• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running 1.4.1 and see there's a 1.4.2

No release post or notes unless I missed them. Do we delete the old version or overwrite to install the new version?

I would also like the first post to be updated for newer versions i have no idea what version is current and what isn't. I have no idea what has changed as i don't want to scan through 117 pages.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.2 CHANGELOG
  • This update greatly expands the settings page for modules. Make sure you click "update module settings" for any module which is no longer functioning in order to make sure the settings get updated properly (especially EventsUpcoming and RecentSlider)
  • Module settings pages now are easier to edit... with spinboxes and drop down menus.
  • Module settings now have orders and parameters that can be set (if you know what you're doing)

1.4.2 Latest Version, download archive in first post

When I view the slider in IE8 the slide.jpg does not appear to be resized to fit. Strangely it works fine in IE 9, Chrome & FF, latest releases.

However, when I view some other sites using IE8, such as 8wayrun.com, the images are correctly resized. I do get the transparency issue as well, discussed earlier, but I think that was explained earlier as a general issue with <IE9.

If anyone has any idea what might be happening, particularly if its some kind of user error (<----), it would be very helpful. The site in question is www.hocgaming.com

Incorrect Image:

sliderpic.webp

Correct Image Comparison:

sliderpic2.webp

Also... a quick question. Is there a way to disable the small image in the menu so that it could be text only?

Thanks. :)

So, there's 117 pages of conversations, I got through 10 and I'd feel like I'd be wasting my time going through the messages, so I will ask this question. I see on alot of the installs that they have the "Recent Slider" module working, how may I get this to grab news or threads to show? Do I need another app to have it work? Here's our install

http://www.nextgengamers.org/community/portal/

So, there's 117 pages of conversations, I got through 10 and I'd feel like I'd be wasting my time going through the messages, so I will ask this question. I see on alot of the installs that they have the "Recent Slider" module working, how may I get this to grab news or threads to show? Do I need another app to have it work? Here's our install

Slider works in the forum(s) identified in the recent news module. Upload a photo named "slide.jpg" in each thread starter that you would like to be presented in the slider (the photo does not have to be displayed in the post, it can be left as an attachment if you'd like). It does the rest.

Slider works in the forum(s) identified in the recent news module. Upload a photo named "slide.jpg" in each thread starter that you would like to be presented in the slider (the photo does not have to be displayed in the post, it can be left as an attachment if you'd like). It does the rest.
I'm confused atm and frustrated. Please explain what a thread starter is (I'm pretty sure I know it, it's just so hot -.-) and if it's what I think it is, the post that started a thread, then would I attach the slide.jpg as an attachment? Answering this would answer other people's questions similar to mine.

*edit* It's not only the picture, it''s everything in general, if you look at the installment.

In RecentNews Module Settings add a Forum you want to be displayed at the Portal Site (If you not done yet).
Open a Thread in this News-Forum and attach a Picture called slide.jpg to the first Post. Every Thread (1. Post) with this "slide.jpg" will be displayed into the slider included the Picture. This picture does not need to be placed just attached. Now import one of the sliders module you want. There are two...RecentSlider and AccordionSlider. Both can be located at /library/EWRporta/XML_Addons/ - Place the choosen Slider Module to the top of your Portal Site. And thats it

Thats how mine looks like http://test.brainlag.eu/ - I am waiting for the Portal upgrade to make it live.

btw you should smaller the recentslider_width:
Mine is 400px. Yours is 600px?!

Here is the Post http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-106#post-229244

Just as a FYI, this caused a major conflict with Forum Runner for XenForo.

Inside of library/EWRporta/Model/Post.php you have the code:

Code:
		if ($options->EWRporta_articleforum)
		{
			$limitOptions = $this->prepareLimitFetchOptions($fetchOptions);
			$stateLimit = $this->prepareStateLimitFromConditions($fetchOptions, 'post');
			$joinOptions = $this->preparePostJoinOptions($fetchOptions);

return $this->fetchAllKeyed('
				SELECT post.*
					' . $joinOptions['selectFields'] . '
				FROM xf_post AS post
				' . $joinOptions['joinTables'] . '
					LEFT JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)
				WHERE post.thread_id = ?
					AND (((' . $stateLimit . ')
					' . $this->addPositionLimit('post', $limitOptions['limit'], $limitOptions['offset']) . ')
					OR post.post_id = thread.first_post_id)
				ORDER BY post.position ASC, post.post_date ASC
			', 'post_id', $threadId);
		}

Which forces a LEFT JOIN xf_thread into the query.

Unfortunately inside of the call to $this->preparePostJoinOptions() above, it is possible for ANOTHER join onto xf_thread to occur (if $fetchOptions['join'] has self::FETCH_FORUM (or self::FETCH_THREAD) defined -- which Forum Runner does). This causes a db error since the resulting SQL is bad.

This is the fix I came up with which works okay:

Code:
                {

$extraJoin = '';
                        if (!($fetchOptions['join'] & self::FETCH_FORUM || $fetchOptions['join'] & self::FETCH_THREAD)) {
                                $extraJoin = '
                                        LEFT JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)
                                ';
                        }

SELECT post.*
                                FROM xf_post AS post
                                ' . $joinOptions['joinTables'] . $extraJoin . '
                                WHERE post.thread_id = ?
                                        ' . $this->addPositionLimit('post', $limitOptions['limit'], $limitOptions['offset']) . ')
                }

which basically checks if self::FETCH_FORUM (or self::FETCH_THREAD) is set, and if it is, don't attempt to join to xf_thread since that is already happening above.

Thanks for the heads up.. I think there is an even easier way to do it:
Code:
        {
            $fetchOptions['join'] += self::FETCH_THREAD;

SELECT post.*
                FROM xf_post AS post
                ' . $joinOptions['joinTables'] . '
                WHERE post.thread_id = ?
        }

Its an inner join, instead of a left join... but it should be impossible for "getPostsInThread" to not have a thread, so random post islands shouldn't be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom