[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
1. I have notice is that when using the 24 hour clock and posting an event there is no 12 hour.

2. It would also seem the event time is off when posting an event for 6 hours it looks like this
Start Date: Jul 27, 2013 12:00 AM
End Date: Jul 27, 2013 06:00 AM (this should show PM)
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

3. I don't see any way to really post an event that will span multiple days besides extending the hours of said event. You should be able to say the event will run from Day A (date) to Day B (date)

1. I have notice is that when using the 24 hour clock and posting an event there is no 12 hour.

Already reported in these posts:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.26852/page-20#post-538986

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.26852/page-20#post-539057

No response from Jaxel yet.

2. It would also seem the event time is off when posting an event for 6 hours it looks like this
Start Date: Jul 27, 2013 12:00 AM
End Date: Jul 27, 2013 06:00 AM (this should show PM)
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT
No, that is correct. 12.00AM is midnight, so 6 hours later would be 6.00AM. Noon is 12.00PM

3. I don't see any way to really post an event that will span multiple days besides extending the hours of said event. You should be able to say the event will run from Day A (date) to Day B (date)

Your suggestion could be useful to some. As you say a workaround is just to extend the hours, which can be typed in rather than clicking the + button, so not a big deal really.

I would like to translate xenAtendo to swedish but can't seem to find any related phrases or properties for that... Where should i look?

Anyone else getting an error message while submitting a post with 1.2? Not sure if it is this addon or not.

ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined - library/EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5

Is there a way to get some sort of "event on near you" RSS feed ? or notifications?

Within 500 miles ?

Thanks

Anyone else getting an error message while submitting a post with 1.2? Not sure if it is this addon or not.
Yes, below is a quick fix for it compliments of @Contex for the library/EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php issue when used with XF 1.2. This solved the issue from my testing, with no issues so far now.

Replace:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave(array $messages)
With:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave()

Replace:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostSave($messages);
With:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostSave();

Replace:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostDelete(array $messages)
With:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostDelete()

Replace:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostDelete($messages);
With:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostDelete();

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for useful functionality please.
If there is an event with a maximum number of attendees, say 30, and 100 people wish to go, would it be possible to mark the first 30 as 'confirmed' a place, and the remaining 70 marked as in 'reserve'? Then if any of the first 30 then cannot attend, they can cancel their place and the next in line get 'confirmed' and alerted to the fact?
Also prior to the event would it be possible to require all the confirmed attendees to 'reconfirm' their intent to attend, and if not done within a certain time, their place is allocated to the next in reserve?

I feel its too much to expect my audience to research, then enter exact event start & end times - is there a simple way to remove this data entry requirement please? Many thanks

Last edited:
Is it able to move the Events Tab from Main Navigation Tab to Secondary Content Block Links List? I don't want this to be appeared in the Main Navigation Tab. It is okay for me to not using the Monthly View, Weekly View,... in the block list... Just like as "HELP" Tab, i can use this to with insert in Secondary Content Block Links List with out drop down menu in the Main Navigation Tab:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'help'}">{xen:phrase help}</a></li>

Thanks! :)

Top Bottom