• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many forums can the recent news block pull in? Is there a limit? Also can we set up different sections pulling feeds from different forums? That way we can create "articles" inside a forum and make the portal page look like a magazine layout pulling from different "forum" "categories". Hence a CMS!!!

Ok, I give up and ask for help.

For the life of me I can't get my block to work with the 1.5.1.
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block block_id="TS3Viewer" title="TS3 Viewer" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options>
    <option option_id="ts3_title" edit_format="textbox" data_type="string" display_order="1">
      <option_value>Nomadi TS3 Server Status</option_value>
      <edit_format_params></edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <title>TS3 Block Title</title>
      <explain><![CDATA[]]></explain>
    </option>
    <option option_id="ts3_url" edit_format="textbox" data_type="string" display_order="110">
      <option_value>http://myurl/TSViewer.php</option_value>
      <title>TS3 Viewer URL to fetch</title>
    </option>
    <option option_id="ts3_config" edit_format="textbox" data_type="string" display_order="111">
      <option_value>default</option_value>
      <title>TS3 Viewer config to use</title>
    </option>
  </options>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_ts3b1"><![CDATA[<xen:require css="EWRblock_ts3.css" />

<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent ts3" id="ts3">
        <h3>{$option.title}</h3>
        <iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="0" src="{option.url}?config={option.config}"></iframe>
    </div>
</div>
    ]]></template>
    <template title="EWRblock_ts3.css"><![CDATA[/*empty*/]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

What it happens is that the block isn't displayed at all. It loads fine. but does not renders on the portal page.

I used the Amazon.xml as a canvas. Amazon.xml is correctly rendered. If I were to "export" the block. Amazon's exports all contents, templates included. My block DOES NOT export templates, still they are in the DB and shown by Xenforo.

This issue is probably at the heart of the fact that I am not able to disinstall all compnents of the block: it is like EWRPorta does not KNOW what is the content of the block. I am running Xenforo 1.1.0.

FIXED IT
The issue was in the template naming. I figured put that the first one should be EWRblock_{idofblock}

Jaxel, I just upgraded to the newest XF version yesterday and afterwards the forum crashed. Andrej did a full backup restore for me and it worked for a few hours but this morning the forum crashed again. I tried disabling your portal but it won't make a difference. When I go to the forum tab I get this message. Someone suggested that something is wrong with the portal. Strange thing is if someone on the home page clicks on a thread they can go to it fine, it's just the actual forum tab page that wont' load. I have you 1.5.0 version. Do you see anything that relates to your portal?

Server Error

Undefined index: last_post_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Abstract.php at line 129
  2. XenForo_NodeHandler_Abstract->_getForumLikePushableData() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Forum.php at line 46
  3. XenForo_NodeHandler_Forum->getPushableDataForNode() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 645
  4. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 640
  5. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 612
  6. XenForo_Model_Node->pushNodeDataUpTree() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 758
  7. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 28
  8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 9
  9. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/corefree/public_html/index.php at line 13

I am having the same issue.

Blueprint4Love, have you been able to resolve this?

I am having the same issue.

Blueprint4Love, have you been able to resolve this?

Yes, but sadly it required a new build of columns (not what I'm talking about) and only Mike could do it. Even after we did a full backup restore the 5 elements were still missing. Mike said that it can only happen if someone manually deletes them but I wouldn't even know where to delete these things. He ended up having to manually rebuild them. :( I'm really glad I picked XF - the support is A+. I hope you get it resolved!

I think I'll await some comments from Jaxel on any compatibility issues between XenPorta 1.5.1 and the latest XF before I update. ;)

Just got some "cold feet" when seeing the post above from Thursday. ;)

This isn't a problem with 1.1 or any version. Please read more than half a page. She has been working on doing some custom programming and writing her own modules etc super user things. Nothing that affects the average user that wishes to use this with the pre-made modules.

Would it be possible to modify the recent slider to only show the big image without the 5 or so previews of other slides? If so, anyone able to let me know how to go about that? Thanks! :)

Would it be possible to modify the recent slider to only show the big image without the 5 or so previews of other slides? If so, anyone able to let me know how to go about that? Thanks! :)
Try using this in EXTRA.css template of your style.
Code:
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item:last-child { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title { display: none !important; }

Salud2

This isn't a problem with 1.1 or any version. Please read more than half a page. She has been working on doing some custom programming and writing her own modules etc super user things. Nothing that affects the average user that wishes to use this with the pre-made modules.

Actually, I've read every page in this thread and must have overlooked something. I do not see a description of her specific situation other than the vague references mentioned Thursday about her 1.1 update and the possible portal clash.

I could not find what you're talking about inside this thread, so I must be fried from the holidays. ;) In any case, thanks for the information. Updated, and all is well!

Hello,

I attempted to uninstall 1.4.4 so I can update to the current version. When I tried to uninstall I received the following error message: "Error

The requested template could not be found."
I am able to disable the add-on but not uninstall it. Any suggestions on what steps I can take to uninstall?

Hello,

I attempted to uninstall 1.4.4 so I can update to the current version. When I tried to uninstall I received the following error message: "Error

The requested template could not be found."
I am able to disable the add-on but not uninstall it. Any suggestions on what steps I can take to uninstall?
I had the same problem too, Ryan.

Luckily, a fix is posted here by Darq, which worked for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom