can I request that this be put in as an option for maps please? I'd definitely want it as I hate having to use the plus and minus buttons top left of the map to zoom in and out.

Many thanks

I am in the process of gathering all of my needed resources, making sure add-ons are up to dates, etc. in order to upgrade my forum to XenForo 1.2.

I am currently running 1.1.3, and was on version 1.4.5 of XenAtendo, which worked fine.

I have just downloaded the latest version of XenAtendo via the download link above, and upgraded it as per the instructions. Everything seemed to go OK, but I now get the following error when trying to create an Event:

xenatendo_error_2013-08-06_1120.webp

An Event does appear to be created, but there is no thread associated with it in the Events forum.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi new (just bought yesterday) Xenforo user here.

Anyway... I made a small modification to this plugin, so if anyone else would like to add times to thread titles that this creates, here's how to accomplish that

Code:
Open file /library/EWRatendo/Model/events.php

after this (line 195 iirc)
$threadCity = $input['event_citystate'] ? $input['event_citystate'] : $input['event_venue'];

add
$threadTime = $input['event_time'].":".$input['event_mins']." ".$input['event_ampm'];

and after this (line 203 iirc)
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{location}', $threadCity, $input['thread_title']);

add
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{time}', $threadTime, $input['thread_title']);

After that go to your XenAtendo settings and add {time} to the thread title format. That should be it!

hopefully @Jaxel can add this to future releases :)

Top Bottom