• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel to the rescue :)
As much as I like to help.. I think ChemicalKicks should wait until the stable release, because 1.1b3 is still unsupported and as the devs so do I not recommand it to use in production. His forum has more than 450,000 messages with more than 600 users.. it's better he waits until stable releases because he would have to upgrade again to the stable version to fix bugs which are not yet fixed (example: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ban-link-missing-from-membercard-1-1-0-beta-3.21704/ ).

I help where I can but keep the points in mind. But not in this thread ;)

This does not work for me with Beta 3? I don't get the option to modify anything (other than in the Options menu)--not on the home page or anywhere...

I don't see where I input my threads to be displayed?
Also the portal does not show up, its just a blank page.

When I added xenporta to my new site, and created a post for the recent news. It looked like the post was outside the module. I included a Picture. How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-19 at 11.17.17 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-10-19 at 11.17.17 PM.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 25
Hey, I made my site, and put flexile on it. I am very happy but i cannot figure out one thing. (I included a pic with my site and a pic with the way i want it to look). How do i make the one big white box area in the middle of the page for all the posts to show up on. (as seen on the pic what i want it to look like) Could you please tell me what i would do to make this happen.

Attachments

• My Site.webp
    My Site.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 29
  • What I want it to look like.webp
    What I want it to look like.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
I installed and set all the permissions for admins and even in the user specific permissions but when I go to /portal/modules/ I don't see anything to setup my portal page... just an empty page of my forum. Was there instructions included somewhere?

I get: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Update: looks like it was due to my second usergroup not having the same permissions for the portal as my admin. doh

Don't really have time to read through 156 pages, but why is it that my module settings aren't saving, but caching locally?

For instance, I can view the modules on Chrome, but if I open IE, they aren't there, even if logged in..

Nevermind, I'm retarded.

Are there some lines I need to add to the extra.css to make the default style look proper? My upcoming events module looks messed up with the text of the event overlapping the mini avatar.

Hey, I made my site, and put flexile on it. I am very happy but i cannot figure out one thing. (I included a pic with my site and a pic with the way i want it to look). How do i make the one big white box area in the middle of the page for all the posts to show up on. (as seen on the pic what i want it to look like) Could you please tell me what i would do to make this happen.

Are you using the module in the left or right block position? I *think* you need to put the news module in the top or the bottom block position to get what you want. Do you have a link to show what you mean?

Renada :)

I have been reading losts here and in the add-ons thread. Looks great.

There is one basic thing I do not understand. The starter description says the news article links to a forum.
I don't understand that.

What I want is to create articles with optional pictures - in a layout I choose per article. (My own templates?)
The article displays a link for the reader to open its discussion thread.

Is this right?

Much appreciated. Have another question (sorry new to this software) How do you make RecentSlider work showing the images / news?

Can anybody help with explaining on how to get the slider working...?
Yes.

You've got a news feed, yeah? Cool :)

Add a picture to one of the top stories from your news feed, the picture MUST BE named slide.jpg. That's about it. You may need to refresh the cache on the slider but it should just work.

My recent news pulls from a hidden forum I called In The News. When I add a thread with slide.jpg it shows up on a slider. I just used PROMOTE THREAD on a thread in a completely different forum because I liked the post and added slide.jpg to the first post but I don't see it in the slider, did I do something wrong?

My recent news pulls from a hidden forum I called In The News. When I add a thread with slide.jpg it shows up on a slider. I just used PROMOTE THREAD on a thread in a completely different forum because I liked the post and added slide.jpg to the first post but I don't see it in the slider, did I do something wrong?
I don't think it'll work with hidden forums, not sure mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom