• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have top-left and top-right for the position of the blocks. Is there a way I can make the top a single block instead of two individual left/right blocks?
If I get your post right, you should move your top blocks to top-right and they will expand to the left.

Maybe this has been already answered. Why do i get the Portal displayed in every browser except Chrome and ChromPlus?!
Try it at www.brainlag.eu
no problems here (i think). Chrome and IE9 are showing an empty xenForo page with ads above and below the copyright.

no problems here (i think). Chrome and IE9 are showing an empty xenForo page with ads above and below the copyright.

But thats exactly the Prob ;) There schould be no empty Page. In FireFox i have Portal Site with all Blocks (Top Slider, middle Recent News, bottom FB and Twitter)
But in Chrome its empty....

But thats exactly the Prob ;) There schould be no empty Page. In FireFox i have Portal Site with all Blocks (Top Slider, middle Recent News, bottom FB and Twitter)
But in Chrome its empty....
Sorry but I think you are not logged in as admin at your chrome.. because:
Unregistered, I don't see anything (except the copyright of jaxel, ads and the sidebar - as mentioned earlier) with IE9, fx 9.0.1 and chrome 16
Registered, I see the same as unregistered...

Edit: as user, I have the right to customize the portal. is this intentional?

What exactly do you mean? On my iPad I see the sidebar but you have no active modules in the main section... Are you meant to have?

I'd suggest that maybe you've selected to customise the portal page just for yourself...?

Just to be clear

Customise This Page is available to every user to customise the blocks how they want (assuming you ave set permissions)

To set the default that everyone sees you need to go into the xenporta layout options in the ACP.

I think you've done the former, not the latter :-)

@ Daniel: I work quit a long time with the portal now, Rights are set correctly, i am no idiot.
I have set the rights that everyone can see all modules i added. Also if i am logged in as Admin i dont see them, just in Firefox....

Hmm and that is weird now. Logged in as admin "Costumizing This Page" and no modules are added just the Sidebar ones
Logged in with Firefox and "Costumizing This Page" and all Modules are added........
Maybe i need to drink something....

Here are some screens

Firefox
Fx.webp

Chrome
chrome.webp

No Changes have been done while the Screens taken, no rights were changed.

@ Daniel: I work quit a long time with the portal now, Rights are set correctly, i am no idiot.
I have set the rights that everyone can see all modules i added. Also if i am logged in as Admin i dont see them, just in Firefox....

Hmm and that is weird now. Logged in as admin "Costumizing This Page" and no modules are added just the Sidebar ones
Logged in with Firefox and "Costumizing This Page" and all Modules are added........

Here are some screens

Firefox
View attachment 23566

Chrome
View attachment 23567

Click "REVERT ALL" on the bottom. You customized your page on one of your browsers, thats why it looks different.

Here are some screens

Firefox
View attachment 23566

Chrome
View attachment 23567

Hmm I don't think you're an ideot ;) mistakes (as well as interpretation as misconfiguration) can happen and I'm sorry for that, because I never used the portal for that scenario. (I also didn't know that this configuration is possible)
Probbably in your scenario, the page settings are saved as a cookie. that would explain it.
Edit: ah jaxel already replied.

Hi,
I am currently having problems un-installing and upgrading XenPorta. I was using Xenporta in the past but left it a while ago for another option at the time. I am now trying to go back to it but am having a lot of trouble upgrading from the version which I am running to the newest version. To upgrade from the version I am using I need to uninstall then install again. So when I try to uninstall XenPorta I get this error;
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'gamingv1_community.EWRporta_blocks' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 7
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getAllBlocks() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 161
EWRporta_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 156
EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gamingv1/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

I have seen similar posts were this has happened and people have said thjat you should try doing a manual un-install of XenPorta. So this is what I have done; I have removed all XenPorta files and also dropped all the tables relating to XenPorta. This to has not worked.
Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Maybe this has been already answered. Why do i get the Portal displayed in every browser except Chrome and ChromPlus?!
Try it at www.brainlag.eu

FWIW I see an empty portal page there, with a countdown timer and donation module on the side.

On a sidenote, could you PC me (in order not to derail the thread) how you got that translation bar in your navigation menu? I'd be very intetrested in such a system :)

I have seen similar posts were this has happened and people have said thjat you should try doing a manual un-install of XenPorta. So this is what I have done; I have removed all XenPorta files and also dropped all the tables relating to XenPorta. This to has not worked.
Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

If you have removed all the files, an uninstall would not work properly. Have you tried upgrading the add-on after you removed all the files and database tables?

I.e. You deleted everything, then you uploaded the new version, and attempted to upgrade the add-on from within the Admin CP.

[quote="SchmitzIT, post: 312731, member: 1984]"Have you tried upgrading the add-on after you removed all the files and database tables?[/quote]
I tried this but it says;
The specified add-on is already installed. Please use the upgrade page if you would like to upgrade it.
When I try to update it it says;
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Both are answers that I was expecting. Any ideas from here....

Hi, i installed this add-on my website and is still awesome. I had a question about categories and rewrite urls:

I have my forum with "Set as index controller". For example, i want one forum to be the "news" article system, but i dont want to see this when someone clicks on the news:

www.domain.com/threads/any-news.913

instead, i want to see this:

www.domain.com/news/any-news.913

or also for example this:

www.domain.com/news/weather/any-news.913 (imagine is a new in category weather)

(I see in 8wayrun that when you click on any new you see for example this:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/hate-speech-hands-on.9547/

and not something like:

http://8wayrun.com/articles/hate-speech-hands-on.9547/

or

http://8wayrun.com/articles/hate-speech/hate-speech-hands-on.9547/

)

Can this be achieved by actual XenPorta 1.5.1 ?

Click "REVERT ALL" on the bottom. You customized your page on one of your browsers, thats why it looks different.

Still not working... I have to set the Blocks over "Costumize This Page" in each Browser to see everything i set. If i just costumize it in Forefox i see them just in Firefox, if i costumize them in Chrome only i just see the blocks there and so on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom