[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Yes, below is a quick fix for it compliments of @Contex for the library/EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php issue when used with XF 1.2. This solved the issue from my testing, with no issues so far now.

Replace:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave(array $messages)
With:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave()

Replace:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostSave($messages);
With:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostSave();

Replace:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostDelete(array $messages)
With:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostDelete()

Replace:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostDelete($messages);
With:
Code:
$response = parent::_discussionPostDelete();

tried this fix on RC1; error on posting a reply goes away but the page never refreshes & the thread / reply never appears

Still on 1.1.5 and got this server error when someone tried to RSVP for an event. He was able to rsvp yes but the error appears on ACP

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '85-22870' for key 'UNIQUE' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: twess, Today at 8:56 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/andy/public_html//library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html//library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/andy/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `EW...', Array)
#3 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1591): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('EWRatendo_rsvps', Array)
#4 /home/andy/public_htmlibrary/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1580): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1381): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/andy/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Model/RSVPs.php(65): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/andy/public_html/library/EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events/Event.php(188): EWRatendo_Model_RSVPs->updateRSVP(Array)
#8 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(313): EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events_Event->actionRsvp()
#9 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/andy/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

I can't post in the forum at all when using this with Xen 1.2
Downloaded the latest version of it.

I'm guessing it's not been 'upgraded' yet?

Anything we can do to get it working at all?

I get the following error.

Argument 1 passed to EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/SITE/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 5
  2. EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1392
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1123
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line589
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1392
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 540
  8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/SITE/public_html/index.php at line 13

Rather than create event discussion threads all in the same forum, might it be possible to select the most appropriate forum for each event? Because if there was an Xbox gaming event, the place where the thread (and therefore the event) would get the best exposure would be in the Xbox forum.

Rather than create event discussion threads all in the same forum, might it be possible to select the most appropriate forum for each event? Because if there was an Xbox gaming event, the place where the thread (and therefore the event) would get the best exposure would be in the Xbox forum.
You can already do that. In XenAtendo options, select all of the forums you want Events to be created in (CTRL + click to select more than one).

Upgraded this add on while still on xf 1.1.5 and it gave me a lot of errors after the update.
Are you still getting them on xF 1.2.0 / XenAtendo 1.5.0b? It's working for me with those versions (and for whatever it's worth, neither are fresh installs).
iCw3m04DQlADM.png

Hello. Thanks for hotfixing this issue.

Someone knows how I can set the order where the eventmanaer will be displayed in the navbar?

thanks

I got this when trying to post a regular post immediately after upgrading to the latest version of this add-on on XF 1.1.5:

screeenshot2.webp

Looks like maybe it's crashing with other add-ons somehow? I don't know who is to blame ...

Works fine under 1.2.

The only thing is thatt if you use the rsvp and post something. After you pressed the post button, the text is still standing, and you dont know if you pressed the button. Further working great! Thanks for the add on also on 1.2 !!!.

Is it possible to set an x attendies allowed?

Top Bottom