• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated to the latest version from 1.3.3 and the module managing page now looks really odd:

ItgWL.jpg

I can't enable/disable anything or change any positions

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.3 CHANGELOG
A lot of files have changed with this version. Be sure to DELETE YOUR ENTIRE /library/EWRporta/ directory before uploading the new files. (Also remember to turn your forum off while updating).
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum index sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum view sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • Article view of threads has been slightly changed in order to avoid conflict with other mods.
  • "slide.jpg" attachment on posts will now ALWAYS be visible, no matter the permission settings.
  • Online Users block now has an option to disable the "staff online now" section.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for chat rooms are now stored and displayed.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for users online is now stored. Right now its not displayed anywhere, but the data is being collected in the ideas of future use.
  • Recent News block now looks COMPLETELY different.
  • Dates on the recent news module are now properly formatted for guest time zones.
  • Events Upcoming block now has format selection for hours, days, weeks and months.
  • Fixed the odd form width bug on the login/register pane on the portal.
This version pretty much makes XenPorta a "framework" for your sidebar.

After deleting everything from library does that mean that all the extra modules need to be re-added from the XML Addon folder?

Edit: The recent news module doesn't look any different in my style but it's changed in the default style. I assume I need to copy the templates as they don't seem to have updated for my custom style?

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.3 CHANGELOG
A lot of files have changed with this version. Be sure to DELETE YOUR ENTIRE /library/EWRporta/ directory before uploading the new files. (Also remember to turn your forum off while updating).
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum index sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum view sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • Article view of threads has been slightly changed in order to avoid conflict with other mods.
  • "slide.jpg" attachment on posts will now ALWAYS be visible, no matter the permission settings.
  • Online Users block now has an option to disable the "staff online now" section.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for chat rooms are now stored and displayed.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for users online is now stored. Right now its not displayed anywhere, but the data is being collected in the ideas of future use.
  • Recent News block now looks COMPLETELY different.
  • Dates on the recent news module are now properly formatted for guest time zones.
  • Events Upcoming block now has format selection for hours, days, weeks and months.
  • Fixed the odd form width bug on the login/register pane on the portal.
This version pretty much makes XenPorta a "framework" for your sidebar.

Why don't you List this all in your first or second post which will help other members to find out the recent updates instead of searching through end pages.

Jaxel, could I just ask what does "breakout of content container" try to do? It's not currently working on my theme but I'm not sure what changes when it's ticked or not.

Edit: To clarify I know what is meant to do but not how it technically accomplishes it.

Also a suggestion regarding the standardisation of the sidebar. The new system is great but now means that anything that was previously added to the forum sidebar (and not the portal sidebar) is now gone.

Is it simple enough to create a portal module that allows you to select anything that was on the forum sidebar and add it to the portal sidebar? As the forum sidebar just uses templates I'm imaging it'd be quite straightforward but not sure how to approach it.

Jaxel, could I just ask what does "breakout of content container" try to do? It's not currently working on my theme but I'm not sure what changes when it's ticked or not.

Edit: To clarify I know what is meant to do but not how it technically accomplishes it.
it removes the breadcrumb and the forum name
edit: n/m

so for whatever reason the recent news module isnt displaying the date:
0083.webp

0084.webp

edit: i was able to get the date to show by clearing the module cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom