• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is possible. I have many different news modules running on my site. You have to open the xml and change theses settings adding the #1 after recentnews:
  1. RecentNews1
  2. recentnews1_forum
  3. recentnews1_limit
  4. recentnews1_truncate
  5. recentnews1_social
  6. recentnews1_pagenav
  7. recentnews1_leftdate
  8. EWRblock_RecentNews1
  9. EWRblock_RecentNews1.css
  10. $RecentNews1
  11. EWRblock_RecentNews1.css"
  12. After making changes to the xml save RecentNews1.xml but don't upload yet.
  13. If you want more then one news module change the 1 to a 2 and so forth for each module.
Now you have to open /library/EWRPorta/Block/RecentNews.php / Make a copy and then rename RecentNews.php to RecentNews1.php. Open RecentNews1.php and change class EWRporta_Block_RecentNews extends XenForo_Model to class EWRporta_Block_RecentNews1 extends XenForo_Model. Save and Exit. Make sure you have the RecentNews1.php uploaded to /library/EWRporta/Block. After making sure this is uploaded you can upload your xml into the blocks section of the admin area. Hope this helps.

Itworx4me

It works, but page navigation doesn't, if i click on page 2-3-etc. or i click next i'm still on page 1 even if the url displays otherwise.

Hi there,

is it possible to change the <title> Tag of the Portal-Page? Right now it's the same as for Forums. If the BB is named "Board", the frontpage and the forums got "Board" as <title> Tag. It would make sense to adapt that, also regarding SEO. Would be great if someone has an idea on how to achieve that.

Kind Regards
Andreas

Is there a secret to actually setting the portal up to where to can create articles? Maybe I'm designing my layout wrong or something but it will have "ARTICLE" as the main block and I'll save it but then nothing shows on the front page? Do you have to set an ID?

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I noticed that too. But I'm sure XenForo has Tabs here

http://xenforo.com/community/js/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js?_v=4bb52252

Line 1345

Code:
a.fn.tabs = function(c, b) { var d = this.data("tabs"); d && (d.destroy(), this.removeData("tabs")); a.isFunction(b) && (b = { onBeforeClick: b }); b = a.extend({}, a.tools.tabs.conf, b); this.each(function() { d = new q(a(this), c, b); a(this).data("tabs", d) }); return b.api ? d : this }
Hello Jaxel, any words on this? A guy kept asking me about this :)

This should be fairly easy and obvious but it's escaping me. How can I make the Forums/categories my main landing page with the slider up top. I'm afraid many would be visitors aren't willing to start clicking around and seeing the forums.

This is great...

How do I set up my portal layout so that it has two sections (main content on left, sidebar on right)

RIght now, it's split into three sections

ALso, I have a custom style and the xenporta front end admin sections aren't displaying... Are there some direct links you can give me to access these ?

This is great...

How do I set up my portal layout so that it has two sections (main content on left, sidebar on right)

RIght now, it's split into three sections

Put your "left side" content in the center, and leave the left side empty. The center content will fill both center and left positions.

ALso, I have a custom style and the xenporta front end admin sections aren't displaying... Are there some direct links you can give me to access these ?

All of the Admin functions for the latest version are in the ACP.

How do I separate out the CSS so that I can have the category strip title code for the news title and not share the subheading code that is shared between the news title and the date and time posted ???

I am helping a website owner who has an issue with the Recent Threads block. He has deselected a particular forum so articles should NOT appear as recent threads. Even so, articles from this forum are appearing in the Recent Threads block.

The name of the forum section is "366 Project - 2012". The threads in this forum are named "[username] 366 Project - 2012" so they are easy to spot.

The site was just upgraded to XF 1.1 a week ago, at which time XenPorta was uninstalled and updated to 1.5.1. I also tried clearing all the XF cache along with turning the block cache time on and off. No matter what action I take, threads from this forum section still appear on the portal page.

Website URL is: www.mobitog.com

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

XenPorta-1.webpXenPorta-2.webp

I am helping a website owner who has an issue with the Recent Threads block. He has deselected a particular forum so articles should NOT appear as recent threads. Even so, articles from this forum are appearing in the Recent Threads block.

The name of the forum section is "366 Project - 2012". The threads in this forum are named "[username] 366 Project - 2012" so they are easy to spot.

The site was just upgraded to XF 1.1 a week ago, at which time XenPorta was uninstalled and updated to 1.5.1. I also tried clearing all the XF cache along with turning the block cache time on and off. No matter what action I take, threads from this forum section still appear on the portal page.

Website URL is: www.mobitog.com

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 23450View attachment 23449
Deselect the forum "Projects", and select the subforum "The Mobitog.com 52 - 2012" only. Save it. Clear the cache if needed. That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom