• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has worked just fine for me on latest version of XenPorta and latest XenForo!

Unless you have an unusual configuration, I think you'll be just fine.

Hi, I just installed the portal and played around with it for a bit. How do I remove the avatar on "recent news" and replace it with specific images? Thanks.

Also, does anybody know how to get this http://xenforo.com/community/threads/gp-steam-stats.7452/ onto the xenportal?

Sorry dude your gonna to have to read this thread start about page 155 or so....Your asking the most asked question. (hint rename any image to slider.jpg and size it to 500x250)....and what avatar?

Sorry dude your gonna to have to read this thread start about page 155 or so....Your asking the most asked question. (hint rename any image to slider.jpg and size it to 500x250)....and what avatar?
Thanks for the reply. And the avatar that I'm talking about is the avatar of the user who made the news post showing up on the front page portal for each news post that they made.

What do you mean by specific image? As in a single image all the time or a different one for each post? By default it'll display the avatar unless you attach an image to a post. If theres an attachment, that'll be displayed.

What do you mean by specific image? As in a single image all the time or a different one for each post? By default it'll display the avatar unless you attach an image to a post. If theres an attachment, that'll be displayed.
I meant different one for each post. So I just attach an image and it'll replace the avatar? Thanks a lot. :)

Thanks for the reply. And the avatar that I'm talking about is the avatar of the user who made the news post showing up on the front page portal for each news post that they made.

Dude apologies my bad I thought you where referring to the slider that pulls the images from recent news I super apologize. There is a "recent news 2 module" that allows you to replace the avatar with an image. Unfortunately it's just a single image for every news story. Or a copy of the embedded image.

It replaces the avatar with an image if one is attached by default. Check the template for the logic in dispaying the attachment, slide.jpg, avatar, etc

It replaces the avatar with an image if one is attached by default. Check the template for the logic in dispaying the attachment, slide.jpg, avatar, etc
Ah okay, thanks for the help. I'll go read up on that. :)

Edit: How do I remove the item content and the board title on the portal index page only?

Attachments

• itemcontent.webp
    itemcontent.webp
    7 KB · Views: 26
Edit: How do I remove the item content and the board title on the portal index page only?

There is an option called something like "break out from content container" located in XenPorta - Options which should do what you are looking for.

I am running into a problem.

I want to use the Article view, on another section of my forum. So I enabled the Article View in Options, and then went to layout and selected Article as the layout type and entered my node id (which was a category) .... Problem is, that it is not working.

So I am wondering how can this be really done ? I did do this by adding all the forums in the Recent News block, problem is now that first of all I would need to select the forum everytime I make a new forum, as well as that it shows up in the Recent News.

So how can this really be done, the layout system is not working for me, I have added those two hooks at the bottom of thread_view and forum_view. So I now have no idea on how to get this to work. I really need this working, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, is this mod OK to use? The errors have me concerned and I don't understand all of this.
Yes its fine to use, there was just an issue with v1.4.4 and upgrading to the latest. But if youve never used it then you will have no problems. Its a great mod. Example @ mmazone.com.au

I have searched the thread and everything, but is there a way to make the date show up in the bottom of the articles instead of a big fat square as it is now?
Something like wireforums.com has?

Skärmavbild 2011-12-29 kl. 14.28.27.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom