• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have XenCarta installed? WikiNav will not work without it.

I have no familiarity working with languages other then English so someone else will have to assist you on your XenMedio issue.

Reactions: Ra
Do you have XenCarta installed? WikiNav will not work without it.

I have no familiarity working with languages other then English so someone else will have to assist you on your XenMedio issue.
arghh
exactly! many thanks!
and - I forgot to do that before - I am very grateful to Jaxel for the things made for the XenManiacs!

While clicking on your sig :

That's the URL it shows on browser .
Yeah that's cos that's where the link is set to go here on xenforo.com. (utm_source is for my analytics, so I can see who clicked in from where. Was something I tried and seems to work nicely.) In the board url area of The Geek District I have it set up like this:

2011-04-24-14h48_07.webp

I appreciate you trying to help :) I just wondered if there were a step I was missing, it seems that there isn't.

Installed this (worked great BTW), but when I went to edit the facebook module, I couldn't save the changes due to that I have a lot of usergroups and the save button was appearing below the bottom of the screen. So basically, I can't make any changes due to that.

This pretty much goes for all of the modules I guess as they are all displaying usergroups for access, etc.

You c
Installed this (worked great BTW), but when I went to edit the facebook module, I couldn't save the changes due to that I have a lot of usergroups and the save button was appearing below the bottom of the screen. So basically, I can't make any changes due to that.

This pretty much goes for all of the modules I guess as they are all displaying usergroups for access, etc.
You can usually scroll in the popup. Then you can save your settings

It's a minor design issue. Change your screen resolution, make the changes you need, then change back. For the most part, once you make your module setting changes you don't have to go back to that screen. It's a minor inconvenience.

Could somebody help me with making a module that transitions through a directory of images and displays them and transitions them with a chosable effect; I need this as a header for my site to display images. Anybody know how to do this?
Thanks.

i suspect about length factor but i am not sure

Your post is 47k+ characters. The default XF install is 10k characters. I would agree with your assumption that the character count is the issue.

You can ask Jaxel what the limitation is but I am curious to ask...you really want to show the entire post on your home page? Might I suggest simply showing the first few thousand characters and then let the "continue reading..." appear. You can also use prebreaks to choose a certain part of the post you want to appear.

Quick one--on the RecentNews module, which CSS attribute adjusts the size of the thumbnail images in posts? The way it's written--if an attachment is found, the first attachment in the post is used. If no attachment but an image is linked in the post, the first linked image is used. Failing those, it displays the user avatar. I disabled the user avatar portion in the code (simple enough), but tried changing a few different CSS lines (even adding my own) and the images just would not resize. I was trying to use a "max-width" and/or "max-height" or at least constrain these in some way. I want to downsize them a bit. I've tried the obvious so far but haven't had luck.

All of the CSS code Jaxel wrote for the portal page is contained within EWRporta.css

I do not see anything he wrote for the avatar's CSS so it would be using your forum's default settings. If you wanted to change those settings it would be something like (I have not tested) .EWRporta_Portal .recentNews .avatar .img

All of the CSS code Jaxel wrote for the portal page is contained within EWRporta.css
I didn't see anything there that seemed relevant either.

I do not see anything he wrote for the avatar's CSS so it would be using your forum's default settings. If you wanted to change those settings it would be something like (I have not tested) .EWRporta_Portal .recentNews .avatar .img
I may give this a try. Thanks! I can hard-code the IMG tags with max-width and max-height (which I've done temporarily), but that is obviously not the correct way. Gets confusing when you have CSS coming in from all different places. ;)

Your post is 47k+ characters. The default XF install is 10k characters. I would agree with your assumption that the character count is the issue.

You can ask Jaxel what the limitation is but I am curious to ask...you really want to show the entire post on your home page? Might I suggest simply showing the first few thousand characters and then let the "continue reading..." appear. You can also use prebreaks to choose a certain part of the post you want to appear.

I already use the first 1000 character to show. "continue reading" for rest of them. I have some other 50k, 60k threads too but there is no problem for them.

I didn't see anything there that seemed relevant either.

I may give this a try. Thanks! I can hard-code the IMG tags with max-width and max-height (which I've done temporarily), but that is obviously not the correct way. Gets confusing when you have CSS coming in from all different places. ;)

That didn't work, nor did other variations thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom