[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Jaxel,
is there a way to set up events over several days or weeks?
E.g. we got an exposition running for 4 weeks at a local museum.

How could I set this up so it shows for that time in the events calendar?

Hi,

I just installed XenAtendo into my fresh XenForo installation, because we will change our forumsoftware. Now I have an error when I will open the settings:

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /var/xxx/xxx/xxx/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/xxx/xxx/xxx/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

I've already read, that the error comes, is why we are using PHP 5.4. Now my question is: Is that true? Will it be fixed or can I do something to fix it?

Regards,
Markus

When making a recurring event (for example, a daily event) is possible to have a separate list of RSVP's for each recurring day or period? At the moment the RSVP list is just all the days together.

I really need to set an image per event that shows as the thread and event thumbnail. Jaxel, do you plan on adding this feature?

Thanks

Jaxel,
I got a user permission question regarding XenAtendo:
I have it setup that unregistered users can submit/post events ( which later get approved by admin).
So in my user group permissions for unregistered it shows:

Can Post Events: Allow

all other settings:
Can Bypass Moderation:Not Set (No)
Can RSVP for Events:Not Set (No)
Can Moderate Events:Not Set (No)
Can Administrate Events:Not Set (No)

When I now approve a posted event from an unregistered user, it goes live, but it also shows the EDIT link enabled.
So now, anybody ( any unregistered user) can edit this event from now on.

I thought "Can Post Events" would only mean submit events, and NOT edit.

How can I prevent unregistered users from "editing" submitted events? ( I am sure i am missing some permission setting )

Thanks for any help I can get.

It would be good if you can add thread prefixes to the events.. .and then
It would be great if you could filter all event areas (weekly, monthly, upcoming , forum) by prefix...

I've customised it so that you can do it on my forum, but would be good if this was an option in core (I've still got to make it "prettier")

filter.webp

Clicking the thread prefix filter in upcoming, displays only those defined by the filter: No filter upcoming events example:
Clicking the thread prefix filter in weekly, displays only those defined by the filter: Guildford Events Filter Example
Clicking the thread prefix filter in the event forum, displays only those defined by the filter: Guildford Events Filter Example

Edit, I now use a drop down to Filter Events by thread Prefix, looks much better:

filt.webp

Would be nice for something like this as an option in core

Jaxel,
i just found on my site and e.g. on tenants surreyforum.co.uk , that xenatendo is generating literally tens-of -thousands of events calendar pages on Google.
Do a quick search on google for site:surreyforum.co.uk/events/ and you see the gazzilion of events calendar pages showing up and creating nearly "duplicate" content.
Example page indexed on Google is this: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/events/weekly/26.2977/
which is a weekly events calendar from the year 2977 !

I would like to stop the search engines from indexing these monthly and weekly calendar pages:

The simplest way would be via robots.txt .... using a
User-agent: *
Disallow: /events/monthly/

but, this disallow method via robots.txt would kill any pagerank passed from those events pages to other pages.

Therefore, I would like to use

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

in the header of each events calendar page. ( since this way pagerank would be passed on to any other pages, according to seobook article on the topic here: http://tools.seobook.com/robots-txt/ )

How can I add the <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> line to the monthly and weekly events pages in Xenatendo?

Would be great if you can help me on this one.

( I apologize to Tenants for using his site as example in this post, since my own forum is still not fully indexed on Google , so I can not show it as an example).

You know YouTube has a streaming service? You should do the same thing you did with TwitchTV with YouTube.

No problem elbav.. you're right, this is an issue (and would explain why the spiders are constantly chewing through Surrey Forum)... There needs to be a sensible upper limit (3 years from current / customisable)

Very, very useful addon! Adds exactly what we were looking for to make the forum a complete collaboration-suite ;-)
Though the 24 hour format (not having to choose AM / PM) and exact date and time option (I have no issues with choosing an end date and time) would be great additions!

Also, are there any translations around for this? Or should we work on that ourselves... (which is fine also). One final question would be how to hide the Events-tab for users not in a particular group? It's a semi-private forum and I don't want public viewers to be able to view the events (even though they can't click on them to see the thread (private node)).

Thanks!

I'm getting the following order on a daily basis at the same time everyday:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The requested forum could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1321
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 3:01 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1363): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(480): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(368): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_updateContainerPostSave()
#3 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#4 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Model/Threads.php(49): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Model/Recurs.php(143): EWRatendo_Model_Threads->updateThread(Array)
#6 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Model/Recurs.php(8): EWRatendo_Model_Recurs->updatePastRecurs()
#7 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/EWRatendo/CronEntry/Recurs.php(7): EWRatendo_Model_Recurs->buildRecurs()
#8 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): EWRatendo_CronEntry_Recurs::build(Array)
#9 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array, Array)
#10 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run(Array)
#11 /home/hackslas/public_html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#12 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/cron.php?1338267672"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    [1338267672] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any ideas?

Less importantly, I also want to change the background colour of the current day square when viewing the monthly view. Red on red is hard to read. You can see what I mean here.

Less importantly, I also want to change the background colour of the current day square when viewing the monthly view. Red on red is hard to read. You can see what I mean here.
Adding this to EXTRA.CSS
Code:
.monthBlock .nowToday {
    background: url("styles/flexiledark/xenforo/gradients/category-bar-gradient.png") repeat-x scroll center top #350000 !important;
}

will produce this:

pred.webp

A bit better on the eyes. Change the colour as you wish, #350000 is but an example. :)

Hi Jaxel

Sorry to disturb but I found some small mistakes in XenAtendo

If you create a new events everything is translated
picture1.webp
If you try to edit a created event you will find two mistakes
picture2.webp
"for" and "hours" don't use the phrases ;)

Please think about the european costumers wich use other time-formats

For example:
Our date is "Day-Month-Year"
Our time-format is HH:MM in 24 hours (no am and pm)

I found everything hardcodet in your templates ;)

picture3.webp

The big (actually) calender use the translated phrases for the days. The small calender to the right use english short names for days (M,T,W,T,F,S,S) please make it using phrases ;)

Thanks for your support

Thnaks for this wonderfull add on.
I get some errors.
When i click on arhive i get this one
Code:
    Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 32:

31:        ';
    32: foreach ($events AS $event)
    33: {

Anyone figure this out as i have the same issue on my live site ?

Hi all..

I have a stupid question.I've downloaded and installed accordingly : http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.99/

My question is, how to add a new event ? like this: http://8wayrun.com/threads/jun-14-2012-fighters-arena-gameclucks-lynnwood-wa.9655/

I'am sorry, i am new in xenforo. this is my site : http://www.anakku.net/forum/
i set "Event Forums" to CMC menu Category :D

Thank's before
=====================================================
Thanks for : http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/threads/how-to-create-an-event-on-surrey-forum.1297/ :D

Im using the XenAtendo plugin, however on my forum I have placed a small advert in the above_content section.

The plugin adds a drop-down calender to filter, but this seems to overlay the advert, is there a css file I can edit to move the margin etc.. down by about 30px?

Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom