• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy.

After installing this plugin, I now have two home buttons. I've poked around the thread, but after 15 pages I'm a bit burned out on hunting for an answer.

Did I fail at the install or did I miss a step? Followed the instructions from beginning to end.

Howdy.

After installing this plugin, I now have two home buttons. I've poked around the thread, but after 15 pages I'm a bit burned out on hunting for an answer.

Did I fail at the install or did I miss a step? Followed the instructions from beginning to end.

Go to your Admin panel:

ACP > Basic Board Information > delete your home page URL

Regards,
Renada :)

I made this post earlier and found a quick fix. It might be useful to add it to the default installation as well:

Is there any way to get indents and lists to show up properly on the Recent News module? If I pull posts automatically based on forum it doesn't work at all, but if I promote, it shows the bullet point but without the indent.

Sorry if this was asked before but searching didn't come up with anything.

In EWRporta_Block_RecentNews replace
HTML:
<div class="messageContent">
with
HTML:
<div class="messageContent baseHtml">
as per Kier's post about eliminating formatting issues with things like lists. He says to wrap the content in a separate div, but this seems to work just as well.

So wait, my sites forums is ate http://www.team-mc.net/forum So would I go to www.team-mc.net/forum/portal/modules?? Because I tried that and nothing happened; I'm a bit confused about what to do when you enable the modules. Can somebody help?
Thanks.

Navigate to your Home page. You should see Modules in your sub-navigation menu under the Home page. If you do not see this option, enter your ACP and be sure the "Administrate Portal" permission is set for the account you are using.

So I finally got the modules to work, then i was adding them and then the website crashed altogether, it says an unexpected internal server error whenever I enable the index controller, when i uncheck it, the website works.

found the bug, upcoming events broke it. Some bug with upcoming events for me. Also how do I change the twitter feed?

The Upcoming Events module requires XenAtendo to be installed.

The twitter module can be configured in the modules admin section Home > Modules. Double click the Twitter option and an overlay window will appear.

I checked the box which says "Set as Index Controller", and then the portal was the homepage, so it worked, but /forum didn't. It gave "An unexpected error has occurred"

Hey I'm sure this is probably one of the most possible nooby posts but, how do I change the twitter from 8wayrun to something else?

The portal's "Recent News" blocks were cutting off the promoted posts in the middle of words. To change this behavior, I came up with a revised line of code.

In the /library/EWRporta/Block directory, edit RecentNews.php. Look around line 50 for this line:

PHP:
$post['message'] = trim(substr($post['message'], 0, $options['recentnews_truncate']));

Replace with:

PHP:
$post['message'] = trim(strtok(wordwrap($post['message'],$options['recentnews_truncate'],"\v"),"\v"));

A bit of a hack for now, but it works. I could also do it with substr($message,0,-1) instead of strtok...no biggie. PHP's wordwrap() is made for splitting sentences--you give it a maximum number of characters, and it then searches backward from that maxiumum to find the first available space character; you also pass it a character to use for the split. Used the "\v" vertical tab character since that doesn't appear often in text. ;)

The portal's "Recent News" blocks were cutting off the promoted posts in the middle of words. To change this behavior, I came up with a revised line of code.

In the /library/EWRporta/Block directory, edit RecentNews.php. Look around line 50 for this line:

PHP:
$post['message'] = trim(substr($post['message'], 0, $options['recentnews_truncate']));

Replace with:

PHP:
$post['message'] = trim(strtok(wordwrap($post['message'],$options['recentnews_truncate'],"\v"),"\v"));

A bit of a hack for now, but it works. I could also do it with substr($message,0,-1) instead of strtok...no biggie. PHP's wordwrap() is made for splitting sentences--you give it a maximum number of characters, and it then searches backward from that maxiumum to find the first available space character; you also pass it a character to use for the split. Used the "\v" vertical tab character since that doesn't appear often in text. ;)
You're not using the most recent version... the most recent version uses this:

PHP:
$post['message'] = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($post['message'], $options['recentnews_truncate']);

No, I probably don't have the latest. :D It's been too hard to keep track, as I've had a lot going on here. (JUST finished a particularly hairy semester at school this past week.)

I have my template for RecentNews a bit customized, so I'm wary to upgrade and have it overwritten. Otherwise, I'll grab it and give it a whirl, as I have it on a second site. Thanks!

pretty sure WikiNav is considered a side block item which is not designed to work in top or bottom
Madeit to the RIGHT section in modules.
-> An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

besides I found in XenMedio that I cannot input keywords for the video if the keywords language is other than English, words disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom