• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Error: Can't figure this out.

Server Error

call_user_func(EWRporta_Install::installCode) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  2. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/acal/public_html/punchtrees.com/admin.php at line 13

Please provide ALL of the details so others have a chance to help you.

What version of XF are you on?
What version of XenPorta do you have?
What page of your site were you on when the error occurred? Home? Forums? other?
What EXACTLY were you doing just prior to the error?

Server Error

call_user_func(EWRporta_Install::installCode) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  2. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/acal/public_html/punchtrees.com/admin.php at line 13

Upload the files first :)

Got it figured out :p I'm a dummy! haha.. now the question is.. where do I add and update "news" for my home section using XenPorta.

What is the exact name of the block you are trying to change? From your navigation bar go to Home > Modules and take a look. If you do not see Modules as an option from the Home menu, check to ensure you set your permissions correctly.

I assume you are referring to the Recent News block. If so, I am not clear what you mean by "update". The settings for the Recent News block can be found in the Module area described above. Just double-click Recent News.

When trying to install the portal via this link library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml it comes up with a 403 forbidden error. I asked the web host was it something on their end and this is what they said -

The issue is due to a .htaccess file in the library sub-directory which is denying access from everyone. Here are the contents of said file:
/home/******/public_html/****/library/.htaccess:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

I could remove these directives for you, but they look intentional as part of the XenForo install. Just let us know.

What do I do?

What is the exact name of the block you are trying to change? From your navigation bar go to Home > Modules and take a look. If you do not see Modules as an option from the Home menu, check to ensure you set your permissions correctly.

I assume you are referring to the Recent News block. If so, I am not clear what you mean by "update". The settings for the Recent News block can be found in the Module area described above. Just double-click Recent News.

So this area I want to enable my google ads to display but I also want to add news updates regularly but I can't find where to input the news updates. I found out how to incorporate the google ads but they aren't displaying, which I can work on later.

Attachments

• thisarea.webp
    thisarea.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
So this area I want to enable my google ads to display but I also want to add news updates regularly but I can't find where to input the news updates. I found out how to incorporate the google ads but they aren't displaying, which I can work on later.

The Flexile Dark Green is looking good at your site :cool:

Ok so you are on your Home page and want to adjust your main page area. You keep mentioning "news". There are two modules which offer the ability to take content from your forums and display them on your portal page: Recent Threads and Recent News. To configure either of these modules you would need to do the following:

- Go to your ACP and ensure you have permissions for XenPorta (Administrate Portal & Promote Thread permissions)

- Go to your Home > Modules area and select the module you wish to work with by left-clicking. Set up all the options. I would suggest not touching permissions initially. By default everyone can see everything.

- Move your Recent News and/or Recent Threads to either the Top or Bottom position. I realize this thread is 60+ pages but you should really read the first couple pages as it covers positioning of these modules.

Yes, works within twitter, not within the twitter module here ;)

I am not sure why the quotation marks are not working within the XenPorta module. I did notice that whenever I entered "comic book" as the twitter_search term and pressed the Update Module Settings button, the field cleared and when I went back to inspect my settings it was always an empty field.

I did try entering [comic and book] without the brackets and that seemed to work perfect. My twitter block was filled of comic book tweets but I did not see any use of comic nor book without the full comic book phrase.

Are there any actual instructions for this mod? I've read through about 12 pages of comments, but couldn't find a link to any.

What kind of instructions are you looking for ?
Wow you guys respond quickly.
Any instructions really. I have it installed, but I don't understand how to set anything up. I'm new to Xenforo, just bought it today, but the only options I see for the mod are Set as index, Show Navigation Tab etc etc and some addon edit options which change the version number, nothing to set up module blocks or set the forum linking. I'm probably just not looking in the right place for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom