• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the module layout will there still be an option to have a center module? Its a must for me and might be for others....
Of course... thats how I use it... if you don't put a "left" module, the "right" modules become "center" modules. Look at my website.

Hmm... something new I just discovered... its a side-effect to the changes... not something I intended to do, but it works out pretty nicely... Lets say you have a RecentThreads block.

This uses two files... RecentThreads.xml (the block file), and RecentThreads.php (the block executable). People have been confused on how to make additional instances of this block... In the new version it couldn't be more simple.
  1. Make a second copy of RecentThreads.php and upload it as RecentThreads2.php.
  2. Make a second copy of RecentThreads.xml, rename all instances of "RecentThreads" within the XML file to "RecentThreads2" (this is case sensitive, so only replace these EXACT instances)
  3. Install your new RecentThreads2.xml block!
Done!

Hi Jaxel,

The update sounds really impressive :)

Looking at one of the screenshots - It has a block called "Article" - Do you have any more details about this?

Currently im using the "Recent News" block to show articles, but if theres an actual block included that does this, that would be great. If this an actual article block, when a new article is added to the portal, is the old article stored anywhere for people to view?

If im barking up the wrong tree, I apologise!

Hi Jaxel,

The update sounds really impressive :)

Looking at one of the screenshots - It has a block called "Article" - Do you have any more details about this?

Currently im using the "Recent Threads" block to show articles, but if theres an actual block included that does this, that would be great. If this an actual article block, when a new article is added to the portal, is the old article stored anywhere for people to view?

If im barking up the wrong tree, I apologise!
Have you tried using the recent news module that already exists? Its pretty good. example - http://www.mmazone.com.au

Its not an actual "block" you can install... Its a DIV placed into the grid to make sure you CAN'T drag and drop blocks into that spot. Its basically like saying...

"This is where your article/forum/forum-# goes, it must ALWAYS be there."

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 100
Okay... now this is something special...

1.webp
By default, only Portal and Article pages fit into the Layout Framework. Here you can enable the Layout Framework for various sections of your website. If you enable the framework for a section, you must define a custom layout for that section, or it's global fallback.

If you enable the framework for "Forum", you can start defining custom layouts for each forum individually using "forum-#", where "#" is the node-id of that forum. If it can't find a custom layout defined for a forum, it will look for the fallback layout called "forum".

So, in other words, "forum-3" would the layout for the forum node of 3. While "forum" will be the layout for ALL forums that don't have custom layouts. You can chose not to have a layout called "forum" at all, so that your forums don't have layouts unless explicitly defined.

2.webp

So if I enable the "THREADS" globalization... I can create custom layouts for not only the default thread view, but also individual threads themselves! (a layout of THREAD-7146 will only apply to the thread #7146; while a layout with THREAD will apply to all threads)

3.webp

Holy crap, with that custom styling for a specific forum/thread all we need is a way to pust custom fields on a post and you could use this as a complete article system or for downloads or for whatever the heck you wanted to.

Holy crap, with that custom styling for a specific forum/thread all we need is a way to pust custom fields on a post and you could use this as a complete article system or for downloads or for whatever the heck you wanted to.
That can already be done... sort of...

What you can do is make a new custom block called "Downloads".
Assign this block to the sidebar on a layout called "THREAD-FORUM-30" (assuming 30 is your downloads forum. The layout will become the default layout for any thread within the forum node of 30.

Then here is where the "sort of" comes in. You need to create a callback function for the block as EWRporta_Blocks_Downloads.php in the appropriate folder. In the getBypass, get the thread information from the layout information... then use existing xenforo functions to get the first zip attachment from the first post of the thread.

That can already be done... sort of...

What you can do is make a new custom block called "Downloads".
Assign this block to the sidebar on a layout called "THREAD-FORUM-30" (assuming 30 is your downloads forum. The layout will become the default layout for any thread within the forum node of 30.

Then here is where the "sort of" comes in. You need to create a callback function for the block as EWRporta_Blocks_Downloads.php in the appropriate folder. In the getBypass, get the thread information from the layout information... then use existing xenforo functions to get the first zip attachment from the first post of the thread.

So...how would that be done? I know you do a ton of work on here, so I guess this is my way of asking without expecting, but do you intend on working on this? I think this would be fantastic addition to the add-on. Thanks!

Good afternoon, I wonder if anyone knows how to make the sidebar visible throughout the portal site and forum, for example by posting threads in the sidebar on the right side is equal to the gate!

Anyone know how?

Hugs!

Okay... i'm looking for people to beta test the new version... if you're interested, send me a message on AIM...

AIM: BadBreath911

I also want to re-iterate to all those interested... THIS NEXT VERSION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OLD VERSION! You MUST uninstall the old version before installing the new version.

Yes, I am interested, I use msn messenger, anything you send me a private message!

Jaxel their mods are for surely the best xenforo, thank you for this excellent work!

Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom