• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jaxel..
  1. this guide does take the thumbnails out but still leaves a space..
  2. and there is this extension of the line from the slider
How can i fix this? Plz help

ok, I'm totally winging it so don't know if this will achieve what you want.

You have your slider set up the opposite side as Jaxel so perhaps you should try this code in EXTRA.css instead. It will remove the space where the thumbnail was, but you will likely have to adjust the size of the slider again to get the nav boxes lined up on the right side.

Code:
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { display: none; }
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title { margin-left: 0px !important; }

For the line below that you refer to, that is part of the summary panel. You could add this to EXTRA.css and adjust the width percentage to where you want it.(you will have to play around with it a bit to get it just right)

Code:
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-panel .summary { width: 100% !important; }

That's this rookie's best shot at it. ;)

Recent Slider module doesn't work in IE 9 and page very bad? I think, it's a big problem because many people using IE 9 and I don't know how to resolve them. Does anyone has the same problem? What has happened to make portal so bad in IE 9?

ddmmh is right. There is a missing div tag in the HTML block that has been shared previously.

Try this one.
Thanks for the replies. However, I'm fairly confident it is NOT a missing div tag in the HTML block. To test this, I took the Sidebar Ad block which works perfectly in the sidebar and I tried putting it in in the main section of blocks in the layout and the same thing occurred. It breaks up all of my customizations. That doesn't seem to make sense that they would work perfectly fine in the sidebar but they break up all of the custom code in the main section of the portal.

I have another question as well. I notice that the recentSlider in the portal is enclosed in a .section. I'd like to add a row of content below the slider inside of that section. How would I go about doing this? I'm assuming that I'd need to add some php in order to do this, just not sure what or quite sure where it would go. Thanks.

My forums are installed on /forum/

How do I get the portal to load on /index.php? When they click forums, I want them to be redirected to /forum/

Also how do I get recent news displayed, when installed, it just shows blank page.

How do I get the portal to load on /index.php? When they click forums, I want them to be redirected to /forum/
Also how do I get recent news displayed, when installed, it just shows blank page.

If you install Xenforo in the root and install XenPorta, the Portal page will load to /index.php and the forums will load to /forum

The Recent News block defaults to a cache time of 1hr I believe. Select the forum to pull from then turn off caching and see if posts from the selected forum show up.

All these can be fixed in the adminCP.

Go to XenPorta options in the adminCP options section and tick 'Set as index controller'

Recent news block needs to point to a forum for it to retrieve news from, you need to define this in the block options, and check the cache times like adgsteve said

Hi.

i have a picture placement problem about recentslider addon. Some pictures doesn't look good enough. Like that:

slider.webp
slider 2.webp

Orijinal pictures:
http://www.fikircephesi.com/attachments/slide-jpg.148/
http://www.fikircephesi.com/attachments/slide-jpg.147/

How can i move up the pictures a bit more? is that possible to set vertically centered this pictures?

And i want to ask, are you planning to develop this addon to take the pics from first image of the topic instead of slide.jpg ? I don't want my ftp account fill up with slide jpegs. Maybe there would be a thick for "publish in slider" when we open a new thread. Thanks.

If you install Xenforo in the root and install XenPorta, the Portal page will load to /index.php and the forums will load to /forum

The Recent News block defaults to a cache time of 1hr I believe. Select the forum to pull from then turn off caching and see if posts from the selected forum show up.
Thanks, it works, but not my forum page. Now it redirects to index.php?forum/... Getting closer.

Ok, I need some help with ArticleView. What am I doing wrong and why don't I see it? I checked the box in XenPorta options for the Globalized Custom Layout. I then added 'article' to Customized Layouts. I now need help figuring out how to create a new forum for articles in article view. I can't seem to find how this is done. Thanks.

Ok, I need some help with ArticleView. What am I doing wrong and why don't I see it? I checked the box in XenPorta options for the Globalized Custom Layout. I then added 'article' to Customized Layouts. I now need help figuring out how to create a new forum for articles in article view. I can't seem to find how this is done. Thanks.

The recentnews forum (set via the recentnews block options) is how you set the article forum.

Woops, go figure, it was already done and I didn't even notice it.

Wow, this is AWESOME. I was looking at a Wordpress bridge but there is absolutely no need now. All I need to do is now style this node to look like a wordpress article.

Ok, my next question is (and this is probably a dumb one, but I'm going to ask anyways), how do I now make it so that it only shows an article teaser and so that only premium members can leave comments? Also, is it possible to have different permissions for different articles within a node? Meaning, could I have one free article where anyone can comment and then the next article be a premium one where only subscribers can leave a comment?

thanks for all of the help.

Woops, go figure, it was already done and I didn't even notice it.

Wow, this is AWESOME. I was looking at a Wordpress bridge but there is absolutely no need now. All I need to do is now style this node to look like a wordpress article.

Ok, my next question is (and this is probably a dumb one, but I'm going to ask anyways), how do I now make it so that it only shows an article teaser and so that only premium members can leave comments? Also, is it possible to have different permissions for different articles within a node? Meaning, could I have one free article where anyone can comment and then the next article be a premium one where only subscribers can leave a comment?

thanks for all of the help.
You can have the RecentNews block pull from two different forums... on one of the forums, only premiums can reply, while the other is open.

Hi.

i have a picture placement problem about recentslider addon. Some pictures doesn't look good enough. Like that:

Edit your photo in a graphic editing program. ( I just use a simple basic one like paint.net) (free from download.com or other places)
Set the canvas size to the slider image size 500 x 250 then paste your image onto the blank canvas and zoom in and out to manipulate your photo to get your image looking to your satisfaction and better fit your slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom