• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I both deleted the module through the administration page and deleted the actual xml file. How do I clear the module cache?
you dont need to delete the xml file, just drag the module to the bottom to deactivate then click the 'update module order' button.
to clear the module cache click the O link:
0085.webp

Hey all

Very quick and hopefully simple question.

I know everyone can at present change the order and layout of the homepage to suit themselves, but how do we change the 'baseline' ie the one that everyone defaults to if they have not made any changes?

Many thanks!

On your portal page.

If you don't see it then you've not set the portal permissions correctly in your ACP -> usergroup permissions.

As in 'Can Administrate Modules'?

Am able to change layout, but it doesnt appear to be applying to non admin views?

Cheers both.

I can indeed access the modules page - what I am trying to do is change the default layout for all - at the moment, it appears to only be for me?

Also - when I test permissions, normal users can access the 'customize this page' button. Has this been changed yet? (I have the latest version).

Fixed my issue. It was the 'footer' section of the news module causing the bug. I just manually set the height of the footer to 30px to fix the problem:

Code:
.recentNews .sectionFooter { margin: 10px -10px -10px; height: 28px; }

Cheers both.

I can indeed access the modules page - what I am trying to do is change the default layout for all - at the moment, it appears to only be for me?

Also - when I test permissions, normal users can access the 'customize this page' button. Has this been changed yet? (I have the latest version).
changes made in portal/modules is the default
changes made in portal/customize are yours only.
there is a usergroup permission 'can customise modules'
note that the link isnt visible anywhere unless you have the tab active in options. you might have it off to avoid the double home tab issue.

OK so i fixed the module sorting issue (just had to update some styles). But why is the first news item huge?

DSC0N.jpg
Thats happening because you edited some CSS somwhere and set "clear: both;"... it should be by default "clear: right;"

Thats happening because you edited some CSS somwhere and set "clear: both;"... it should be by default "clear: right;"

I too have this issue and I have removed all my left hand mods to fix the issue.
Adding them back this issue returns....
I have edited the XML to add clear: right and also tried clear: left and I have tried all the modules with no clear at all.
Nothing fixes this extended box issue.

[BUG] Forum Side Panel options don't seem to function.
The only function that works with all forums is: Standardize Forum Sidebar
If I try and use Standardize Index Sidebar, the Event Forum is blank on the right hand side.
If I turn them both off, the Event Forum is blank on the right hand side.

Also... Standardize Index Sidebar doesn't seem to do anything regardless of the forum I navigate too...

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.3 CHANGELOG
A lot of files have changed with this version. Be sure to DELETE YOUR ENTIRE /library/EWRporta/ directory before uploading the new files. (Also remember to turn your forum off while updating).
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum index sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • There is now an option to standardize the forum view sidebar into the portal sidebar.
  • Article view of threads has been slightly changed in order to avoid conflict with other mods.
  • "slide.jpg" attachment on posts will now ALWAYS be visible, no matter the permission settings.
  • Online Users block now has an option to disable the "staff online now" section.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for chat rooms are now stored and displayed.
  • "Most users online ever" simple data for users online is now stored. Right now its not displayed anywhere, but the data is being collected in the ideas of future use.
  • Recent News block now looks COMPLETELY different.
  • Dates on the recent news module are now properly formatted for guest time zones.
  • Events Upcoming block now has format selection for hours, days, weeks and months.
  • Fixed the odd form width bug on the login/register pane on the portal.
This version pretty much makes XenPorta a "framework" for your sidebar.

Hi Jaxel,

Clemson from forumrunner fixed the issue with Xen Porta for me by manually editing some files. If i upgrade will I have issues with forum runner or have you updated this in 1.4.3? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom