[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Ok i found it after digging. But this is a bit cumbersome. My steps to make it work is:
1. Create event together with making a thread about it.
2. Thread tools > promote to article.
3. Scroll down and remove the custom layout.
4. Save.
Why i didnt get it/find it is because that option is not there when creating a event.
Why would it appear when you are creating an event? Events and Articles are two separate things.

Why would it appear when you are creating an event? Events and Articles are two separate things.
An event is created with a topic to show news on the frontpage.(xenporta's article forum is the same as the place where i put event topics) this way user's are informed when there is a new event. But this topic automaticly got the special article layout. i dont prefer to use this layout and would be way easier to change this when creating a event.

could you also answer the last question from my last post?:)

An event is created with a topic to show news on the frontpage.(xenporta's article forum is the same as the place where i put event topics) this way user's are informed when there is a new event. But this topic automaticly got the special article layout. i dont prefer to use this layout and would be way easier to change this when creating a event.
Don't use the auto-promote feature? The auto-promote feature explicitly states that it will use the default promoted article settings. You don't want your promoted events to use the default promoted article settings, then don't place it in an auto-promote forum, or explicitly define your promote settings for that article.

Articles and Events are two completely different things, from two completely different addons. You're promoting an Event into an Article, and complaining that the Event now looks like an Article... seriously...

Don't use the auto-promote feature? The auto-promote feature explicitly states that it will use the default promoted article settings. You don't want your promoted events to use the default promoted article settings, then don't place it in an auto-promote forum, or explicitly define your promote settings for that article.

Articles and Events are two completely different things, from two completely different addons. You're promoting an Event into an Article, and complaining that the Event now looks like an Article... seriously...
but at that forum its nice and organised to have all the news together instead of 2 different forums for the same purpose. besides, events are auto promoted into news/articles from that forum- But for events i simply dont want to use that article layout while it still appears on the news/article list. sorry if i sound confusing.

but at that forum its nice and organised to have all the news together instead of 2 different forums for the same purpose. besides, events are auto promoted into news/articles from that forum- But for events i simply dont want to use that article layout while it still appears on the news/article list. sorry if i sound confusing.
Then explicitly define your promote settings for that article... as I said.

And even if you have a news forum, doesn't mean you have to use the auto-promote feature. I have a news forum on my website, and I dont use the auto-promote feature.

Then explicitly define your promote settings for that article... as I said.

And even if you have a news forum, doesn't mean you have to use the auto-promote feature. I have a news forum on my website, and I dont use the auto-promote feature.
how? i dont think i can edit that settings from the event. there is no promote settings when creating an event. i have to do it after creating that event and topic that is automaticly created. (because i want it to be created but not auto promoted). yes, i know the forum promoted all other threads automaticly and i like it, i just wish to disable this for events since the layout is bad for me anyway.

Anyhow its works and i found out, i can make it look like a normal layout although cumersome :) i can work with this at least :)
The widget for upcoming events, could you make this also adjust to a user's set timezone, or tell me how if possible?

awesome plugin, it's been working great so far. i'm curious though, i noticed there is an option to 'edit event image' in the event tools dropdown menu after an event is created. unfortunately, I don't see that option when actually creating the event. did i mess up a setting somewhere?

second, is there a widget of some kind I can put in my sidebar to display upcoming events? thanks!

awesome plugin, it's been working great so far. i'm curious though, i noticed there is an option to 'edit event image' in the event tools dropdown menu after an event is created. unfortunately, I don't see that option when actually creating the event. did i mess up a setting somewhere?

second, is there a widget of some kind I can put in my sidebar to display upcoming events? thanks!
xenporta 2 includes a widget for "upcoming events". it does not edit the time to the user's timezone though, like the rest of this tweak does. it also needs some minutes before it activates after making a event. but you can select the time when it displays an event and works well.

xenporta 2 includes a widget for "upcoming events". it does not edit the time to the user's timezone though, like the rest of this tweak does. it also needs some minutes before it activates after making a event. but you can select the time when it displays an event and works well.

hmm, i'm using widget framework, but i was able to get the two to work together before (with xenporta 1) so i'll give it a try. i'm okay with the timezones displaying as they do by default (makes more sense to me) but thank you for the info!

@Jaxel upon further investigation, it seems that the 'edit event image' option is broken. i can upload an image, but that first image is stuck there. if i click 'edit event image' again, the image will not update even if i choose a different image. even if i delete the image, then try to upload another image after that, the original image pops up again.

@Jaxel upon further investigation, it seems that the 'edit event image' option is broken. i can upload an image, but that first image is stuck there. if i click 'edit event image' again, the image will not update even if i choose a different image. even if i delete the image, then try to upload another image after that, the original image pops up again.
Hit CTRL+F5. The system works fine, you just keep loading the cached image.

i'm also getting an error sometimes, that maybe is related to xenatendo 2.
#0 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `EWRaten...', Array)
#3 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1640): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('EWRatendo2_even...', Array, 'event_id = 16')
#4 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1609): XenForo_DataWriter->_update()
#5 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/cct/public_html/library/EWRatendo2/Model/Threads.php(103): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/cct/public_html/library/EWRatendo2/Model/Threads.php(131): EWRatendo2_Model_Threads->updateThread(Array)
#8 /home/cct/public_html/library/EWRatendo2/CronEntry/Threads.php(7): EWRatendo2_Model_Threads->updateThreadTitles()
#9 [internal function]: EWRatendo2_CronEntry_Threads::update(Array)
#10 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#11 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#12 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#13 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#14 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#15 /home/cct/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#16 {main}

@Jaxel i'd like to make a suggestion. today i was thinking it would be really cool to see a google map of all events in the calendar! so you could see where all events were going down in the USA or whatever (i run a travel website). anyways, just throwing it out there for consideration :)

Whats the error? This is just the stack trace.
this happens every day at 6am.
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '0' for key 'thread_id' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://www.cupcakethunder.eu/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/index.php?calendar/1998.114/day"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

When setting a repeat occurrence to every

• of the month, for {X} times:
The repeat occurrences change time to start at midnight

I am casting a wish that would help the recurring events to would show a bit more clearly in default installation: I would move recurring events more to the right so they would show nicely as follow-ups to the original event.

move.webp

Top Bottom