[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Could you make it optional on what you want to have where the map is now?
So you could maybe embed a YouTube movie or just a big image?

MJW0a.png

I want to add the link to the 'Events' page to a pre-existing tab I've set up using Nodes as Tabs. I've disabled the default Events tab by going into debug mode and disabling the Code Event Listener, and I can add the link to the pre-existing tab just fine, but I can't seem to get the tab appear as active when I'm on an events page. Any ideas?

How can I restrict access to the event page for non-members and also hide the tab in the navbar?
I don't know about restricting the permissions but I disabled the tab by:
  1. Using debug mode, go into the Development tab, and then select Code Event Listeners.
  2. Find XenAtendo. There should be a navigation_tab underneath it (or something along those lines, don't remember exactly). Disable it.
  3. Take your board out of debug mode and the tab is gone.

I don't know about restricting the permissions but I disabled the tab by:
  1. Using debug mode, go into the Development tab, and then select Code Event Listeners.
  2. Find XenAtendo. There should be a navigation_tab underneath it (or something along those lines, don't remember exactly). Disable it.
  3. Take your board out of debug mode and the tab is gone.

Thanks for the pointers! I will give it a try and see how it comes out. What I really would like is to be able to control the visibility and access of the event function by permission groups.

Thanks for the pointers! I will give it a try and see how it comes out. What I really would like is to be able to control the visibility and access of the event function by permission groups.
I would like this as well. Also if the venue/map info was optional.

I just created an event and it caused the entire block on my portal to just disappear. I looked at the block settings and it should still be showing up, but its not. This is the first issue I've ever had with this add on. Has anyone else had this happen before?

I am having a few issues.

after install i go into set it up and i can set the (events) options that link live stream how to show the events (date format and that stuff) and where to set the events to a forum category BUt i do not see any information or options to set users and add events..

i have looked at screenshots and i seem not to be able to see some of the options / areas in them.

i have the latest version downloaded as of today can anyone help?

ps the calender displays fine on the site, i just cant add events or have perms as the admin to make any topics that work as events

Untitled-1.webp

In the next version, you will be able to specify display cutoff and top control overrides on a per forum basis.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) with a new update entry:

VERSION 1.4.7 CHANGE LOG

Hey guys! Its the holiday season, and this mod is free! If you candonate, please do! Or buy, the branding removal option! Anything you can do to help, will be greatly appreciated!
  • You can now edit service parameters (though I doubt anyone will need this except me).
  • A check has been put in to prevent malicious users from editing events in which they did not have permissions.
  • When using the "create new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Getting the error below when updating the addon.

Illegal string offset 'topctrl'
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php at line 43
  2. EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2::verifyOption()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 345
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1361
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1104
  8. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 317
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in TMS/Model/AddOn.php at line 20
  10. TMS_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 225
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  12. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/x/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Getting the error below when updating the addon.

Err... honestly I have no idea. I have two forums now, so now I can test the install process before I upload the addon here and it installed on my second forum without any issues...

This is line 43:
Code:
$option['topctrl'] = !empty($option['topctrl']) ? $option['topctrl'] : 0;

I mean its specifically programmed to check for 'topctrl' to prevent illegal string offsets.

Sounds like yet another ****ty PHP 5.4 error... which is why most server hosts arent upgrading to it. PHP 5.4 seems like a big cluster**** to me. Try commentating out lines 43 and 44 from EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2; install the mod, and then uncomment those lines.

Top Bottom