[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I know others have asked, but I figured the more people let @Jaxel know how much the love and need this, the better!

Has this been abandoned, or will it be updated to be 100% compatible with 1.4? I am about to upgrade my forum, and if this add-on is to be no more then I guess now would be a good time to uninstall it and break the bad news to my forum members :(

Thanks.
It's not supported... I have never liked this mod. It was never supposed to be a calendar; just an RSVP system. I was pressured into adding the calendar part by users. I myself am waiting for someone, ANYONE else to make a better calendar/rsvp system so that I can completely abandon this mod on my own forums.

That being said... I see no reason why it wouldn't work with 1.4.

It's not supported... I have never liked this mod. It was never supposed to be a calendar; just an RSVP system. I was pressured into adding the calendar part by users. I myself am waiting for someone, ANYONE else to make a better calendar/rsvp system so that I can completely abandon this mod on my own forums.

Thanks for the reply, I know you're busy with myriad projects! Whilst this will obviously be disappointing for many, at least we know now. Thanks (y)

AndyB has a Calendar and an RSVP system, separately... no where near like this one though....

I am really surprised that this is not more popular...
Everything that it does is great... a few minor issues...
I really like the way that it updates recurring events thread title...

Sorry to see it abandoned, and I also hope that someone makes something like this....

I agree, calender isn't required. I do wish you or someone can take this up. A events mod with RSVP and maps integration is really nice to have. We are also planning to use this. :)

Hi new (just bought yesterday) Xenforo user here.

Anyway... I made a small modification to this plugin, so if anyone else would like to add times to thread titles that this creates, here's how to accomplish that

Code:
Open file /library/EWRatendo/Model/events.php

after this (line 195 iirc)
$threadCity = $input['event_citystate'] ? $input['event_citystate'] : $input['event_venue'];

add
$threadTime = $input['event_time'].":".$input['event_mins']." ".$input['event_ampm'];

and after this (line 203 iirc)
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{location}', $threadCity, $input['thread_title']);

add
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{time}', $threadTime, $input['thread_title']);

After that go to your XenAtendo settings and add {time} to the thread title format. That should be it!

hopefully @Jaxel can add this to future releases :)

Nice one, thanks! I've missed having the time in the Event Thread title so this is great.

One change that I've done is to change the order that those RSVPing appear in. The order defined in XenAtendo is alphabetical. I prefer them listed in order of sign-up, particularly when there's limited places so it's first come first served. It's a simple change to make:

Open file /library/EWRatendo/Model/RSVPs.php

Find
PHP:
ORDER BY xf_user.username

Replace with
PHP:
ORDER BY EWRatendo_rsvps.rsvp_date

I've also edited a couple of other files to change the pop-up tooltips for RSVP comments into comments displayed on the page. The reason for this is members on phones and iPads can't see tooltips due to these devices not having hover on mouseover.

Hopefully @Jaxel can add both of these to the next version of XenAtendo. :)

Thanks so much for these 'tweaks' - the ascending order has worked great, but the 'time in title' one does not seem to be working with the latest XenAtendo/Xenforo - edited the required files and have added {time} under the format (no errors on save), but when looking at it in the Upcoming Events block/Forum/Events page, no time is displayed. Ideas?

A further question I had was if it was at all possible (easily) to edit the 'Maybe' response to something else - my site utilizes this great addon for RSVP to In-Game events, and the only options really are you're there, you're not or you're late - worst case I can have them select Maybe and leave a message with the time of their arrival.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for these 'tweaks' - the ascending order has worked great, but the 'time in title' one does not seem to be working with the latest XenAtendo/Xenforo - edited the required files and have added {time} under the format (no errors on save), but when looking at it in the Upcoming Events block/Forum/Events page, no time is displayed. Ideas?

I'm actually not using that modification anymore, as I needed to save some space on event thread titles, but ran a test on my beta board and it worked fine. So time should show up on thread titles, of course you need to either edit old events and save them again or add new events for the changes to apply.

Great, incredible, super addon. Just installed and it works like a charm, but there is but..i'd like to ask a couple of question:

There's the possibility to have a coming soon event view into the main forum page? Without the needs to be a thread!!!! I own a videogame forum, and soon a site, and i need to show future game releases.
This is to give some idea
Schermata 2014-08-27 alle 12.40.38.webp

It's possible, when RSVP it's not used to have not shown like this? Also not to show attendees field in the same condition.
Schermata 2014-08-27 alle 11.46.47.webp

It's possible to show an image beside the event also when a thread has not been created?
Schermata 2014-08-27 alle 11.47.18.webp

Thanks in advance fort your help.

Great, incredible, super addon. Just installed and it works like a charm, but there is but..i'd like to ask a couple of question:

There's the possibility to have a coming soon event view into the main forum page? Without the needs to be a thread!!!! I own a videogame forum, and soon a site, and i need to show future game releases.
This is to give some idea
View attachment 81970

It's possible, when RSVP it's not used to have not shown like this? Also not to show attendees field in the same condition.
View attachment 81971

It's possible to show an image beside the event also when a thread has not been created?
View attachment 81973

Thanks in advance fort your help.

Unfortunately:
It's not supported...

Hi! @Jaxel I installed this add-on on xf 1.4 and everything is working fine except the message or reply is not being posted even I pressed the "post" button many times. Any advice how to fix it? Thanks! :)

Hi! @Jaxel I installed this add-on on xf 1.4 and everything is working fine except the message or reply is not being posted even I pressed the "post" button many times. Any advice how to fix it? Thanks! :)

It is not suuposed to. Once you hover over the person who is attending you will see the message.

Top Bottom