• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am Brazilian and would like to change the title of months, for example SEP and AUG, for SET and AGO.

What is the string of text to be changed?

thnx!

Hi all,

Xenporta is so awesome. However, i'm baffled as to why mine lacks the functionality and look that 8wayrun.com has. For example, if you check out http://8wayrun.com/threads/hate-speech-on-the-subject-of-change.8291/, there are multiple images on there with little captions - but the thumbnail associated with the post on the home page is not even on the post itself. Also, i noticed that my promote thread dialog box is not the same as:
untitled-1-jpg.18420

Mine simply has the Promotion Date fields and that's it, and i'm suspicious that this may be the cause. I have Xenporta 1.4.4 installed. My site is http://gplusforums.org. Another thing is, if i place an image at the top of my post, i try to not put a carriage return after it - so that the text underneath is directly below the image (and it's not very nice to look at). The reason i do this is because it prevents a huge blank space from appearing on the preview of the thread on the xenporta node. Any hints on why this occurs or suggestions on any fixes would be awesome. Thanks!

Would anyone be able to help?

I was testing the speed of this and I'm not the best tester for this, but it seems that on the portal homepage it has slowed down a bit.

Yslow says my homepage has 70+ requests, versus the forum which has 10+ requests. A post may have 20+ requests on average. Can you shed any light on on why there are so many requests?

Didn't know whether to post this in the XenPorta thread or here so I'll post it here first. It is a styling issue.

My Logo displays fine in Firefox, and in IE8 it displays fine on all pages except for the Portal/Home where it's offset, and the Nav bars are overlapped. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
If you dont give me an URL, I cant look at it...

Hi, I am Brazilian and would like to change the title of months, for example SEP and AUG, for SET and AGO.

What is the string of text to be changed?

thnx!
I believe its month_#_short

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help?
v1.5.0 is running on my website. It is not yet available as a production release.

I was testing the speed of this and I'm not the best tester for this, but it seems that on the portal homepage it has slowed down a bit.

Yslow says my homepage has 70+ requests, versus the forum which has 10+ requests. A post may have 20+ requests on average. Can you shed any light on on why there are so many requests?
ySlow is a really outdated metric. ySlow puts emphasis on things like requests, but when it comes down to it; internet is getting a lot faster and computers are getting stronger... its not much of a concern anymore. The higher concern should be the power of your server, and the sheer number of queries it takes to construct a page. XenPorta has caching features to greatly reduce the amount of queries to run the page.

That being said... there is a LOT of content on portals. Thats what portals are; its a content rich introduction to your website. More content means more requests. Every image, every file, every element on your page is a request. If you look at my portal: http://8wayrun.com/. You can just guess the amount of requests. 5 images on the slider, 3 avatar images in recent threads, 5 thumbnail images in recent news, 4 images in recent media, 5 avatars in status updates. Plus you have the 25 social media iframe requests, the header images, the css and javascript files, and the page itself. All this stuff adds up.

However, as I said before... ySlow is outdated and who cares about REQUESTS?

Requests are important in my opinion, as speed will start to impact google ranking. Even at 8mbps download, it takes 12+ seconds to load your homepage.

I'm not complaining about your portal, it's great. I was just wondering why it was so much slower. I reckon with it being a portal, there really isn't a way around it.

Requests are important in my opinion, as speed will start to impact google ranking. Even at 8mbps download, it takes 12+ seconds to load your homepage.

I'm not complaining about your portal, it's great. I was just wondering why it was so much slower. I reckon with it being a portal, there really isn't a way around it.
And if you disable facebook, it takes 1+ seconds. Its all Facebook.

On the portal page, go to "Administrate Modules". Here, drag and drop some modules in the desired positions and remember to save.

Okay... i'm looking for people to beta test the new version... if you're interested, send me a message on AIM...

AIM: BadBreath911

I also want to re-iterate to all those interested... THIS NEXT VERSION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OLD VERSION! You MUST uninstall the old version before installing the new version.

I don't have AIM, to request the testing. However, here is an idea to test: delete comment(not permanent delete), then select "show" to restore it and make sure it has the proper layout.

Hi guys I have a problem, when they click on posts like the portal is the content posted on facebook with a mini photo xenforo!

How to change and put a picture of my site?

Hi guys I have a problem, when they click on posts like the portal is the content posted on facebook with a mini photo xenforo!

How to change and put a picture of my site?
How do I replace the Xenforo Facebook recommend/like logo with my own?
Upload your logo to the server and change the image path in the ACP -> Styles -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Settings: Facebook Open Graph Logo. Due to caching it can take several weeks for the image to update on the Facebook servers.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom