[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo 2 (Events) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 CHANGELOG

• Added support for national holidays. These holiday lists come from google's API, so it requires an API key.
  • Added support for XenForo's session activity system.
  • You can now export occurrences directly to google calendar. Be warned however that this export does not respect time zones.
  • You can now set an option to require an event thread.
  • Put in some error checking for google api connections.
  • BUG FIX: fixed an error related to longitudes and latitudes missing....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Clarification: If I'm running XenPorta2, AND XenAtendo, is that "upcoming events" widget included/functional as a part of XenPorta2?

That's what we're currently running (XP2 and XA1) but we also have the WF Upcoming XenAtnedo Events Widget installed, but I'm not sure that we're actually using it, or if we are using the one that comes with XP2...

Ok I just noticed that the widget XenAtendo: Upcoming Events is included with XP2. So now the question becomes, will there be one for XA2: UE as a part of XP2 or separate, or what. I know nothing about coding widgets so I'm hoping someone will!!

@Jaxel I get this error when i will install the latest version:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 4 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Ok I just noticed that the widget XenAtendo: Upcoming Events is included with XP2. So now the question becomes, will there be one for XA2: UE as a part of XP2 or separate, or what. I know nothing about coding widgets so I'm hoping someone will!!
I will be making one soon.

Can you turn off the Address/Map stuff to make this Events in Games only?
Edit the templates to remove the form field for the address stuff.

@Jaxel I get this error when i will install the latest version:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 4 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Where are you getting this error?

@Jaxel I already buy and install this XenAtendo2. I need to repeat events "every 2nd Sunday of each month"... Can be added in a future version?

@Jaxel I already buy and install this XenAtendo2. I need to repeat events "every 2nd Sunday of each month"... Can be added in a future version?
From a user interface perspective, the form that I would have to display to the users for them to choose timings of such a fashion would be super confusing to the end users. My goal with these interfaces is to make them as simple as possible, so as to not invite errors from users who can't figure it out. Adding such a system would be extremely problematic in that regard.

So no, I probably wont be adding such a feature. You would have to add the occurrences manually. But its not that hard, since you really only need to do it once a month.

Last edited:
From a user interface perspective, the form that I would have to display to the users for them to choose timings of such a fashion would be super confusing to the end users. My goal with these interfaces is to make them as simple as possible, so as to not invite errors from users who can't figure it out. Adding such a system would be extremely problematic in that regard.
I love user interface experiences that have an 'Advanced' functionality that you click and it expands/reveals advanced features. That solves both issues :)
Just like when using XF search - you get the basic options, or click More to reveal the Advanced search options.

Yeah confuse me all you want Jaxel! ;)
I love user interface experiences that have an 'Advanced' functionality that you click and it expands/reveals advanced features. That solves both issues :)
Just like when using XF search - you get the basic options, or click More to reveal the Advanced search options.

Untitled-1.webp

Top Bottom