• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paul. I read it. Just scared to death that I'm going to screw it up. If anyone could, it would be moi.
Don't forget that everything except avatars and attachments are stored in the database so even if you do manage to somehow delete the files, all you need to do is upload the package once again and configure your config.php file.

Worst case scenario is you will lose avatars and attachments.

If you are using a windows based FTP program such as SmartFTP or FileZilla... just go into your /mvt/, highlight all your files/folders (except ".."), and then drag and drop them into the ".." folder (which should be at the top of your file list. ".." folder means "one directory up".

I don't seem to have that. See the screenie..

ftp.webp

I use CuteFTP Pro, and from what I can find in the help files, it doesn't have a tree display.
Can I just move the mvt folder to my desktop then ftp the contents to my site root?
I dont know what FTP program you are using... do you have a Tree View? You can just drag the files to one level up on the tree, which would be /public_html/

I use CuteFTP Pro, and from what I can find in the help files, it doesn't have a tree display.
Can I just move the mvt folder to my desktop then ftp the contents to my site root?

Yes you can ! once they are on root you can delete mtv folder.

It would probably be easier... and faster to just download FileZilla.

2 - move your forum to http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/ (and portal at /portal/), then simply select the "Set as Index Controller" option in your adminCP options for XenPorta.
^ Still isn't working for me, fyi :(

My forum is at thegeekdistrict.com - portal is thegeekdistrict.com/portal - checked the "Set as Index Controller" - the portal is now thegeekdistrict.com, but thegeekdistrict.com/forum (where the forum SHOULD show) throws an error.

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Ok I have installed Filezilla. Now attempting to move contents of mvt to the .. folder.

Keep your fingers crossed. o_O

I did it! :D Everything is moved and working, at least it seems to be.
WHEW!

I bet y'all have never had to do so much hand-holding in your life. :p

Now to install the portal. :rolleyes:

Ok I have the portal installed. THAT was the easy part!

Only problem is, I have two (2) Home links on my navbar?

Home_nav.webp

forum_nav.webp

ahHA! TY Renada.

Looks awesome peggy :) This will do your job of WP instead nicely .

Follow this:

Recent Threads - Top
Recent News - Center
Members online- right
forum stats - right
share page /recent status - left

That setup might look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom