[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
I believe you set up the forums which can have events in the admin area (/admin.php?options/list/EWRatendo). If you dont use this, then deselect all forums.

I believe you set up the forums which can have events in the admin area (/admin.php?options/list/EWRatendo). If you dont use this, then deselect all forums.

I want to use the forums and I have the forums setup my problem is the "create thread in" tick box and drop down is not available if an event is edited

If an event is edited then the thread is already created. You can easily move the thread within the forum to it's new location and the event will still function as expected (to my knowledge)

If an event is edited then the thread is already created. You can easily move the thread within the forum to it's new location and the event will still function as expected (to my knowledge)

Yes been looking high and low and over complicated myself thinking it was linked but thats why the option to change it doesnt appear cause the post is already created in the respective forum, thanks for your help! (y)

Reactions: Rob
Request User submitted Events only without Threadcreation
I want to let me users submit their events, then my moderators can moderate them before publication. this is working, but with one issue: when a user choose "create thread in event forum x" at eventcreation then the thread is created and public even before moderating.

so it should be, that these threads are in moderation at creation, so only moderators can see the event threads until the event submission is moderated.

and for me very important: i don't want to let users create a thread for their event. they only should be able to create a new calendar entry. so it would be nice if it has a permission "can create a new event thread in event forums" for that in ACP which i won't give to users.

Are these two optimizations possible?

I've tested it before i wrote my post and guests could view the created thread = no moderation.

Great Addon, though on my test site in responsive view everything is messed up?

I am using UI.X Drift theme and running xenforo 1.3.1

Immagine33.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone have success uninstalling this mod? The uninstall routine seems broken.

Get this after waiting a long time:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:
XID: 475686240
Varnish cache server

Plus when you go into admin cp afterwards you see this message:

There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them.

Any idea how to move the Tab at the top? I can't figure it out. I know it's a template edit, but not sure which Tab to move.
Operation Co Op.webp
I want to switch the events and steam tab.

I still have problems with the calendar and the RSVP in forum in responsive view. Will this issue be fixed or should I uninstall this mod. It is great but is not workable if it will never work in responsive view.

@Jaxel removed the block in XenPorta 1.5.8 stating that he would include it in future updates of XenAtendo. To date he has never done this. You will therefore need to download XenPorta 1.5.7 from the link below to get the block from there.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/history

@Martok unfortunately the blocks for showing up events on portal from V1.5.7 doesn't seems to work on portal V1.6.0. Do you have any idea on how to get them to work? It would be really good for me to show upcoming events on the portal.

Small bug: if you go to the first week of the year then it usually has an incorrect title.

For example, the url /events/weekly/1.2015/ will have the title "December 2015" instead of "December 2014".

@Martok unfortunately the blocks for showing up events on portal from V1.5.7 doesn't seems to work on portal V1.6.0. Do you have any idea on how to get them to work? It would be really good for me to show upcoming events on the portal.
They do work - I've just checked on my dev site where I have XenPorta still installed. Make sure you put the XenAtendo block in the same location as the other additional blocks that come with XenPorta (you'll have to look where these are, I can't remember).

These days I have abandoned XenPorta. Instead I use Featured Threads & Portal as my portal page along with Widget Framework and Widget Framework Upcoming XenAtendo Events Widget. A much better and flexible solution for my needs. :)

@Martok thanks for the tipp to copy the .xml files to other directories - I don't know which directory was the right one but it works now :D

The other portal you suggested looks nice, but for the moment I think XenPorta is enough for my needs.

Have a nice weekend :D

Top Bottom