[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I found a little bug: If some events start at the same time, just one will be displayed in "upcoming events", the others disappear. In the weekly or monthly display - no problem.
Were you able to find a solution for this bug?

I think there is a setting in user group permissions for that. Not sure tho
No there isn't. The only user group permissions are for creating events and adding an RSVP. You can't display events to only specific user groups.

Would it be possible to add the functionality to display times in the user's time-zone? I have a website that has worldwide membership, so setting meeting times is confusing for some.
I would also really appreciate this function. Is it possible?

I need to be able to set start AND end times. It's little use as is unless something lasts exactly an hour or a whole multiple of that.

I need to be able to set start AND end times. It's little use as is unless something lasts exactly an hour or a whole multiple of that.
Don't expect any changes to this add-on, as Jaxel has previously said:

It's not supported... I have never liked this mod. It was never supposed to be a calendar; just an RSVP system. I was pressured into adding the calendar part by users. I myself am waiting for someone, ANYONE else to make a better calendar/rsvp system so that I can completely abandon this mod on my own forums.

There is this add-on that will give you half hourly intervals but I think that's the best you can hope for:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenatendo-more-by-waindigo.769/

Reactions: Rob
Don't expect any changes to this add-on, as Jaxel has previously said:

There is this add-on that will give you half hourly intervals but I think that's the best you can hope for:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenatendo-more-by-waindigo.769/
Thanks @Martok, I never saw that mod before now :)

[edit - the mod is of no use with the latest version. You can select start times at 15 minute intervals in the latest version. It's the end times I need to be able to set because you can only specify whole hours]

I'd really like to see a better system for this, maybe a croud-fund could give us what we want.
This mod will "do for now", its not brilliant but it serves a minimum purpose. It could be much better but understand Jaxel's reluctance to carry it on.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

when i want to hide the "Event"-Tab in the Navbar, where do i have to insert this code?
I tried in the navigation template and everything is hided but not the event tab.
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
This content will show to logged in members
</xen:if>
This has been asked before - a couple times. But I've found no solution.
What I need to do is hide the Events navigation link from guests.
Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Much appreciation in advance.

J.

This has been asked before - a couple times. But I've found no solution.
What I need to do is hide the Events navigation link from guests.
Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Much appreciation in advance.

J.
add this to your extra.css
Code:
/* no Events tab in navbar */
li.navTab.events{
display: none !important;
}

add this to your extra.css
Code:
li.navTab.events{
}
Thanks @Andy.N
I'm trying to wrap a conditional statement around this:
I've tried both of the following and it doesn't work:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
li.navTab.events{
}
</xen:if>
Code:
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 1}">
li.navTab.events{
}</xen:if>

Is it even possible to use conditionals in the extra.css? I thought yes - but these conditionals aren't working correctly.
Can you suggest a correct conditional so that the link is hidden for guests but shows for logged in users?

J.

It's hard to believe that there is no way to manually set user group permissions to view this addon (display:none or removing the tab is really not a solution). Maybe @Jake Bunce or @Brogan have an idea?

Of course simply hiding the link doesn't really limit access.

I am not familiar with this addon, but if it lacks a proper 'view' permission then you should be able to fill this requirement by modifying the public controller to return a stop message based on your criteria. This requires programming.

Of course simply hiding the link doesn't really limit access.

I am not familiar with this addon, but if it lacks a proper 'view' permission then you should be able to fill this requirement by modifying the public controller to return a stop message based on your criteria. This requires programming.

Great feedback Jake, thanks. Would you be able to point us in the right direction of where to start? Is this difficult to do?

I'm not at all code savvy - so a lot of what you guys have said went waaaaay over my head.

I did manage to find a way to limit access to Xenatendo though. I have the add-on set to load the monthly calendar. So I simply edited the EWRatendo_Monthly template to show an error message unless you are logged in. I also added a conditional to EWRatendo_Monthly so that the subnav menu doesn't show:

calendar.webp

As mentioned earlier - it doesn't limit access to the add-on - but it effectively *hides* the add-on -- you can only access it if you know the specific urls and can't at all access the monthly view unless logged in.

A little dirty - but works for my needs.

J.

Top Bottom