[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I am trying to add a building expedition event that is a month long: 13.7.-12.8.2012.

Damn its an unnecessary drag counting the hours, without an end date option.

I am trying to add a building expedition event that is a month long: 13.7.-12.8.2012.

Damn its an unnecessary drag counting the hours, without an end date option.

There is an end date option (Recur This Event Every: DAY and end after ...)

reoccur.webp

is it possible to deactivate the stream functionality?

it qoukd be great, if in the edit screen you can create or assign a thread to this event.

is it possible to deactivate the stream functionality?

Me too. I'm unable to change any settings, it giving me this:
Code:
Stream URL did not match any supported services.

I left those fields empty, and don't have anything to put in them. Can I either disable this function or can someone give me a stream url to put in there so I can save my option changes. I won't ever use the Stream function, so either option works for me.

I tried to install XenAtendo on a local dev site, without WAN access. It shot a "Unable to connect" error I'm unable to post the backtrace for now, but it seems that after installation the script checks for the justin.tv stream feed.

I found this line in library/EWRatendo/Model/Parser.php :
PHP:
$feed = $client->request-)->getBody();
that I replaced with
PHP:
$feed = "";
in order to pass the installation.

It went well this way, but I agree when others say that the stream option causes some issues.

For those like me who would like event dates to format within their own locale, this is how I did. EDIT : WARNING This does not work properly, see post below.
In the file library/EWRatendo/Model/Events.php, locate the formatDates() function :
PHP:
public function formatDates($event)
    {
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
        $dateformat = $options->EWRatendo_dateformat;
        $timeformat = $options->EWRatendo_timeformat;

$strtime = new DateTime(date('r', $event['event_strtime']));
        $strtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));
        $event['formatted_strtime'] = $strtime->format($dateformat.' '.$timeformat);
        $event['formatted_strshort'] = $strtime->format($timeformat);
        $event['formatted_timezone'] = $strtime->format('P T');
        $event['event_date'] = $strtime->format('Y-m-d');
        $event['event_time'] = $strtime->format('h');
        $event['event_ampm'] = $strtime->format('A');
        $event['key'] = $strtime->format($dateformat);

$endtime = new DateTime(date('r', $event['event_endtime']));
        $endtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));
        $event['formatted_endtime'] = $endtime->format($dateformat.' '.$timeformat);
        $event['event_length'] = ($event['event_endtime'] - $event['event_strtime']) / 3600;

return $event;
    }
and modify as follows:
PHP:
public function formatDates($event)
    {
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
        $dateformat = $options->EWRatendo_dateformat;
        $timeformat = $options->EWRatendo_timeformat;
        setlocale(LC_TIME, 'fr_FR.utf8','fra');

$strtime = new DateTime(date('r', $event['event_strtime']));
        $strtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));
        $event['formatted_strtime'] = strftime("%#d %b %Y %Hh%M", $strtime->getTimestamp());
        $event['formatted_strshort'] = strftime("%#d %b %Y", $strtime->getTimestamp());
        $event['formatted_timezone'] = $strtime->format('P T');
        $event['event_date'] = $strtime->format('Y-m-d');
        $event['event_time'] = $strtime->format('h');
        $event['event_ampm'] = $strtime->format('A');

$event['key'] = strftime("%#d %b %Y", $strtime->getTimestamp());

$endtime = new DateTime(date('r', $event['event_endtime']));
        $endtime->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone($event['event_timezone']));
        $event['formatted_endtime'] = $endtime->format($dateformat.' '.$timeformat);
        $event['event_length'] = ($event['event_endtime'] - $event['event_strtime']) / 3600;

return $event;
    }
You need to customize with your own locale (fr_FR.utf8 in my case) and your own format (day month year order).

If Jaxel ever reads this, I would love it to be properly included as an option in XenAtendo.

I had to apply some more modification. Here is the complete diff.
I added utf8_encode due to some misconfiguration on my test installation, so you may not have to reuse as-is.

Basically, in order to properly localize the date formats, I used http://php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php.

WARNING : There is an issue when editing existing events due to localization. I'm looking into it.

EDIT : The issue is caused by strftime(). I had to use gmstrftime() in order to manage timezones properly. I'll upload another diff in the coming days.

I'm wondering if someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong? I think I'm doing the same thing I did when I installed XenPorta, then I figured out what I was doing wrong but I can't seem to get it to install. I have it installed in more then one location right now (I'm bad for that) so it might be the location I'm entering to tell it to install from. Any ideas?

BTW I have cpanel and use the file manager to upload it. That should let you know what I'm looking at.

James

Don't know if this is the place for feature requests, but it would be awesome to have some kind of google calendar integration, so people can have the events automatically added to their google calendar if they're logged in through google / associated an account.

Possible at all?

It has been almost three months since Jaxel has replied to any questions...is this addon still in development or is it marked as being "finished"?

I've got approx 350 sub forums that I'd like to be listed in the 'Events Forums' lists, so users of each forum can create their own event threads.

Unfortunately when I have them all selected in the options menu I'm getting 745 queries on the 'Post New Event' page, is there any way to optimise this? It seems to add 2 queries per forum.

Does anyone know how I can move the upcoming events block in the forum view directly above the threads so the thread controls are above the upcoming events?​
upcoming events2.webp
Thanks​

Top Bottom