[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Well we have the calendar sidebar blocks so don't really need the event tab at all, I just don't see a switch to turn it off.

Is it possible to completely remove the map/location bit? My use-case doesn't require it, and while I know we can ignore it, I'd rather it not be there to confuse other users.

Server Error

Undefined index: node_id

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbs/Model/ThreadThumbs.php at line 11
  2. Waindigo_ThreadThumbs_Model_ThreadThumbs->getOptionValue() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbs/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php at line 28
  3. Waindigo_ThreadThumbs_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /webcorp1/www/corpusers/f/i/fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/admin.php at line 13

This error has WHAT to do with XenAtendo?

This reminds me if you have this mod installed it is the catchall for blaming things. ( the stepchild )
Which is very odd... Very few of my releases actually change anything built into XenForo; they are almost always ADD-ONs to XenForo; not modifications. XenAtendo is one such mod; it does not change ANYTHING built into XenForo. In fact, I only have ONE mod that changes anything related to XenForo, and that is XenPorta.

Would it be possible to have the option to upload an image from the create event page per chance?

Also would it be possible to get half hour start time slots please? Or if there's a template I can edit to add them myself, let me know which one and I'll try that instead for the time being.

Edit: I found the times in the EWRatendo_EventsCreate template, I was going to add half hour intervals, but I'm not sure if that's possible as these values seem to correlate just to the hours and wouldn't update the minutes?

Code:
                            <option value="12" {$input.time.12}>12:00</option>
                            <option value="01" {$input.time.01}>01:00</option>
                            <option value="02" {$input.time.02}>02:00</option>
                            <option value="03" {$input.time.03}>03:00</option>
                            <option value="04" {$input.time.04}>04:00</option>
                            <option value="05" {$input.time.05}>05:00</option>
                            <option value="06" {$input.time.06}>06:00</option>
                            <option value="07" {$input.time.07}>07:00</option>
                            <option value="08" {$input.time.08}>08:00</option>
                            <option value="09" {$input.time.09}>09:00</option>
                            <option value="10" {$input.time.10}>10:00</option>
                            <option value="11" {$input.time.11}>11:00</option>

Another request here - to do with your upcoming events block in XenPorta, would it be possible to have a setting in the ACP to display a fixed number of events in the block?

This would help with keeping the block the same size for styling the portal as the block size currently varies a fair bit depending on how busy things are.

Would it be possible to have the option to upload an image from the create event page per chance?

Also would it be possible to get half hour start time slots please? Or if there's a template I can edit to add them myself, let me know which one and I'll try that instead for the time being.

Edit: I found the times in the EWRatendo_EventsCreate template, I was going to add half hour intervals, but I'm not sure if that's possible as these values seem to correlate just to the hours and wouldn't update the minutes?

Code:

You could try to replace that code with this (test it on localhost first):
Code:
                            <option value="12.30" {$input.time.1230}>12:30</option>
                            <option value="01.30" {$input.time.0130}>01:30</option>
                            <option value="02.30" {$input.time.0230}>02:30</option>
                            <option value="03.30" {$input.time.0330}>03:30</option>
                            <option value="04.30" {$input.time.0430}>04:30</option>
                            <option value="05.30" {$input.time.0530}>05:30</option>
                            <option value="06.30" {$input.time.0630}>06:30</option>
                            <option value="07.30" {$input.time.0730}>07:30</option>
                            <option value="08.30" {$input.time.0830}>08:30</option>
                            <option value="09.30" {$input.time.0930}>09:30</option>
                            <option value="10.30" {$input.time.1030}>10:30</option>
                            <option value="11.30" {$input.time.1130}>11:30</option>
You'd also need to modify the EWRatendo_EventsEdit template respectively.
If that suits, then you'd also need to make these changes on every style for consistency.

When creating events I set the time to -8 GMT but when they display it says -7 PDT under it, which is incorrect for Pacific Standard Time. What's going on here?

I also think it would be very useful to be able to add different days for the same event and different hours for those different days. I use this to keep track of beer festivals. They're usually Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but the hours Sunday are different than the hours the other two days. Thoughts?

A member set up two daily events for my site, but they kept on displaying twice per day, though not every day. Some days showed 4 events, some showed 2 etc etc. Now I deleted one of the events, and the calendar still shows some (most) days with 3 events. The lightbox popup shows two events, though one shows only 1 event in the lightbox. Both are the exact same event. Not sure if it is the timeframe that is a problem (10am to 8pm), or something else. I have tried running the cron several times, to no avail.

I think the user submitted the events twice, cause the event went into the moderation queue. I deleted the duplicates, but it might seem like the system still "counts" them for some reason. I see that it corrects it self after a bit more than a month, but it is still very strange. I might have deleted the duplicates straight out of the moderation queue as well, though I can't remember if I approved them or not (he is a member of a usergroup that in principle should not be moderated like that, so I was a bit perplexed that I messed up the permissions again).

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.6 CHANGELOG

• JustinTV/TwitchTV jQuery will now pull in the correct number of viewers.
  • Googlemap jQuery will now properly encode URIs.
  • Added an option to enable/disable endless events. Endless events do not have an "expiration", they will run till the end of time. Disabling endless events will force the event creator to set a stop date if they create a recurring event.
  • All new "recurring" events will now have a default "expiration" of 1 year after the creation date. This will make it so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jaxel, when you click on events in the weekly / monthly .. if the event has an associated thread, you get redirected to the thread (if they dont, the event info is still displayed)

However, if the event is old.. it goes to the event page with no event information (just a google map).

Is there a way for old events to keep being directed to the thread version (if there is an associated thread)

Is this a bug, or intentional :S

I dont really see the point of unlinking / stop redirecting to the "useful" information
It seems that the associated thread ids are getting set to 0 (within the database) after a certain time

On my site, I've made it so Threads are always create, yet when I run the following query, many of the older events have a thread id of 0 associated:

Code:
SELECT EWRatendo_events . * , EWRatendo_services . * , EWRatendo_events.service_value2 AS service_value2
FROM EWRatendo_events
LEFT JOIN EWRatendo_services ON ( EWRatendo_services.service_id = EWRatendo_events.service_id )
ORDER BY `EWRatendo_events`.`event_endtime` DESC

An example on Jaxels site

An old event: http://8wayrun.com/events/final-round-xv-funkyp-stream-2.335/
(just the google map)

A newish event: http://8wayrun.com/events/bloody-rabbit-online-psn-soul-calibur-v-25-free-tournament.390/
(contains all the event information)

Something tells me this is due to the EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events :: actionLink
(although I havent yet figured out when this is setting it to 0 yet) For now. I've stuck this in a condition, so that it doesn't update when 0 or empty
Code:
    $db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
        $db->query("
            UPDATE EWRatendo_events SET thread_id = ? WHERE event_id = ?
        ", array($input['thread'], $input['event']));

Top Bottom