• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a problem!
I was gonna install the newest version, but before uninstalling the add-on from the admin first, I deleted all the files via FTP first... So how do I go about fixing this now?

I was able to use the portal sidebar in threads list without template edits with the previous version but now I have to the edit the forum_view template. It was possible before but why not now? I hate template edits :)

Thanks.

Hi :)

I love the xenporta module (thanks) - and have installed it on different forums.

But I have a small issue in one of the forums.

I ckecked and the Portal versions are the same - so that can't be it. I didn't change anything in the portal templates. Everything has been added to the Extra - but that was after importing and the issue has been there from the beginning (and only some color changes in the bar).

The issue is, that the numbers in the date is standing under each other instead of next to each other on www.cyreneforum.com /style: Planet Cyrene:
portal_2.webp

We also installed it on www.schmitzit.com/forums - and here it looks all fine:

Portal_1.webp

Any suggestions? I feel I'm going crazy here and I'm all out of ideas lol

Thanks =)
Lykke

Hello, I have a problem!
I was gonna install the newest version, but before uninstalling the add-on from the admin first, I deleted all the files via FTP first... So how do I go about fixing this now?

If you still have a copy of the files on your hard drive just re-upload them. If not, you'll have to find someone that still has the files for that version.

Is there any way to create a separate portal page, and fill it with blocks.

And is there any way to duplicate blocks?

I really want to create a page but have a different recent news block from the front page - so it just brings in articles in date order from the articles forum. Then this can be an "articles page".

Hi :)

I love the xenporta module (thanks) - and have installed it on different forums.

But I have a small issue in one of the forums.

I ckecked and the Portal versions are the same - so that can't be it. I didn't change anything in the portal templates. Everything has been added to the Extra - but that was after importing and the issue has been there from the beginning (and only some color changes in the bar).

The issue is, that the numbers in the date is standing under each other instead of next to each other on www.cyreneforum.com /style: Planet Cyrene:
View attachment 21755

We also installed it on www.schmitzit.com/forums - and here it looks all fine:

View attachment 21754

Any suggestions? I feel I'm going crazy here and I'm all out of ideas lol

Thanks =)
Lykke

It's wrapping as it's too big for the box. You need to make the date box slightly bigger or the font slightly smaller.

Yes... simply create a new layout (you wont have access to the "middle" row). You can name the layout whatever you want. Additional layouts can then be accessed directly from /portal/{layout}/index.

IE: http://8wayrun.com/portal/article/index
Thanks for your help Jaxel but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. I've created a new layout but now I'm not sure how to access this new page. Also if I can't duplicate the recent news block, it won't do what I require anyway.

I just need a page with recent news block from the articles forum, which doesn't interfere with my front page (which has recent news coming from the announcements forum). Then I can create an extra tab in the menu and link to this new "articles page".

Thanks for your help Jaxel but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. I've created a new layout but now I'm not sure how to access this new page. Also if I can't duplicate the recent news block, it won't do what I require anyway.

I just need a page with recent news block from the articles forum, which doesn't interfere with my front page (which has recent news coming from the announcements forum). Then I can create an extra tab in the menu and link to this new "articles page".

This might help you :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-module-add-ons.7611/page-32#post-288832

Is there any way to make the contents of a specific post appear in a block?

Specifically I'd like to create a new layout where the middle column is the contents of a specific post (basically giving our mods an easy ability to edit it's contents)

Yes... simply create a new layout (you wont have access to the "middle" row). You can name the layout whatever you want. Additional layouts can then be accessed directly from /portal/{layout}/index.

IE: http://8wayrun.com/portal/article/index

When I go to customize new layout it asks for a type. What should the layout type be? Article, Index or something else? I assume Index out of the options given but I'm not sure if it should be any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom