• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks ddmmh, but I can't quite figure out from that post how to add a block to the xenporta portal. It's more of a thread on how to change wording within a block that is already there.

When I go to AP/XenPortaBlocks/ and then click on Install a Block it asks me to upload a file from my computer or the server. But I have no idea what to install.

Does anyone know how to install a simple 'block' into the sidebar where I can put some html code?

Thanks ddmmh, but I can't quite figure out from that post how to add a block to the xenporta portal. It's more of a thread on how to change wording within a block that is already there.

When I go to AP/XenPortaBlocks/ and then click on Install a Block it asks me to upload a file from my computer or the server. But I have no idea what to install.

Does anyone know how to install a simple 'block' into the sidebar where I can put some html code?

The actual block is a few posts up from that in the xenporta module add-ons thread here -
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-module-add-ons.7611/page-32#post-288841

Oh cool, adgsteve, now I figured out what all the talk is about 'homer simpson' being in the block. Now it makes sense! :-) Thank you. Now will try to change that booger. :-)

See http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-161#post-284494
Put your HTML code and save the file with .xml extension. Import from acp - home - xenporta - blocks list - install block.
Press Install button.
Next, go to ACP - Xenporta - Portal Layout - put new block in sidebar and save changes.

Enjoy

Salud2

I was so proud of myself to getting the extra block installed, even added some floating marquis scroll bar, you can see it here in the sidebar, bottom where the two widgets are flashing. But then when I got a notice that I got a thread view and wanted to click on it to go directly to the thread notice I got an error saying "General failure...the url was ...an error ocurred in sending the command to the application."

Does anyone have an idea of what the conflict could be?

I'm also realizing that the block doesn't stick where I am placing it. When I'm under "customize this page" I am dragging this extra html block to the top right and then click save. But as soon as I refresh the home page it pops back to the last slot of all the blocks on the portal page. Is this happening to anyone else?

"Customise this page" is for users and applies only to that user.

If you want to set it up for everyone you need to use the layout options in the admin control panel.

I did put the html block where i wanted it in the admin panel also and saved it but it won't stick. Even refreshing the page as the admin it appears at the bottom even though the admin block says it's at the top. then I tried to go into 'customize this page' and move it to the top again but it won't 'hold.' Can't figure out why not.

I'm also realizing that the block doesn't stick where I am placing it. When I'm under "customize this page" I am dragging this extra html block to the top right and then click save. But as soon as I refresh the home page it pops back to the last slot of all the blocks on the portal page. Is this happening to anyone else?
In Portal page -> Customize this page -> Revert all

Salud2

In Portal page -> Customize this page -> Revert all

Salud2

I would never have figured this out, thank you! :D

but now I have a problem, although this extra html block is now at the top it has messed up the font of all of the other xenporta blocks even though I ended the extra html block with

<br />
</font>
</p>
</div>

:(

How do you add blocks on the right if someone views an individual forum or a thread?

but now I have a problem, although this extra html block is now at the top it has messed up the font of all of the other xenporta blocks even though I ended the extra html block with

<br />
</font>
</p>
</div>

Could be that div tab, but I am just guessing. Try removing that

Admin Control Panel - Xenporta options
Tick "Forum (forum-# > forum)" (or thread if you want it for a specific thread)
Then go to layout, set type as Forum and enter the forumid for the forum you want the layout to be for. Then click customise new layout. Then you just change the new layout to what you want and save it.

The above is to customise the block layout for that specific forum. If you just want the same side blocks as everywhere else, just tick "Forum (forum-# > forum)" and it'll use the portal sidebar layout.

<br />
</font>
</p>
</div>

I had the same problem with a block I made. Turns out I forgot a </div> in my code. I would recheck the html and make sure all tags are closed, and it's properly formatted. And I would look at whether you need that <br /> in there at all, since there's no content after it, it would seem unnecessary.

<br />
</font>
</p>
</div>

Post the code for the block up, I guess someone may debug it for you.
/font is depreciated, so I'd avoid that.

Admin Control Panel - Xenporta options
Tick "Forum (forum-# > forum)" (or thread if you want it for a specific thread)
Then go to layout, set type as Forum and enter the forumid for the forum you want the layout to be for. Then click customise new layout. Then you just change the new layout to what you want and save it.

The above is to customise the block layout for that specific forum. If you just want the same side blocks as everywhere else, just tick "Forum (forum-# > forum)" and it'll use the portal sidebar layout.

So if I want the layour same as the portal layout : admin.php?ewrporta/layouts/portal/edit I would need to tick the Index (index > portal) in the options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom